No announcement yet.

Songs on SGU - Good or Bad?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Since my tastes tend toward fusion jazz and progressive rock, 'like' or 'dislike' are probably not appropriate terms for the music, especially the ending. However I will say that I think it was....fitting
    If you're wondering how he eats & breathes, and other science facts...(la! la! la!)
    Then repeat to yourself its just a show, I should really just relax.

I own "Future War"..I can put up with a lot

sigpic - Black Belt Test 10/24/2009 -

Comment

Originally posted by Lightning Ducj View Post
      Since my tastes tend toward fusion jazz and progressive rock, 'like' or 'dislike' are probably not appropriate terms for the music, especially the ending. However I will say that I think it was....fitting
      Open mindness, so great to see. I mean, I'm a metal, prog rock and fusion jazz fan myself and I really do not think much of folk music, but this song, in this context, was perfect. Alone? Not that good tho...

Comment

"no air" would have been a more appropriate song in the end. lol

Comment

Originally posted by s09119 View Post
          At the end of "Air, Part 3," Joel Goldsmith's soundtrack switched to a contemporary song, one which certainly meshed well with the theme of needing air to survive. I have mixed feelings on this departure from the Stargate norm, but what do you think; should the show start using modern songs that would be played on the radio?
          I don't see it sir.
          It would seem more in place than say on a Star Trek series that is a completely different period of time. Stargate is still our time.

Comment

Originally posted by neiljward View Post
            Teen angst come on the song by Alexi Murdoch is brilliant and fits perfect into the overall theme of the episode.
            Hah hah hah, awesome. "Oh come on, it totally fits!" Good argument there guido!
            Dimmed light illuminates wearily a thousand skyscrapers of concrete, glass, shattered imaginations and severed dreams. Urban structures of brick and steel extend tendrils of decay and neglect into an aging embrace of irreverence, moving forward into synthetic joy.

Comment

Originally posted by David Webb View Post
              "no air" would have been a more appropriate song in the end. lol
              Ah but they all got air....or is it...HAIR! lol

I crack me up.

Comment

My only gripe was the timing. It seemed a victim of the need to trim it down to the allotted time frame, and when I saw it, it wasn't by that much, it was only slightly jarring; maybe frame shaving was done? Oh well, nature of episodic television.

Comment

Originally posted by s09119 View Post
                  At the end of "Air, Part 3," Joel Goldsmith's soundtrack switched to a contemporary song, one which certainly meshed well with the theme of needing air to survive. I have mixed feelings on this departure from the Stargate norm, but what do you think; should the show start using modern songs that would be played on the radio?
                  Yeah I think this is part of the "younger" kind of approach they're going for. The integration of this type of music is in tone with other series that are running at the same type of audience.

I don't think they're looking at "teens" but certainly < 35's!

Either case, I don't mind it...

Neera: "You do not fear them?"
                  : "The Wraith? Naah. Now *clowns* — that's another story."

Comment

What the hell was that crappy song at the end all about? Come on i know SGU is more drama based but its Not One tree Hill or The O.C.

Just to Add the song wasnt crap (bit depressing) but it shudnt have been there also im a fan of both OTH and O.C.

Plz no more of this teen drama crap, if i want it ill watch OTH.

Its Sci-fi after all.
                    sigpic
                    First time using GIMP2 can't say its not a bad job
                    MGM, Sci-Fi Channel and the Creators are

I'll only watch SGU coz theres nowt to do on tuesday nites.

Comment

First of all for it to be a teen drama it has to have teen characters. The youngest characters are in their mid 20s. Second by the very nature of the science fiction defintion SGU is sci-fi. And finally different genres of story telling do overlap
                      Originally posted by aretood2
                      Jelgate is right

Comment

yeah but in most teen dramas after a sad event they play depressing music which in my opinion shudnt be used in the SG franchise, drama or not and i didnt call SGU a teen drama, i just dnt like the way they used teen drama technique in the end. also i note that it is Sci-fi.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmylad89 View Post
                          What the hell was that crappy song at the end all about? Come on i know SGU is more drama based but its Not One tree Hill or The O.C.

Just to Add the song wasnt crap (bit depressing) but it shudnt have been there also im a fan of both OTH and O.C.

Its Sci-fi after all.
                          This is teen drama? really? Have you seen teen drama?
                          Watch NCIS, you can tell I am a big fan of it.
                          Firefly, SGU's model
                          The Closer, great detective show
                          Scrubs, Silly comedy plus drama
                          Tyler Perry's house of Payne, Great sitcom

I actually felt that the song was uplifting, I mean it was a happy ending.
                          By Nolamom
                          sigpic

Comment

Warehouse 13 used a couple of songs at the end of episodes extremely well.
                            I'm not an actor. I just play one on TV.

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmylad89 View Post

Its Sci-fi after all.
                              I know what you mean...the music gave it the final shove into "teen soap land" for me!

Comment

Originally posted by aretood2 View Post
                                This is teen drama? really? Have you seen teen drama?
                                Watch NCIS, you can tell I am a big fan of it.
                                Firefly, SGU's model
                                The Closer, great detective show
                                Scrubs, Silly comedy plus drama
                                Tyler Perry's house of Payne, Great sitcom

I actually felt that the song was uplifting, I mean it was a happy ending.
                                I never sed it was a teen drama and yes i watch teen dramas
                                NCIS is just about to start or start a new season in the UK so i havent watch it
                                Firefly, i own it on dvd and love it and wish there was more seasons
                                the closer, never heard of it
                                Scrubs, ****e (im a massive comedy fan but this comedy was about as funny as a car crash)
                                And the last one never heard of it again

And i enjoyed the song but thought it shudnt be there it reminds me of a sad ending from OTH or O.C.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X