• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by asdf1239 View Post
    fortunately the
    Spoiler:
    lucian alliance
    will do things better
    well that's just it, and it's whats got Brian Smith all pissed.
    Spoiler:
    The LA taking the Destiny with force, and taking control. That and Young is the spy.
    Last edited by dacooker; 10 April 2010, 12:21 AM.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Tabula Rasa View Post
      BANG! Problem solved.
      Making martyrs complicates your life.

regards,
      G.
      Go for Marty...

Comment

Precisely. Dead Wray or Dead Rush would be remembered by the civilians as heroes. Wray certainly isn't that, and Rush, much as I like him, is only a hero once in a while.

Comment

Originally posted by Commander Zelix View Post
          Don't push it. Rush is the only reason why everybody is stuck on the Destiny far from their family. If he wasn't so indispensable because of his scientific knowledge I would have locked him up the minute I got on the Destiny. I find that unbelievable the civilians would back him up now. Oh well....
          Total agreement with above.

I enjoy Rush. He's dynamic and polarizing. But that ****-eating grin in the Pilot when Young confronted him about not dialing the Alpha Site and instead taking his chance to reach Destiny. Condemning everyone Civies and Military alike in their situation. Marks him as the last guy to trust and first guy to shoot if you had to.

That being said , the show would be twenty to twentyfive percent less awesome without him.

As for James, since her last scene in Space I get the feeling she is on an emotional razor edge. The Military are her family now. Out in the big black all alone they depend on her and she them. And woe to anyone who threatens to take that from her.

As for Greer he do what he do. He's practical, and focused. See threat, end threat. He may be a very likable fellow but you threaten the pack or the Alpha-Wolf he will rip out your threat. He's a good Beta that way.

Comment

Originally posted by dacooker View Post
            well that's just it, and it's whats got Brian Smith all pissed.
            whos brian smith
            Spoiler:
            The LA taking the Destiny with force, and taking control. That and Young is the spy.
            well, the "crew" will be the better for it
            then...fly it into the pegasus galaxy and continue the atlantis arc
            R.I.P Stargate 1994-2009

Comment

Originally posted by asdf1239 View Post
              whos brian smith

well, the "crew" will be the better for it
              then...fly it into the pegasus galaxy and continue the atlantis arc
              Atlantis had an arch?

Hehe.

Man I can't wait for next week. Awkward much?

This ship , this show, this crew, have my ''Undivided"" attention.

Comment

Soldiers have their ranking and hierarchy , but their hierarchical power should not be effective on civilians on a society of modern people...

Soldiers tend to rank all ppl including civilians , of course they put civilians on the lowest rank. (actually a rank between a private and a chimp). That's why humanity has chosen democracy and civilization has been evolving incredibly fast since the last 100 years.
                Nou ani Anquietas

Comment

Democracy is a falacy. Its just an ideal that those in power use to keep those who dont have power happy in their 'safe' little 'democratic' world.

The Industrial Revolution was spawned from a monarchy, not a democracy.

Comment

Originally posted by Tuvok View Post
                    Atlantis had an arch?
                    yep

would you like to start an sga vs sgu battle here?
                    R.I.P Stargate 1994-2009

Comment

Originally posted by Nemises View Post
                      The military came out as a bunch of savages with guns.
                      That is exactly what they were. Actually seeing the military in real life...and that's pretty much how they act. Not really impressive.

Comment

Originally posted by Coronach View Post
                        This isn't meant to be anti-military in any sense, but I found myself siding with the civilians almost entirely in this episode, and I found it very hard to relate to the way the military handled things, especially the way Young dismissed everyone at the end...telling them to go to their rooms. He sort of redeemed himself though in making a gesture to Wray that he would try and speak with her about this.
                        I agree. I was hoping that the civilians would just stay where they were instead of going to their rooms when Young ordered them to. Sort of as an act of non-violent protest against the military attitude.

Maybe Young was trying to show that he didn't think they needed to be guarded like prisoners (as Greer had suggested) but it sounded too dismissive. They're civilians, not children, and Young can't just dismiss them whenever he wants too. It sounds patronizing and is not a good way to foster trust and cooperation. Besides that... HELLO! Half of the crew just revolted and the other half forcibly overthrew them! Shouldn't someone address the issue instead of sending everyone to their rooms and pretending it never happened? If Young neglects to address these events, that would be a very bad leadership decision, IMO.

Originally posted by Tuvok View Post
                        As for James, since her last scene in Space I get the feeling she is on an emotional razor edge. The Military are her family now. Out in the big black all alone they depend on her and she them. And woe to anyone who threatens to take that from her.
                        Yeah, I think that's why I'm giving her a little bit of leeway (that and I didn't get a good look at what she did in the episode... will have to re-watch later). But Greer... well, I need to see some character development from him pretty soon to redeem him in my eyes. I liked him early on, but between his actions in Water and now in Divided, I haven't been impressed.
                        Chief of the GGP (Gateworld Grammar Police). Punctuation is your friend. Use it!

Great happy armies shall be gathered and trained to oppose all who embrace doubt. In the name of Hope, ships shall be built to carry our disciples out amongst the stars, and we will spread Optimism to all the doubters. The power of the Optimi will be felt far and wide, and the pessimists shall become positive-thinkers.
                        Hallowed are the Optimi.

Comment

Originally posted by haloplayer View Post
                          I expected more from an American soldier.
                          You don't watch NCIS do you? Soldiers can commit crimes too and do all sorts of questionable stuff. They are only human. And he's a Jarhead so no high expectations of high morals there.

Also that Female marine (forget her name) walks into the room and beats up a civilian, even though the civilian posed no threat to her or the military. He wasn't even attacking.

The civilians did have some good points there.
                          Good! Let those emotions out. It's way better than crying. Watch Zombie Land, you need to hit stuff every now and then to relief stress given that there ain't much alternatives. No gutter talk thanks...

Comment

Originally posted by Khentkawes View Post
                            I agree. I was hoping that the civilians would just stay where they were instead of going to their rooms when Young ordered them to. Sort of as an act of non-violent protest against the military attitude.
                            I was thinking exactly the same thing when I was watching it. I don't know if the writers meant it to show the civilians bowing to military rule, or that Young had effectively exercised his authority or what, but it felt wrong to me.
                            sigpic

Comment

Also that Female marine (forget her name) walks into the room and beats up a civilian, even though the civilian posed no threat to her or the military. He wasn't even attacking.
                              Nope. He wasn't attacking, but he did seem to continue to approach after they've been told to move back or drop to the ground. I mean, isn't what James did a similar procedure w/ police? (tho' a bit harsher...then again, she was 'covering' more people)
                              I'm not military/police, but I know that I wouldn't want anyone to approach me if I were carrying a weapon. (possible loss of weapon. also, there's that whole 'failure to stop' 'problem'. gotta assume that said 'civilian' may have a concealed weapon or can disable you at close range, etc.)

That said...I was kinda hoping (tho' I kinda knew before the episode ended that it was a vain hope) that Rush would 'win'.
                              I like the military in SGU, but I think I'm starting to dislike Young...
                              sigpic

Comment

You know what shocked me? That the Airman didn't just blow Wray's head off right then and there. End the whole thing. Damn *****. Yes, I'm a violent person and I think civilians should squirm under the military's mighty boot while on that damn ship, inr constant danger.

Comment

Working...
                                X