Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Young is the good guy. Why the majority think different?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

spinny,

Originally posted by spinny magee View Post
    Ok firstly, assuming for some reason this were real life, he has my seal of approval for lasting this long, hes under a crap load of pressure, hes got Wray trying to crawl up his rectumn, to his left Scott and Chloe smooching whilst Eli watches on with an evil look, another corner TJ being pregnant and in front of him Greer torching civvies who found his stash of "plants".

Assaulting Rush: Frankly if someone had been peeving me off for that long, lieing, and trying to frame me i'd almost do the same
    Telford: Well played is all I can say.
    Are these the actions of someone who is calm and collected in moments charged with emotion and pressure?
    All plot and no character makes for a dull story... All plot and no character makes for a dull story... All plot and no character makes for a dull story... All plot and no character makes for a dull story...

"Scott isn't out. Actually, he'll probably soon get back in, then out, then in, then out, then in, with rhythm and stamina." reddevil 4/22/2010

Comment

Originally posted by Ser Scot A Ellison View Post
      spinny,

Are these the actions of someone who is calm and collected in moments charged with emotion and pressure?
      Again, put yourself in his shoes, he ain't no pimpin Spock or Teal'c (yes spock is a pimp).

If you walked in on let's say......you are Scott and you find Greer Smooching Chloe do you
      A: Slap Greer whilst squealing
      B: Say "Good man, I lose goodbye"
      C: Get Young to airlock both of them
      D: Get the nearest .45 and go on a rampage not realising you left the ammo behind and the safety is on.
      E: Pretend it never happened.

Oh well, such is life.
      Tst

Comment

spinny,

I was referring to attacking Telford and marooning Rush to die.
        All plot and no character makes for a dull story... All plot and no character makes for a dull story... All plot and no character makes for a dull story... All plot and no character makes for a dull story...

"Scott isn't out. Actually, he'll probably soon get back in, then out, then in, then out, then in, with rhythm and stamina." reddevil 4/22/2010

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
          Because what is right is not always popular
          What he did (stranding Rush on that planet) was not "right" by any stretch of the imagination. It may have been expedient, Rush may have pushed him past his limits, Rush may have done something utterly despicable, but none of those things make it "right".
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Lahela View Post
            What he did (stranding Rush on that planet) was not "right" by any stretch of the imagination. It may have been expedient, Rush may have pushed him past his limits, Rush may have done something utterly despicable, but none of those things make it "right".
            Exactly. A good excuse never turns something wrong in something right.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Artemis-Neith View Post
              which could be said about ANY of their actions, Rush's included
              sigpic

SGU-RELATED FANART | IN YOUNG WE TRUST | FANDUMB

Comment

Originally posted by xxxevilgrinxxx View Post
                That applies to any action of any person, it's neither exclusive to Rush, or Young.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by xxxevilgrinxxx View Post
                  Totally agree. I don't believe I've ever said otherwise.
                  sigpic

Comment

I think Young is a good guy, but he have the tendencies to first act than think.
                    And also he likes not to explain his actions to anyone (like Rush do, too.) It´s his military background I suppose. And that makes them more alike than they both would admit. Where Rush can be cold and pragmatic, Young can be the opposite. Like Ying and Yang (I like that dynamic)
                    however, leaving Rush behind was not the smartest choice, he could let have work the advantage of that situation for him, with knowing Rush have framed him for Spencers death. But he let his anger take control, and Rush know to play that out in his favour.
                    sigpic

Comment

Myhelix,

Young's issues are more than military training, in my opinion. He lets his emotions get the better of him on a regular basis. That's not a good trait in a commanding officer.

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                        Because what is right is not always popular
                        What's right usually is whats popular. Right is decided by the masses in society (and is constantly developing and changing), not by some moral virtue bestowed on a singular individual allowing them to make decisions on life or death. That's why there is a Prosecutor and a Defense Attorney who present their case to a Jury for the most 'popular' decision to be reached on a person's guilt or innocence.

It's the foundation of our justice system.

What Young did was neither popular or right, it was hot tempered and selfish.
                        Last edited by Deevil; 03 September 2010, 06:50 AM.
                        Disclaimer: All opinions stated within this post are relevant to the author herself, and do not in any way represent the opinions of God, Country, The Powers That Be or Greater Fandom.

Any resemblance to aforementioned opinions are purely coincidental.

Comment

I don't doubt Young's intentions at all - he is definitely a good guy.

Rush on the other hand is pretty much the polar opposite, he has some very ugly character traits the most obvious of which is out narcissistic he is. He neglected his wife when she was dieing, he stranded people on Destiny because of his desire to dial the 9th chevron, he shows zero compassion and is constantly trying to get people to sacrafice themselves for the "greater good" (three times now?) but never seems to volunteer himself.

Comment

What does Rush's character traits have to do with Young being a good guy? Rush can be the biggest Donkey in the universe, but that doesn't make Young a good guy in the comparison pools (or visa versa).

Young is a guy who is clearly also narcissistic, quick to temper, violent, bullying, cloying and on occasion irrational. These things don't mean that he isn't working towards what he believes to be the greater good, but it doesn't mean they are the 'greater good' either.

Personally anyone who leaves someone to die, or threatens their life when they don't like the way they are being questioned doesn't fit into the 'good guy' category - but we all have our own definitions to apply here.
                            Disclaimer: All opinions stated within this post are relevant to the author herself, and do not in any way represent the opinions of God, Country, The Powers That Be or Greater Fandom.

Any resemblance to aforementioned opinions are purely coincidental.

Comment

Originally posted by Artemis-Neith View Post
                              Yeah but Rushs' actions were pre-meditated, Young's weren't - he just has a bad temper.

Comment

Sami,

Young's job demands he keep a level head. Rush's, not so much.

Comment

Working...
                                X