Originally posted by g.o.d View Post
    music in the third part was even better than that one in the second part
    Thats derentis.

Comment

I loved it, i think it was very well done

the creators have really gone all out on universe

fairplay to them

Comment

I feel that opening & closing songs are somehow suitable with this type of SGU even though they're actually boring.

Comment

I didn't reall feel it fit at first - my feelings were 'meeh, whatever, I'll ignore it' - but halfway through I warmed up to it and decided I like it there.
          "Most people who are watching TV are semi-catatonic. They're not fully alive." - U.S. District Court Judge Timothy Batten Sr.
          Ronald Greer is also a medic. Your argument is invalid.
          Originally posted by J-Whitt Remastered
          Secondly, I think that everything DigiFluid is good.
          Sandcastle Builder: The game of XKCD: Time

Comment

Originally posted by Detox View Post
            But songs like that can really make a scene shine if it's picked right. House is a perfect example of where contemporary music is used to amazing results.

Scrubs is another fine example of it.
            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GoCzJmPuo1I
            That is still one my favorite Scrubs endings, together with Ben's death in season 3.

I had no problem with the way they used this song in this episode. I thought it fit perfectly.

I need to go download this song from somewhere, because I can't get it out of my head.
            sigpic

Comment

I liked it and thought it worked well.

Comment

Me likey.

And I also agree with House as a good example of using music like this - and it's funny because House has actually used this guy's music on more than one occasion.

I found it very fitting and not at all obtrusive. In fact, the last 5 or so minutes were my favorite part of the episode, in large part thanks to the music(Scott and Greer rushing towards the gate as the clock was winding down, then "Breathe").

Comment

I agree that the song choice was a fitting for the situation, but i dont think that i worked completely. If it was just over the montage, it would have been perfectly fine. But over the sence with Scott/Chloe, for me personally it took away from that scene, not necessarily because the song was still playing, but the fact that it hadnt been toned back enough over the dialogue.

Comment

Originally posted by s09119 View Post
                    I was loving the new theme Joel had going, and while I didn't dislike the song and thought it fit in nicely, the age-old Stargate fan in me wants to be angry with the producers for changing the music to something every teen show does today; close with a contemporary song that fits the mood.
                    I don't want that "oooooo listen to the relevant cool unknown song at the end of the show, doesn't it just add to the angst of it all" for me that just isn't what I want in a SciFi series. I tried to ignore it, but if they start doing that a lot it will make me change the channel.

Last thing we need is for SGU to turn into one of those shallow teen dramas that are all about sex and the latest non-hit so called song.
                    General Jack O'Neill, still HOTTer than ever!

Comment

Originally posted by amconway View Post
                      i really disliked that. It actually took me out of the action, which, to be fair, wasn't hard, i didn't feel very involved, while i notived how bad that was. Bad and loud. It was obtrusive and very, very unsubtle.
                      ita

Comment

Originally posted by Detox View Post
                        But songs like that can really make a scene shine if it's picked right. House is a perfect example of where contemporary music is used to amazing results.

Scrubs is another fine example of it.
                        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GoCzJmPuo1I
                        House is not a SciFi show. I love House, but I also don't want to see aliens showing up in House,, like I don't want the House type angsty songs show up in Stargate.

Comment

The song fit very well, the lyrics were pretty perfect given the situation. The odd scene with this kind of music is fine for me.

SGU is about as close as you can come to a reboot, without actually rebooting the franchise. There are going to be a lot of elements which are different to what came before.

Comment

I didn't like it. I rather have instrumental music. I mean, the SG-1 instrumental music could really get you pumped up in a scene and it added to the military or/and importance feel.
                            Time is a companion that goes with us on a journey. It reminds us to cherish each moment, because it will never come again. What we leave behind is not as important as how we have lived.

Comment

While I certainly wasn't expecting it, I don't mind them using songs like this, but pick some better songs. Yeah the lyrics fit with the situation, but I didn't like the singing, etc.

Like someone up thread mentioned, Smallville did this from day one, and they did it fairly effectively, imo. I don't see this being an every episode deal though on SGU.
                              IMO always implied.

Comment

I don't disagree with the use of the contemp. music in principle; if used right, I think it could be an interesting new addition to the series.

But the song they chose for Air Pt 3 was way too unsubtle and obvious, really pulled me out of the moment.
                                "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Working...
                                X