TJ(Tamara Johansen)/Everett Young ship/appreciation thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SG7 View Post
    I had this with me and also this and had set them down on a table so I could get my photo and she said that they were really cool props!
    You can do miracles with duct tape!

Lets just say that when I left the con I was in my happy place!
    That's great news, I'm glad you had such a great time.

So, was there anything specific talked about in the con? About S2, her character, etc?
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Egle01 View Post
      You can do miracles with duct tape!

That's great news, I'm glad you had such a great time.

So, was there anything specific talked about in the con? About S2, her character, etc?
      Yup! I can do some stuff with Duct Tape! I think she got a real kick out of the stuff that I had with me. I had originally made the Stargate for a FanParty that I went to @ GateCon last week. And afterwards I decided to keep it and get it autographed by some of the cast. It now hangs on my wall above my TV! And will come down when ever I have an SG con to go to where I can get autographs on it that I don't already have. Would have gotten Alaina's on it but only had enough for the photo op ($40) and 1 autographed photo ($30). And it would have been another $30 to get the gate autographed. Oh well there is always next time.

She really didn't elaborate much on S2 for obvious reasons. However:

Spoiler:
      she did say that some things get resolved in S2. And that new characters are introduced onto the ship. Again she didn't elaborate. She also said that the shift had changed from S1 where there was a lot of "us VS them" stuff between Civillians & Military to end of S1 beginning of S2 where the focus shifts to having to deal with the Lucian Alliance.

She talked about her hair as apparently everyone always asks how her hair is done. And said that she suggested to her hair people that they should do a video of how it's done because it gets asked so often. She also talked about her shooting schedule and what it is like as someone asked her that. She asked if anyone was from Waterloo to which I screamed in agreement as I only live about five minutes drive from there. And she explained that she spent four years growing up there. And when I was talking to her at her autograph session she elaborated more on that and that her dad went to the same university as my dad.

Someone asked her what it was like shooting while pregnant. She replied that her shooting schedule was very good for her. That shooting may go till seven in the evening. However she may only be blocked to shoot two scenes one day, more the next or may not need to be in for shooting for a few days. She also explained her story of breaking it to the PTB that she was pregnant. And that originally they were going to have someone else pregnant, but when she told them that she was pregnant they went with it because of the fact that her and Young had the affair. And it worked out well for everyone anyway.

She started off talking a bit about her self and how she started off doing a pilot episode as a kid for a show that never went anywhere. And then got into modelling. And later went back to acting as she felt that it was she really wanted to do. She talked about some of her roles like being on Painkiller Jane, Smallville and SGU. And I think some movies too.

Brain farting on everything else ATM! Here is one (of way too many) pictures that I thought I'd share!

Spoiler:
      Last edited by SG7; 20 July 2010, 10:25 PM.
      My Life Motto: There are no wrong roads in life just paths that lead to unexpected Adventures.
      "Ago simplex sic alius may simplex ago" - Live simply, so other's may simply live - Ghandi

Comment

Thanks for sharing with the rest of us, SG7.
        sigpic

Comment

Thanks for sharing with the rest of us, SG7.
          I can still hardly believe that it happened! So far out of the SGU cast I have met David and Alaina. Wouldn't mind meeting some of the other ones as well but Alaina was the only one that I actually really wanted to meet as we chat with each other on twitter quite a bit. However not much lately though.
          My Life Motto: There are no wrong roads in life just paths that lead to unexpected Adventures.
          "Ago simplex sic alius may simplex ago" - Live simply, so other's may simply live - Ghandi

Comment

@SG7
            Duct tape rules! Red Green has nothing on you
            Glad to hear you had such a great time, woohoo!
            sigpic

