MSgt. Ronald Greer Discussion/Jamil Walker/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Greer promo images from Stargate.MGM.com for SGU 1.13 Faith:
    All clickable thumbnails. Please don't hotlink.

Spoiler:

A black hole swallowed this sig pic.

Comment

Originally posted by Jper View Post

Spoiler:

Thanks Jper!! Hmmmmmm In light of what happened in Divided...this looks to be a very interesting ep.
      Originally posted by jelgate
      This brings much pain but SQ is right

Comment

Spoiler:

Much thanks! Me likey the second one.

Comment

Greer was just awesome in the ep *swoon* But ......
          Spoiler:
          what do you guys think he did to the civilians that were "unconscious" he said they are fine and he went easy on them.....but he is taking heat on the main boards about this *sigh*

Comment

Originally posted by squirrely1 View Post
            Spoiler:
            what do you guys think he did to the civilians that were "unconscious" he said they are fine and he went easy on them.....but he is taking heat on the main boards about this *sigh*
            Which is stupid, I think.

It's pretty obvious he used the Vulcan Nerve Pinch on them.

No, scratch that. My sources inform me the civilians fainted upon sight of Greer.

Comment

Spoiler:
              Spoiler:

My guess is he just clocked him with the butt of his rifle, but did it softly enough so that he knocked them out without cracking their skulls.

I am a bit mystified by the flack Greer and the other soldiers are getting. I think TJ had it right, they declared war by hijacking the ship by force and were threatening to kill the soldiers by withholding water. If their plan had worked perfectly, the civilians would have also been able to threaten to kill them by cutting off their air. IMO, the soldiers acted in self-defense as much as anything.

Originally posted by Oranos View Post

No, scratch that. My sources inform me the civilians fainted upon sight of Greer.
              LOL! That's what I'd probably do.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by EvenstarSRV View Post
                Spoiler:

My guess is he just clocked him with the butt of his rifle, but did it softly enough so that he knocked them out without cracking their skulls.

I am a bit mystified by the flack Greer and the other soldiers are getting. I think TJ had it right, they declared war by hijacking the ship by force and were threatening to kill the soldiers by withholding water. If their plan had worked perfectly, the civilians would have also been able to threaten to kill them by cutting off their air. IMO, the soldiers acted in self-defense as much as anything.

True...maybe he just threw in a gas type grenade..... IDK...but I'm with you it does seem that he is taking alot of heat as is the military...
                Spoiler:
                and I do see both sides here... I do see that in their long term situation they need to give the people a voice of some sort....but not do away with the Military command because they are clearly at war with the aliens....but they need to come up with something that makes the people feel as tho they have some rights and not feel as prisoners. IMO.

Comment

This would be a solid tactical decision in real life. Two (or whatever it was) versus an army of Greer is hardly fair.

Comment

You're welcome. Thanks for the green. That comes in handy!! I appreciate it.

Originally posted by Oranos View Post

I'd green you for that. The Vulcan Nerve Pinch. Nerd moment! But I'm out of green for the moment.

However, I was thinking more along side the Star Wars scene in episode I, The Phantom Menace, where Qui-Gon Jinn "relaxes" Jar Jar Binks.

Comment

Spoiler:
                      I think it is interesting Greer gets flack for knocking a couple of people and TJ gets flack for telling the marine to hand over the gun.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Iffy View Post
                        Spoiler:
                        I think it is interesting Greer gets flack for knocking a couple of people and TJ gets flack for telling the marine to hand over the gun.
                        Yeah, but I don't understand either (why they are getting flack, not what happened, that makes perfect sense to me). Maybe it's just me. I'm starting to worry I'm becoming the odd one out.

Comment

Yeah, but I don't understand either (why they are getting flack, not what happened, that makes perfect sense to me). Maybe it's just me. I'm starting to worry I'm becoming the odd one out.
                          Spoiler:
                          I know it is weird imo that they think what the civvies did is okay and the military used excessive force, no one died, no one was shot. Of course I started liking Greer when he knocked out the scientist.

If all went as planned the civvies would have had control of all vital systems, they staged a rebellion and Young is smart enough not to punish anyone so far.
                          sigpic

Comment

True...maybe he just threw in a gas type grenade..... IDK...but I'm with you it does seem that he is taking alot of heat as is the military...
                            Spoiler:
                            and I do see both sides here... I do see that in their long term situation they need to give the people a voice of some sort....but not do away with the Military command because they are clearly at war with the aliens....but they need to come up with something that makes the people feel as tho they have some rights and not feel as prisoners. IMO.
                            Spoiler:

I agree, they need to work out a compromised system that allows everyone to be and feel represented and heard. But IMO, the civilians shot their entire argument in the foot by taking the ship by force and threatening to kill those on the other side of the line. Young has ceded authority to the civilians before and he seems contrite about what he did to Rush, so it seems to me that he'd listen to reason regarding civilian complaints. The rush to mutiny by all the civilians except Eli just seemed extreme to me. ::shrugs::

Spoiler:
                            She's seriously getting flack for that? Sigh...

sigpic

Comment

Spoiler:

I agree, they need to work out a compromised system that allows everyone to be and feel represented and heard. But IMO, the civilians shot their entire argument in the foot by taking the ship by force and threatening to kill those on the other side of the line. Young has ceded authority to the civilians before and he seems contrite about what he did to Rush, so it seems to me that he'd listen to reason regarding civilian complaints. The rush to mutiny by all the civilians except Eli just seemed extreme to me. ::shrugs::
                              They need to find a way to play nice together, you don't get there by going to extremes.

Spoiler:
                              Although the strain put on Chloe and Scott's relationship by the coup brings us one step closer to Scott getting any alien girlfriend.

She's seriously getting flack for that? Sigh...
                              there is a whole thread on it.
                              sigpic

Comment

there is a whole thread on it.
                                More than one... This is GateWorld afterall.

Now how about some more Greer appreciation...

Comment

Working...
                                X