This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Shrike View Post
    Sorry, thought it was a BSG reference, the ending still grates on me.
    You're not the only one. One giant Deus Ex Machina
    Originally posted by aretood2
    Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by major davis View Post
      Hahahaha. That's the funniest thing I've read here in weeks!!! Green!

Oh and how did the aliens get the name smurfs again??
      I'll tell you what, major, I'm never going to call them smurfs... They can have a cooler name, and they will!
      ~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

~ Burning people! He says what we're all thinking! ~

Comment

Small update:

PG15 writes: “Since Rush and Chloe managed to bring back one of those alien pods, will we see the crew examine/use it in the future?”

Answer: The crew will be getting around to the alien pod next episode.
        http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/...uction-update/

Comment

Sorry, thought it was a BSG reference, the ending still grates on me.
          LOL...the whole series grates on me.
          sigpic

Comment

Oh and how did the aliens get the name smurfs again??
            Because people are unoriginal & anything that is blue & moves in a Movie or TV Show gets the Smurf nick name. Just about all fandoms use it

Comment

I was just thinking about the possibility of an attemped coup, and can't help but think it would be a huge tactical mistake by the civilians. Instead of instigating a physical confrontation, why go on strike instead. Sure, the military could lock them up, but without those scientists co-operation, nobody is going home. In any conflict, it's all about the leverage you have, and how you use it.

Comment

But smurfs is a cool name.... No?
                sigpic

Comment

I was just thinking about the possibility of an attemped coup, and can't help but think it would be a huge tactical mistake by the civilians. Instead of instigating a physical confrontation, why go on strike instead. Sure, the military could lock them up, but without those scientists co-operation, nobody is going home. In any conflict, it's all about the leverage you have, and how you use it.
                  In thier mindset they see Young as "killing" Rush because he just does not like Rush. The civilians don't know about the crime Rush commitied. So in that context they fear Young will cause great harm if they don't what he wants. Obviously they are quite wrong but you know what happens if you jump without all the facts
                  But smurfs is a cool name.... No?
                  No
                  Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                    In thier mindset they see Young as "killing" Rush because he just does not like Rush. The civilians don't know about the crime Rush commitied. So in that context they fear Young will cause great harm if they don't what he wants. Obviously they are quite wrong but you know what happens if you jump without all the facts
                    I wonder if they'd care or would agree it was wrong for Rush to try to remove Young from command. Given the attitudes, I think some of them at least would agree with his action, Brody and Volker to name two.

Comment

Originally posted by EllieVee View Post
                      I wonder if they'd care or would agree it was wrong for Rush to try to remove Young from command. Given the attitudes, I think some of them at least would agree with his action, Brody and Volker to name two.
                      I'm more then certain to some it wouldn't matter. To some it doesn't change their stance on being Rush or Young supporter. But some of those fence sitters may be more inclined to support Young because of the crime Rush commited
                      Jelgate is right

Comment

I'm more then certain to some it wouldn't matter. To some it doesn't change their stance on being Rush or Young supporter. But some of those fence sitters may be more inclined to support Young because of the crime Rush commited
                        Or support Rush because of the crime Young committed.

Comment

People already suspect Young of murder. So its not really going to change much
                          Jelgate is right

Comment

Just cement it in their minds.

Comment

Well, I'm sure if "the civilians" would stop co-operating, there could be found ways to make them co-operate, like for example shooting one civilian. Your proposed way of approaching things has many disadvantages as well. Personally, I find the way of locking away "the military" in separate compartments of the ship one of the better ideas. In a way "the civilians", more specific "the scientists" use their knowledge to stage the coup.

Or the other way around.

I agree.

Well, like you say, they suspect it, but actually knowing it happened, and more than rumors, is another thing. Now Rush has not confirmed their suspicions, but instead he lied and collaborated Young's story.
                              A black hole swallowed this sig pic.

Comment

In the one minute clip of this episode just released, eli is locked out from engaging docking clamps on shuttle with scott and young. Its gotta be rush? Dont you think.

Comment

Working...
                                X