No announcement yet.

MSgt. Ronald Greer Discussion/Jamil Walker/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If Greer had a temper than Rush would've been shot out in the desert. Even when he was pointing the gun at Rush in the control room he didn't seem 'angry' in an out-of-control sense so much as convinced that Rush had screwed them up and determined not to do it again. Other than Young telling him to "take your anger out on them", I don't really see that Greer has anger or temper issues so much as he's just strong-willed and determined. I know Rush said he read Greer's file and wouldn't have picked him but I think he said the same about Scott.

I think Greer's motivations are going to end up being more subtle than just "Greer has a bad temper"
    If you're wondering how he eats & breathes, and other science facts...(la! la! la!)
    Then repeat to yourself its just a show, I should really just relax.

I own "Future War"..I can put up with a lot

sigpic - Black Belt Test 10/24/2009 -

Comment

When I first watched "Air, Pt. 3," I was a little put off by Greer's kick to Rush's back, but when I watched it again, I realized that Rush was being a real prick, and Greer didn't kick him that hard. Greer might have a temper, but he's not "unstable," nor is he untrustworthy because of it. If anything, his temper would ensure that he succeeds, because he'd be too angry with himself if he failed.
      Secretary-General of GATO ¤ Defender of F.O.R.D.

Comment

Originally posted by Major Tyler View Post
        When I first watched "Air, Pt. 3," I was a little put off by Greer's kick to Rush's back, but when I watched it again, I realized that Rush was being a real prick, and Greer didn't kick him that hard. Greer might have a temper, but he's not "unstable," nor is he untrustworthy because of it. If anything, his temper would ensure that he succeeds, because he'd be too angry with himself if he failed.
        Sure, Rush is a prick, but the response still should not have been a kick to the back. I think Greer has definite 'anger management' issues. That doesn't mean he's going to kill someone. I'm sure that whatever his problem is they're going to eventually let the viewers know, although the poor man vs rich man thing seemed rather stereotyped. Since when are all scientists rich??

Comment

Originally posted by prion View Post
          . I think Greer has definite 'anger management' issues.
          I really don't see that, yet.

although the poor man vs rich man thing seemed rather stereotyped. Since when are all scientists rich??
          Both of them had rather stereotypical reactions to each other, *but* both characters responded in objection to each other's stereotypes, so while the characters were treating each other in rather cliched ways, the writers were not. Of note is that Rush started it, and I think that's just because Rush was pissed about not getting any water so he lashed out at Greer. Greer responded in kind but for all I could tell that was just his way of being as sarcastically cliched as Rush was being as I don't think Greer was really all the impressed by Rush's speech in response.

Greer just seems to be someone who is not afraid to take definitive action when he perceives it's needed

But I really hope this doesn't turn into something where everyone has a dark, secret past.
          If you're wondering how he eats & breathes, and other science facts...(la! la! la!)

Comment

Originally posted by prion View Post
            Sure, Rush is a prick, but the response still should not have been a kick to the back. I think Greer has definite 'anger management' issues.
            Frankly among military circles Greer’s behaviour wouldn’t raise that many eyebrows. If someone’s acting like an idiot in a dangerous situation you lock them down. And Greer had more self restraint than I would have when Rush attacked him in the desert, I would have beaten Rush senseless for that.

Comment

how a bout personal responsibility,, this guy is a socio/psychopath. I don't care why he is, he just is...

My Story:
              http://www.veteranstoday.com/2010/10...%80%99s-story/

Comment

Now if Greer was instead played by Michael Jai White, *that* could be very interesting

Comment

Originally posted by retiredat44 View Post
                  how a bout personal responsibility,, this guy is a socio/psychopath. I don't care why he is, he just is...

How about no, he is member of the United States Marine Corp, a unit whose entire purpose is problem solving through the application of extreme violence.

Comment

Originally posted by The Mighty 6 platoon View Post
                    How about no, he is member of the United States Marine Corp, a unit whose entire purpose is problem solving through the application of extreme violence.
                    As opposed to any other military unit in the world *wink* *wink*.

Comment

Originally posted by Vladius View Post
                      Actually there are military units who try to shoot as rarely as possible. But they are not used it normal warfare.
                      sigpic
                      A lot of the things that made Stargate awesome, but just with steroids, spread all over it. - Brian J. Smith

Comment

Originally posted by Lightning Ducj View Post
                        Now if Greer was instead played by Michael Jai White, *that* could be very interesting
                        Jamil Walker Smith is far better in my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by Major Tyler View Post
                          Jamil Walker Smith is far better in my opinion.
                          Yeah, but I just say "Blood & Bone" and the thought of some of that action...

Comment

Originally posted by Vladius View Post
                            Yes while most military units value aggression, the US marines probably are one of the most aggressive forces in the world only really surpassed by the Royal Marines and the Parachute Regiment in the UK and special forces units like Delta force, SAS, SBS etc

Comment

Maybe he killed some children??

LOL
                              Currently watching: Dark Matter, 12 Monkeys, Doctor Who, Under the Dome, The Mentalist, The Messengers, The Last Ship, Elementary, Dominion, The Whispers, Extant, Olympus, Da Vinci's Demons, Vikings

Comment

Originally posted by Commander Zelix View Post
                                Maybe he killed some children??

LOL
                                What the fck, dude! The idea of killing children makes you "LOL"?!

You're fckin' sick...

Comment

Working...
                                X