Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good stuff...I must say that I was pleasantly surprised.....if the creative team can keep to the standard they've set for themselves I'll be tuning in come friday night....though if they even mention the Replicators.....
    sigpic
    Eagles may soar free and proud, but weasels never get sucked into jet engines.
    "We're not going to Guam are we?"

Comment

I can't say I cared for that at all. I am so disappointed.

Firstly, the editing was terrible. The backity-forthity was just too much! And then, there were WAY too many commercials in the second half. I timed 6 minutes of show at one point, flanked by 3 minutes of commercials. That was a very poor choice and made it hard to really get into.

Next, I find it very hard to believe that this many dysfunctional people would be working on the most important project since the Stargate was found. Heck, I can't believe those people would be in the Stargate program AT ALL! That brings me to the sex scene. In and of itself, it was whatever, but I do not believe for once second that marines have sex in store rooms while on duty.

The sad thing is, I can't say I like any of these people. In the past, our main characters have been whole people with some background problems that make them interesting and sympathetic, (ie dead son, Goa'uld-ed wife etc) but these characters seem to BE their problems.

Basically, whereas the Atlantis Expedition marooned the best and the brightest, the Icarus Mission seems to have marooned the insane and unstable.

I'm so sad. I'll keep watching, though, for a few more weeks anyway.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by FoolishPleasure View Post
        Chloe - I thought SGA's Dr. Keller was the worst whiny-butt crybaby I'd ever seen on TV, but this gal tops her. Some may like her, but she was obviously hired to cry and mope and look all pouty like Summer Glau (who I happen to like).
        So she shouldn't have been devastated because her father just died by asphyxiation right in front of her eyes after sacrificing himself? Effectively committing suicide by closing the doors just as she ran up to them?

She should have laughed maybe?

Col. Everett - Absolutely detestable. Couldn't stand any scene he was in, not one, and I was SO hoping he would die from his injuries. Leaving the inexperienced Scott in charge would have been more fun. I really can't take his negativity and robotic acting for very long. Kill him off, soon!
        I'd be negative too if some scientist stranded me and 80 other people on some derelict ship in the middle of Nowhere, Universe-ville. I'd also be a little wooden if I had serious head trauma and partial paralysis.

The Others? Didn't see much. The Asian gal was a witch, some of the others, well, they really weren't defined at all.
        I'll agree with you here. Wray really needed more to do.

I'll give it another week or two, but the characters need to lighten up, quit bellyaching, and start working together to survive.
        I imagine that's probably a little hard to do given their situation.
        sigpic

Comment

First Impressions of Stargate Voyager...

Meh....

Can I have my Atlantis back now?

Why was Lou Diamond Phillips even on the show?

Ship battle SFX were top notch.

Plot holy to say the least, dead-man switch for that door....could not find or make a long pole? The Asgard-juiced Prometheus-spec'd ship couldn't take out three regular Gou'ald motherships?

Can I have my Atlantis back now?

Let's make sure history never forgets the name....Enterprise

Comment

Originally posted by Captain Obvious
            <Snipped by Moderator>
            They are going to have to do some flashbacks in this first season to set up the many characters, so get very used to it.
            <Snipped by Moderator> granted that they will have flashbacks i just hope they aren't nearly as frequent. what alos confused me kind of was the sex scene in the beginning i thought the writers were totally against that stuff..
            Last edited by Bagpuss; 03 October 2009, 01:57 AM.
            sigpic

Comment

Besides the Hammond being unfinished and not being able to handle three Ha'tak's i loved it. Wish that was explained.

Comment

I'm not a BSG fan, but that's kind of what SGU reminded me of. I'll reserve judgment for another episode or two, but from the previews, it seemed to me that it might be more drama and romantic affairs than actual sci-fi Stargate action.

Can I have Atlantis back?
                STOP KILLING WEIR!!!
                Seriously, she's died HOW many times now?!

Comment

i would say the show was properly satiating. I gave it an all around 8. The last half hour gets a 9.5.
                  A serpent guard, a Horus guard and a Setesh guard meet on a neutral planet. It is a tense moment. The serpent guard's eyes glow. The Horus guard's beak glistens. The Setesh guard 's nose drips.

Comment

I thought it was great.

After the initial scene of everybody stumbling out of the gate, the shakey cam didn't really bother me. That was the only scene I actually noticed it.

I liked all of the characters except the senator. I didn't really like him until the last few scenes he was in.

I get what all the reviews/articles were saying about Rush and Eli standing out the most to them, but to me it was Scott and Greer.

Another thing I liked was the way so many extras seemed to be more involved than usual Stargate episodes.
                    || Star Stream || Destiny Song || The Four Suns (My Band) || The Art of War <<== listen please!

Comment

That could have been done in one episode.

"I have darkness inside of me!" - SpongeBob Squarepants

Comment

Originally posted by Wraith~Girl View Post
                        I'm not a BSG fan, but that's kind of what SGU reminded me of. I'll reserve judgment for another episode or two, but from the previews, it seemed to me that it might be more drama and romantic affairs than actual sci-fi Stargate action.

Can I have Atlantis back?
                        That is exactly my impression. If there is going to be no cool aliens or uber-powered bad guys, there is one less series I have to keep track of this television season.

Comment

Originally posted by FoolishPleasure View Post
                          I'll give it another week or two, but the characters need to lighten up, quit bellyaching, and start working together to survive.
                          I kind of agree with what Pandora said, you can't really expect the characters to just say "Oh, we're on a dying ship, let's suck it up!" Imagine how you would feel if you were in their position. You might say you wouldn't act as they did, but you never really know until it actually happens.

Comment

Originally posted by Pandora's_Box View Post
                            So she shouldn't have been devastated because her father just died by asphyxiation right in front of her eyes after sacrificing himself? Effectively committing suicide by closing the doors just as she ran up to them?
                            She was a snarky little monster way back at the dinner table, when she was flirting with Eli, then she falls into the cute Marine's arms, "OMG, my poor daddy!" Ugh., it was awful.

I'd be negative too if some scientist stranded me and 80 other people on some derelict ship in the middle of Nowhere, Universe-ville. I'd also be a little wooden if I had serious head trauma and partial paralysis.
                            My feelings for Everett went back to the Icarus station. He was cold and closed-minded then. I thought he would be the token death, ala, Sumner, but alas, he is still alive.

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

Originally posted by Shan Bruce Lee View Post
                              I get what all the reviews/articles were saying about Rush and Eli standing out the most to them, but to me it was Scott and Greer.
                              I totally agree. Most of the reviews I read really emphasized Rush and Eli. I do not disagree with this, but I'm amazed at the lack of coverage of Scott and Chloe in this 2-part premiere.

They both impressed me immensely, and I was incredibly thrilled to see how great of an actress Elyse was. That was a powerful scene she had in part 2, and she pulled it off amazingly.
                              Sig by Pandora's Box
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Shan Bruce Lee View Post
                                Scott was interesting and I'm going to credit a lot of this Brian J. Smith. He seemed very sure of himself, his actions, his order, a lot of the time, but there were moments when you could see on his face that he could potentially lose it.

He is clearly not accustomed to that much responsibility, but so far he looks capable. I'm curious to see what happens when it all becomes too much for him.

I like that he's not the perfect leader yet. He doesn't always say the right thing or know exactly how to get everyone's attention, but he is trying.

Another thing I liked was the way so many extras seemed to be more involved than usual Stargate episodes.
                                Agreed. I like that there are more people involved in this.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X