• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
    Somehow I doubt SyFy would allow that
    Neither would Matt.

[edit]Before I forget again:

Ronon's Mission Report!
    "The only way I'm ever getting within shooting distance of those stone things is if I'm actually shooting them. I mean it. End of report."
    Last edited by Eternal Density; 09 November 2009, 03:12 PM.
    "Most people who are watching TV are semi-catatonic. They're not fully alive." - U.S. District Court Judge Timothy Batten Sr.
    Ronald Greer is also a medic. Your argument is invalid.
    Originally posted by J-Whitt Remastered
    Secondly, I think that everything DigiFluid is good.
    Sandcastle Builder: The game of XKCD: Time

Comment

Originally posted by Commander Zelix View Post
      Well maybe I'm wrong and the Destiny won't bring them to the food planet and they will effectively need to turn to cannibalism. I can see it form here.

Rush:"First, we need to start eating the most useless people to our survival until we find a food planet. I propose we cook Chloe first. She's a fine young woman and we all like her. But we must always consider the greater good first."

Now THAT would be dark and gritty.
      Indeed . That would be an interesting theme to explore .

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
        Somehow I doubt SyFy would allow that
        They wouldn't and if they did I'd loose my lunch.
        Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
        "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
        Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

I really want to love the show, be wowed by it but so far it feels rather too sluggish and bogged down by detailed contrivances. I'm still watching... waiting for the payoff at the end of all this. It's not as if I'm expecting a lot of action or explosions at every corner but I do think they need to pick up the pace a little.

I don't care for the stones and an episode revolved almost completely around them was grating especially when it was taken to ridiculous extremes with the two Colonels.

Rush is without a doubt a wonderful character. Without him and Carlyle's amazing performance, this show would fall like a pack of cards. That aura of mystery that he exudes is quite intriguing. He never seems to care to explain himself when challenged about his integrity. He doesn't care how others see him but only focused on wherever the ship takes them. One minute he's the good guy and the next, he could be the bad guy. One can never be too sure. He could be the villain and yet he would eschew such labels.

I don't know what this episode achieved except perhaps to say that the Stargate programme is now apparently peopled by fools. The slowness of the previous eps I understood and accepted because they were about survival through difficult circumstances. But this one felt riddled with silliness and it was up to Rush to save the day.
          sigpic
          "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchell82 View Post
            They wouldn't and if they did I'd loose my lunch.
            If Rush so much as suggested it, he'd loose his teeth to Chloe's boots.
            Last edited by Eternal Density; 09 November 2009, 07:01 PM. Reason: mising letter (kinda like that one)
            "Most people who are watching TV are semi-catatonic. They're not fully alive." - U.S. District Court Judge Timothy Batten Sr.

Comment

erm haven't read the whole thread but what were they hinting at in the closing scenes when the Telford turned up at Youngs Mrs house?

I know he jumped in mid-song so to speak but how would he know where she lived, or are they hinting that he is having an affair with her? (which makes the jumping in mid-song scene even more funny - how is she gonna explain that one away ).

When I saw Carlyle was in SG:U I thought oh screw this I'm not watching it cos of him, but actually he's my favourite character so far, remind me of my dad, bad tempered and to the point hehe.

Comment

Originally posted by Ian-S View Post
                erm haven't read the whole thread but what were they hinting at in the closing scenes when the Telford turned up at Youngs Mrs house?
                There are a number of theories, see here Telford's actions and speculation on the final scene and here Telford/Young/Emily relationships and future speculation

Comment

gREAT EPISODE
                  good guys and bad guys in EP Earth and i like how it wasn't rush vs young this time. I.O.A vs Destiny team ie rush. did not like the end scene. thats just a evil thing to do youngs wife.

Comment

Originally posted by globex View Post
                    Indeed . That would be an interesting theme to explore .
                    You really don't like those characters, do you? I'll start a "top 3 characters on the menu" thread soon.
                    Currently watching: Dark Matter, 12 Monkeys, Doctor Who, Under the Dome, The Mentalist, The Messengers, The Last Ship, Elementary, Dominion, The Whispers, Extant, Olympus, Da Vinci's Demons, Vikings

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                      I think with chloe's mom she was more understanding cause she was let into what was going on especially after dad went there as well. AS for Young's wife, she knew he was going somewhere.

Did Eli know of his comments?
                      The scene just reinforced the point that these Earth scientists don't fully grasp the situation. Considering Eli was beamed directly out of his house just minutes after O'Neill and Rush knocked on his door, directly on to the Hammond on its way to Icarus. They didn't exactly give him time to pack a bag, and I don't think they found any laundry facilities on the Destiny yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff-B View Post
                        The scene just reinforced the point that these Earth scientists don't fully grasp the situation. Considering Eli was beamed directly out of his house just minutes after O'Neill and Rush knocked on his door, directly on to the Hammond on its way to Icarus. They didn't exactly give him time to pack a bag, and I don't think they found any laundry facilities on the Destiny yet.
                        yes, that had more to do with comic relief than reasonnable action.. (they were not really in a hurry to take Eli there, were they?). I admit it made me laugh though, considering what o'Neill said, which could seem to be a joke for untrained ears...

Comment

I thought it was really strange that they spent so much of the episode focussing on relationships...

I'm really sick of these stupid communication stones; though I hope they barely use them now that Young is cut at the Pentagon.

And omg, is it just me or has Richard Dean Anderson packed on the kgs O__o

Comment

Originally posted by Julian View Post
                            I thought it was really strange that they spent so much of the episode focussing on relationships...

I'm really sick of these stupid communication stones; though I hope they barely use them now that Young is cut at the Pentagon.

And omg, is it just me or has Richard Dean Anderson packed on the kgs O__o
                            Its well known in fandom lack of exercise because of a knee surgery has caused RDA to put on some weight.
                            Originally posted by aretood2
                            Jelgate is right

Comment

You know when you go on a roller-coaster, and the first minute or two are the slow wind up to the top, and then the ride really begins...this episode is where the ride really begins. 9/10

Comment

I dislike how this episode had to end once again with them thinking Rush was hiding something. Can he not have done something nice for once and not be questioned?

Also I feel quite horrified By Telfords actions, but I'm certain it won't be for the obvious sex advantage. For a starter he has to hope he acts just like Young would, and even if he got away with it, the next time Young visits his wife she'd mention the last time he was there, he won't remember, and thus Telford will get fired we could hope.

However it will no doubt put the obvious strain on Youngs relationship with his wife, even though she couldn't help it.

Good episode I think!

Comment

Working...
                                X