X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lahela View Post
    I didn't see any severed bodies
    I think I would have noticed severed bodies because there would have been a Ravenous joke in it later for me.

Originally posted by Xeno View Post
    Ah! Sorry EllieVee sometimes my memory slips on me when I'm writing something on first instinct.. Thanks for clearing it up nx01a.
    Eh, no probs.

Comment

A solid episode! Rush and Wray certainly played a bold move, and certainly a necessary one. This military/civilian dichotomy has to stop. For starters, Young should not be sole commander, or at least not without oversight. The next step is to put everything on the table instead of this "forget it ever happened" rubbish. Rush has to admit his attempt to frame Young, and Young has to confess to his actions with Rush on the alien planet. Effectively, this would terminate Young's command, so it's an unlikely event to occur. But the military contingent aboard Destiny need to be disciplined and pulled into line, instead of acting like a bunch of rogue cowboys in space.

Have to admit that whilst I dislike Chloe muchly, her decision to take a side and see it through gives me much greater respect for the character. Was also great to see a one-off character from SG-1 appear on SGU as the same character (Dr Brightman from "Lockdown").

All good, very good. Let's see this momentum keep going strong as they hammer out the final run of episodes this season.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Jper View Post
        I really don't want to be rude or offend you, but how can it be that if you don't get something, that is bad?
        Anyways, nx01a, here's how it goes:
        They (the blue smurf aliens) can only cut holes into Destiny when there's no shield protecting the hull. The could only abduct Chloe in Space after Lt. James cut the power to that section, and they could get past the shield and cut a hole. So while they can attach themselves on the hull, 'cause Destiny has never fired back before, but instead always raised its shields (automated defenses), they cannot enter the Destiny. It's only now that the humans occupy and control the Destiny that these defenses are under their control, and as Rush, explained they need to made the decisions, and not make the mistake of letting down the defenses. I don't see any holes in Rush his explanation or theory. On the contrary, he explained it better than I'm doing now.
        Isn't not understanding something a bad thing? If there's a part of an episode of any show that makes no sense to me from what I've seen in previous episodes or in that episode itself, then it's a bad thing.

I'll buy from your explanation that the pod in Air pt 3 was simply 'sitting' on the shield/hull and couldn't cut into the ship. For now. ...but how did the pod manage to stay intact and 'with' the ship when it went to FTL? We saw the pod's shield active as it flew away. That might have had something to do with it...
        sigpic
        More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

Originally posted by nx01a View Post
          Isn't not understanding something a bad thing? If there's a part of an episode of any show that makes no sense to me from what I've seen in previous episodes or in that episode itself, then it's a bad thing.

I'll buy from your explanation that the pod in Air pt 3 was simply 'sitting' on the shield/hull and couldn't cut into the ship. For now. ...but how did the pod manage to stay intact and 'with' the ship when it went to FTL? We saw the pod's shield active as it flew away. That might have had something to do with it...
          Dramatic tension
          Originally posted by aretood2
          Jelgate is right

Comment

^ I like you. That's related to 'suspension of disbelief', right?
            sigpic
            More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

Here's a thought... We know what the surgeon Chloe switched with was doing on Destiny, but what was Chloe doing in her body on Earth?
              Chloe probably had a talk with someone in power and told them her side's side of the story. Telford, anyone? *grumble*
              sigpic
              More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

Here's a thought... We know what the surgeon Chloe switched with was doing on Destiny, but what was Chloe doing in her body on Earth?
                Chloe probably had a talk with someone in power and told them her side's side of the story. Telford, anyone? *grumble*
                I don't think th writers cared about what is happening there so she might as well be playing solitaire
                Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                  I don't think th writers cared about what is happening there so she might as well be playing solitaire
                  Maybe she's reading
                  no means no, and so does pepper spray
                  Sig by The Carpenter
                  sigpic

Comment

I'm a bit more optimistic, Jel.
                    Reading to Telford, Girlbot?
                    sigpic
                    More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

I'm a bit more optimistic, Jel.
                      Reading to Telford, Girlbot?
                      bite your tongue
                      Sig by The Carpenter
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Girlbot View Post
                        bite your tongue
                        Well the only other option is Jack
                        Jelgate is right

Comment

Well the only other option is Jack
                          Jack has a more elevated reading level .
                          Sig by The Carpenter
                          sigpic

Comment

He can't understand half the things Sam says and you expect him to understand what she reads?

I still think Chloe used her limited time on Earth to let them know how evil, bad and BOOOOOO! Young is.
                            sigpic
                            More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

they could have at least shown Chloe walking into someone's office or getting in touch with someone, not necessarily going into the conversation, so that we had and idea if that were the case.
                              Sig by The Carpenter
                              sigpic

Comment

Dramatic tension
                                Dramatic tension: the stickiest type of glue.

Comment

Working...
                                X