This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard View Post
    well the other thread is still closed for the general discussion so where the heck are people suppose to talk about the episode who get it 3 hours early or the people on the east coast?
    you start a live discussion thread.

the episode thread isn't opened early because when we used to that the first 2-3 pages were filled with countdowns and chit chat that we'd delete and then people would be all mad at us.
    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by JackO'Neill View Post
      So then maybe before the episode airs make the episode folder & do a spoiler & non spoiler thread or something like that & if anyone comes in the spoiler thread & whines put them in their place
      you guys can do it. when the show starts, someone makes the live discussion thread and you can chit chat to your hearts content. The only thing we ask, once the show is over, take the main discussion to the main thread because we don't need two parallel discussion threads going on.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
        you guys can do it. when the show starts, someone makes the live discussion thread and you can chit chat to your hearts content. The only thing we ask, once the show is over, take the main discussion to the main thread because we don't need two parallel discussion threads going on.
        Then what is the point of opening the other thread just to lose the first one ? That takes away the point. I say just let people use spoiler tags in one thread & if anyone whines after not being forced to look then put the whiners in their place

Comment

Originally posted by JackO'Neill View Post
          Then what is the point of opening the other thread just to lose the first one ? That takes away the point. I say just let people use spoiler tags in one thread & if anyone whines after not being forced to look then put the whiners in their place
          Or we could just open up the "Divided" subforum the minute the episode starts.
          Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
          Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

jack, i know where you're coming from. but you're not the one that has to spend 2-4 hours of your friday night tagging all the spoilers that you guys don't bother to tag.

If y'all keep the spoilers out of the pre-airing thread and open a live discussion where you don't have to tag, it all works itself out

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
              jack, i know where you're coming from. but you're not the one that has to spend 2-4 hours of your friday night tagging all the spoilers that you guys don't bother to tag.

If y'all keep the spoilers out of the pre-airing thread and open a live discussion where you don't have to tag, it all works itself out
              Thats part of being a forum mod. Either have two discussion threads or allow spoiler tags. But then we lose the live thread. This is not fair to the East Coast viewers. Do you want the East Coast viewers whining every Friday Night about the threads being closed ? Okay have fun with that. People here need to learn self control & not read the spoiler tags no one is forcing them to

Comment

i'm not saying that you'll lose it Jack.

when the show starts on the east coast, someone makes a live discussion thread, once the show is over, please take your discussion to the official thread and leave the live discussion there for the west coast folks to play in.

The only thing folks might 'lose' is if they refuse to leave the live discussion to go to the official thread, we may close the live discussion thread once it's over. ANd we can always re-open it if the brits want to play. Or they can make their own.

Please PM me and we can discuss it some more.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                X