SGU-RELATED FANART | IN YOUNG WE TRUST | FANDUMB

Comment

Originally posted by xxxevilgrinxxx View Post
              @SG7
              Duct tape rules! Red Green has nothing on you
              Glad to hear you had such a great time, woohoo!
              Oh yeh. It was the best. She is the most amazing person! I am usually VERY shy and will just get my photo op and or autograph and not say a lot. But she was extremely sweet and easy to talk to! And once she knew who I was from chatting on twitter it was all smooth sailing from there. And the fact that I got to spend close to ten minutes with her is even more amazing! Apparently most people had gotten their autographs and photo ops on the Saturday so it wasn't nearly as busy for getting photos and autos. I opted not to go to those right away as I don't like waiting in lines if I can avoid it. So I waited about 20 minutes before going to each. And there was literally no one waiting for her. And as I was chatting with her I was half expecting the vollunteers or helpers to say something to me after a minute or so, but they didn't! During the autograph, I probably could have chatted longer than I did (which was at least five minutes or more) had I not drawn a blank on things to talk about. As I said, I am very shy so it is easy for me to draw a blank on conversation! I have learned one thing. Having interesting "props" as she called them, makes great conversation starters!

And speaking of Red Green. I love that show. And actually my dad played in a band when he was younger with Steve Smith (Red). Though the band was only together for about a year. My dad said that Steve was the brains in the band and always figured that he'd go somewhere in life! If you like the show, you can also see the movie "Duct Tape Forever".

Comment

I love Duct Tape Forever
                sigpic

SGU-RELATED FANART | IN YOUNG WE TRUST | FANDUMB

Comment

Happened to finally read a TJ/Young fic that in a way deals with what happened in "Incursion" 2. It's angsty and guttery, exactly what a shipper like me likes to read. It's rated NC-17 and features adult content, so can't post the link directly. Just click here and look for 'For All the Wrong Reasons'. As the author said, it's not a happy story.
                  Great! Thanks for the link to that! You should find that you've been greened for that, Egle!

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,
                  K-9, CLASS and much more...

Comment

Really cool SG7, glad that went down so well for you!
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Alan View Post
                      Great! Thanks for the link to that! You should find that you've been greened for that, Egle!
                      Indeed I did. Thanks, mate.

So, just a few days(?) before the new SGU S2 trailer gets released. I'm super-excited, and can't wait to see it. Having said that, I'm a bit scared what might be revealed about TJ/Young/baby. How about you, guys?
                      sigpic

Comment

Indeed I did. Thanks, mate.
                        Your welcome.

So, just a few days(?) before the new SGU S2 trailer gets released. I'm super-excited, and can't wait to see it. Having said that, I'm a bit scared what might be revealed about TJ/Young/baby. How about you, guys?
                        Excited to see the trailer ...incredibly nervous about TJ/Young/Baby.

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,

Comment

Originally posted by Alan View Post
                          Excited to see the trailer ...incredibly nervous about TJ/Young/Baby.
                          So I'm not alone, eh?

Only a little more waiting. And then two more months of waiting to see what's really going to happen.
                          sigpic

Comment

So I'm not alone, eh?

Only a little more waiting. And then two more months of waiting to see what's really going to happen.
                            Your definitely not alone in this. I used to visit the MGM site...I stopped once I saw they had a countdown for the start of S2. Last I saw it , the time was something like 5 million weeks (I might be exaggerating a bit there) until the start.
                            Last edited by Alan; 22 July 2010, 05:52 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Spimman View Post
                              Really cool SG7, glad that went down so well for you!
                              Yeh 100x better than I thought it would! Especially given I only found out that she was there on Friday when she had tweeted that she'd be there. And I was still in Vancouver and didn't get home till almost 1am Sunday morning and the last day of the con was later that morning.

Oh and during her panel, someone had asked how her hair was done for the show. She explained that she gets asked that a lot and that she told her stylist that they should do a video of it because it gets asked so often. She said that she only has to spend about 20 minutes in the trailer for hair and makeup. And that David Blue has to spend way longer than her in the hair and makeup trailer because apparently his hair is naturally curly and they have to straighten it out or something like that.
                              Last edited by SG7; 22 July 2010, 07:13 AM.

Comment

So I'm not alone, eh?

Yeh, I'm kinda nervous to see what happens in the first couple of episodes too in the TJ/Young/Baby department. I have my theories, but I will wait and see if any of them pan out.

Comment

Working...
                                X