MSgt. Ronald Greer Discussion/Jamil Walker/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey everyone *waves*

Having watched the last 11 episodes of SGU Greer has easily become my favorite character on the show, which I didn't expect at all when I first read about the character. I think out of everyone on the ship, except perhaps Rush, he just seems to 'get' their situation the most and has his priorities in order. I thought he was amazing in Time and the sweet potato scene from Justice was hilarious while still underlying the desperation of their situation.

So yay Greer, and yay JW for doing such a great job portraying him.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by EvenstarSRV View Post
      Hey everyone *waves*
      *Waves back*

Having watched the last 11 episodes of SGU Greer has easily become my favorite character on the show, which I didn't expect at all when I first read about the character.
      I think that I too was a little hesitant about Greer from just the short character description that was provided early on. Actually, based on those, Scott seemed like he interested me the most. So the two of them pretty much ended up on the opposite side of the spectrum. Greer's been my favorite since the first episode. And while Scott isn't my least favorite, he's much further down the spectrum (somewhere very near the bottom). I suppose that teaches us an important lesson. Don't trust the character releases, watch the show!

I think out of everyone on the ship, except perhaps Rush, he just seems to 'get' their situation the most and has his priorities in order.
      Yup. Greer has his act together, which is more than I can say for the rest of the crew. You're on the damn ship, you know you can't do anything about it, and complaining isn't going to improve your situation any. Greer gets that. Considering his rank, experience and background that shouldn't really come as a surprise.

I thought he was amazing in Time and the sweet potato scene from Justice was hilarious while still underlying the desperation of their situation.
      Two of my favorite Greer moments. I just love how he stands up to insurmountable odds. And I love how he gets the others to try the "sweet potato."

So yay Greer, and yay JW for doing such a great job portraying him.
      I've said it before, but I'll second it now, too!

Comment

Originally posted by Oranos View Post
        I think that I too was a little hesitant about Greer from just the short character description that was provided early on. Actually, based on those, Scott seemed like he interested me the most. So the two of them pretty much ended up on the opposite side of the spectrum. Greer's been my favorite since the first episode. And while Scott isn't my least favorite, he's much further down the spectrum (somewhere very near the bottom). I suppose that teaches us an important lesson. Don't trust the character releases, watch the show!
        Heh, very true. I was most interested in TJ and Young going into the show. Young has disappointed me on various levels, but TJ has been pretty cool so far, though I'm concerned about future developments re her and Young. Sigh, I just wish they'd given the female characters at least a season to establish themselves before they started in on the romance stuff, but that's a topic for another thread.

Yup. Greer has his act together, which is more than I can say for the rest of the crew. You're on the damn ship, you know you can't do anything about it, and complaining isn't going to improve your situation any. Greer gets that. Considering his rank, experience and background that shouldn't really come as a surprise.
        I do really really like that they're showing this NCO holding his own and often doing better than the officers, showing that the NCOs and enlisted personnel are truly the backbone of the military. As much as I loved SG-1, it was a little unrealistic to have the officers do so much, so I hope that Greer will keep that from happening too much on SGU.

Oh and thanks for the green!

sigpic

Comment

WOW lots to read to catch up on...but for now I'm only able to pop in and bump this thread back to where it belongs Must come back to catch up!! Nice to meet you Evenstar!
          Originally posted by jelgate
          This brings much pain but SQ is right

Comment

Originally posted by squirrely1 View Post
            ...but for now I'm only able to pop in and bump this thread back to where it belongs
            You have done a good deed today.

Comment

You have done a good deed today.
              Why Thank you O boy...now why can't you be this nice in your fan thread??

Comment

Originally posted by squirrely1 View Post
                Why Thank you O boy...now why can't you be this nice in your fan thread??
                Yeah, sorry about that. My evil clone keeps hijacking that thread.

Just be glad he hasn't found this one.

Comment

You have a fan thread??? Where?? So confuzzled!

2 more days till more Greer!!!

Comment

Originally posted by natyanayaki View Post
                    You have a fan thread??? Where?? So confuzzled!
                    Off topic section. Should still be on the first page if you're interested.

And "Lost" can't get here fast enough. I don't care about these other episodes.

Comment

yeah I am....oh you have an evil clone?? WHAT?

Comment

Off topic section. Should still be on the first page if you're interested.

And "Lost" can't get here fast enough. I don't care about these other episodes.

Ohh, I'll check it out.

Maybe the title "LOST" indicates that a group of Destiny rebels will get stuck on a beautiful, tropical, jungle planet, and that there will be a 1/2 hr sitcom of which Greer and Riley will be the main characters? OK I know that's not it, but I choose to hope!

Comment

Ohh, I'll check it out.

Maybe the title "LOST" indicates that a group of Destiny rebels will get stuck on a beautiful, tropical, jungle planet, and that there will be a 1/2 hr sitcom of which Greer and Riley will be the main characters? OK I know that's not it, but I choose to hope!
                          hehehehe good one Nat!! *snort* Yeah we can hope!!

Comment

Actually, the shuttle crashes on a deserted tropical island while on a three hour tour. Oh, and from what I understand, Brody gets sucked into the shuttle's engine. Isolated in the wilderness, the crew competes for rations in a contest of survivor. Now, before the Destiny jumps away forever, Young must attempt a daring rescue to save these vital members.

Comment

Actually, the shuttle crashes on a deserted tropical island while on a three hour tour. Oh, and from what I understand, Brody gets sucked into the shuttle's engine. Isolated in the wilderness, the crew competes for rations in a contest of survivor. Now, before the Destiny jumps away forever, Young must attempt a daring rescue to save these vital members.
                              Are you sure it's Young? The Greer-centric episode just shouldn't have Young...Ohhh...O'Neill could body swap with Young via the stones!

Comment

Are you sure it's Young? The Greer-centric episode just shouldn't have Young...Ohhh...O'Neill could body swap with Young via the stones!
                                It was either that or Scott. Greer is just so loyal to both that it had to be one of those two.

I made a judgment call, but I could rewrite the episode if you'd prefer.

Comment

Working...
                                X