MSgt. Ronald Greer Discussion/Jamil Walker/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Solokiller View Post
    Did anybody notice that he's wearing desert camouflage? Maybe the parts that we've seen that take place on a desert planet are from before they leave for the destiny.
    Actually if you look closely in the trailers you will see that most of the military on the Icarus Base are wearing that uniform. It's standard issue marine desert camo, and considering the Icarus base is on a barren dry planet and not a lush forest planet, it makes sense.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by major davis View Post
      Actually if you look closely in the trailers you will see that most of the military on the Icarus Base are wearing that uniform. It's standard issue marine desert camo, and considering the Icarus base is on a barren dry planet and not a lush forest planet, it makes sense.
      I just realized it could be PTSD, considering the fact that Greer says killing people changed him.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by major davis View Post
        I just realized it could be PTSD, considering the fact that Greer says killing people changed him.
        What does PTSD mean?
        sigpic
        A lot of the things that made Stargate awesome, but just with steroids, spread all over it. - Brian J. Smith

Comment

Originally posted by Helmar View Post
          What does PTSD mean?
          Post Traumatic Stress Disorder

Not sure if Greer qualifies...depends on his past I guess.
          Sig by Pandora's Box
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Coronach View Post
            Post Traumatic Stress Disorder

Not sure if Greer qualifies...depends on his past I guess.
            I doubt its Post Tramuatic Stress Disorder that get Greer locked up. You wouldn't be putting him Icarus Base if he had recently suffered a psychological breakdown
            Originally posted by aretood2
            Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
              I doubt its Post Tramuatic Stress Disorder that get Greer locked up. You wouldn't be putting him Icarus Base if he had recently suffered a psychological breakdown
              Indeed. Unless it went undiagnosed for some reason and he was able to hide it up until then...but I don't think this is the case. I think it's probably a temper thing...and he steps out of line.
              Sig by Pandora's Box
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Coronach View Post
                Indeed. Unless it went undiagnosed for some reason and he was able to hide it up until then...but I don't think this is the case. I think it's probably a temper thing...and he steps out of line.
                Often, many soldiers are cleared, until they start having breakdowns, still, idk what he did. One thing JWS said was that his character had a problem working with civilians and has a temper, so it makes sense that maybe he lost his temper when working with civies or something....
                sigpic

Comment

What if he has other dark secret? Maybe he is a replicator, who was constructed on Earth (like Fran). And his programming began to fail... Or he is an Ancient, who was on Destiny earlier, but his memory was erased...

Off. Did you know Jamil's father played Grant in the Mission Impossible series?
                  http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0808607/

IMDB - Phil Morris ("Grant Collier")
                  http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0606862/
                  http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0094511/
                  "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Originally posted by Platschu View Post

Off. Did you know Jamil's father played Grant in the Mission Impossible series?
                    http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0808607/

IMDB - Phil Morris ("Grant Collier")
                    http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0606862/
                    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0094511/
                    I didn't know that.

Most likely because it's not true.
                    Last edited by PG15; 08 August 2009, 12:11 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
                      I didn't know that.

Most because it's not true.
                      Lol, Comic Con panel all over again
                      Sig by Pandora's Box
                      sigpic

Comment

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0808607/bio

Trivia

He is the son of Phil Morris.

He is the grandson of Greg Morris.

He is the nephew of Iona Morris.
                        It's all IMDb's fault
                        sigpic

Comment

IMDB is about as reliable as Wikipedia
                          Originally posted by aretood2
                          Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                            IMDB is about as reliable as Wikipedia
                            Wiki really isn't as bad as people make it out to be. Obscure things can be pretty screwed up though
                            Sig by Pandora's Box
                            sigpic

Comment

May I ask what is the truth? Are they not relatives?
                              "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Nope. They are not related.

Comment

Working...
                                X