X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Coronach View Post
    Gonna say this as delicately as I can:

Spoiler:
    At this point, I'm really hoping that this scene is not quite what it looks like. As I've said before, I have no problem with a Chloe/Scott relationship and I'd actually fully support one. However, if we're supposed to accept that they are officially together by next week already, then I'm not sure I'm going to enjoy that very much

But, I am willing to see how TPTB handle it. Maybe they'd surprise me and I'd like it even when I wasn't expecting to. But if I've ever been pessimistic about an aspect of SGU, it has been that they wouldn't handle a relationship well

And I speak only for myself here, but (for me) a relationship developing this quickly is not handled very well. I understand if other people's opinions differ though

On the other hand...if it is the case that Chloe is manipulating him in such a way, then damn...that'd be totally unexpected and potentially a very interesting twist.
    Oh yeah,
    Spoiler:

We're hoping that it won't be what it looks like. Although, to me it looks like she's manipulating him a bit. As she says in the promo "What are the chances on that?" to Scott, when he says, "I really want you to come with me." As it is obvious that Scott will fly the shuttle and that he is one of the seventeen people that will "escape on board of the shuttle".

I agree with you that a full relationship after next-week ep would be a bad thing. No, it would totally mess up everything and any hope I have for TPTB and a relationship between Chloe and Matthew.

So I hope TPTB will indeed surprise us. They did with some aspects in the previous episodes we've seen until now. Hopefully they'll continue like this.

It certainly has enormous potential.

With "it" referring to the relationship, the story and the series.

A black hole swallowed this sig pic.

Comment

Originally posted by Jper View Post
      Oh yeah,
      Spoiler:

We're hoping that it won't be what it looks like. Although, to me it looks like she's manipulating him a bit. As she says in the promo "What are the chances on that?" to Scott, when he says, "I really want you to come with me." As it is obvious that Scott will fly the shuttle and that he is one of the seventeen people that will "escape on board of the shuttle".

I agree with you that a full relationship after next-week ep would be a bad thing. No, it would totally mess up everything and any hope I have for TPTB and a relationship between Chloe and Matthew.

So I hope TPTB will indeed surprise us. They did with some aspects in the previous episodes we've seen until now. Hopefully they'll continue like this.

It certainly has enormous potential.

With "it" referring to the relationship, the story and the series.

Indeed. Of course, one of my biggest pet peeves on GW is how people overreact to things that haven't happened yet and blow everything out of proportion...so I refuse to do that.

Spoiler:
      I'll wait and see what happens next week and how TPTB handle it. And even if I don't like it, it's one aspect of the show and I'm not going to lead a crusade over it like I've seen some fans do with other issues
      Sig by Pandora's Box
      sigpic

Comment

Gonna say this as delicately as I can:

Spoiler:
        On the other hand...if it is the case that Chloe is manipulating him in such a way, then damn...that'd be totally unexpected and potentially a very interesting twist.
        Well see was a political science major and a political aide

Comment

Indeed. Of course, one of my biggest pet peeves on GW is how people overreact to things that haven't happened yet and blow everything out of proportion...so I refuse to do that.

Spoiler:
          I'll wait and see what happens next week and how TPTB handle it. And even if I don't like it, it's one aspect of the show and I'm not going to lead a crusade over it like I've seen some fans do with other issues
          Yes, I hate that too, how people overreact to things that we don't know for sure, or haven't happened yet, or that they assume that already have happened or even that they just interpret simple things as prove in some complex idiotic scenario they do not like or don't want to see. All that effort just to then bash what they have just proven.

I'm staying positive.
          No, seriously, SGU has proven to be different. So I really hope it will be different here too.

Originally posted by Madwelshboy View Post
          Yes, indeed she has that working for her.

Comment

Originally posted by Madwelshboy View Post
            Yup. As I said, I'm interested to see how next week's episode plays out, and I won't bother speculating too much. TPTB have definitely shown that they can change a LOT of the way they tell a story, so maybe they'll surprise me
            Sig by Pandora's Box
            sigpic

Comment

Spoiler:
              I agree that Chloe is probably using Matt... even though they'd still be good together

Comment

Originally posted by Jason_Clement View Post
                Spoiler:
                I agree that Chloe is probably using Matt... even though they'd still be good together
                Oh yes they would be very good together.

Comment

I liked in the episode where her father died how he comforted her. There's gunna be great chemistry and tension between these two... gunna see how it balances between lust and love...

PS: I'm a semi-multishipper for Chloe, but I've realized Matt is more logical for her and think I'll ship this way... this is my first show caring about who gets who, so it's my first..."shipping"?

Comment

If it turns out that

Spoiler:
                    Chloe is using him.

I think it'll be an incredibly interesting dynamic between the two. We've seen that Matt is a very caring person already, and he seems incredibly forthright and selfless...if you ask me. All three parts of "Air" showed that to me about his character.

On the other hand, we have Chloe who we definitely know much less about. We know she's vulnerable and just went through some extreme hardship. We also know that she's not a bad person, as she had really sweet moments with Eli in "Darkness". Nevertheless, there are hints about her and her history that have to be further explored, and I can't say (with certainty) that she is above manipulation.

Spoiler:
                    The interesting part will come in when we see what it is she actually feels for Lt. Scott. Will she actually end up truly liking him, or will it be the case that she strictly used him for survival?

Furthermore, it'd be a very interesting jumping off point for relationship development. I don't want to say too much, as I don't really know how to put into words what I'm thinking.

I will say, though, that this relationship (and all of SGU, really) has enormous potential...and I hope TPTB capitalize on it all. Here's to hoping
                    Sig by Pandora's Box
                    sigpic

Comment

Yeah, indeed the interesting surely will be after episode 1.05 Light. The episode itself will be interesting, but probably the way TPTB go after that will be more interesting.

Mainly indeed because we'll never be sure about Chloe's true feelings, and I think even Matt's feelings, until afterwards. With not being sure about Matt's feelings I am considering that it was just because they way they all thought they were going to die that just that we all know by now that will happen in 1.05-Light, that just that happened.

We'll see. Lots of interesting theories, speculation and things to see.

Comment

Yeah, indeed the interesting surely will be after episode 1.05 Light. The episode itself will be interesting, but probably the way TPTB go after that will be more interesting.

Mainly indeed because we'll never be sure about Chloe's true feelings, and I think even Matt's feelings, until afterwards. With not being sure about Matt's feelings I am considering that it was just because they way they all thought they were going to die that just that we all know by now that will happen in 1.05-Light, that just that happened.

Comment

I Can't wait for Light from the pictures i saw Scott and Chloe do it.

Comment

Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard View Post
                            I Can't wait for Light from the pictures i saw Scott and Chloe do it.
                            Well you should see the promo.

Comment

YAY!! FOUND A PLACE WHERE I CAN LIKE CHLOE/SCOTT SAFELY!! WHOO!

I hope she isn't using him. Because I think that this pic http://stargate.mgm.com/view/content/1676/index.html
                              I think it is towards the start of the episode before they need to escape in the Puddle Jumper on a 'high' space pod.
                              sigpic

JOHN SHEPPARD.
                              Thanks scifan for this bootyful siggie!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Jper View Post

When you say we'll never be sure about either of their feelings, until afterwards. After what?
                                Cuz I think something else will happen to make them realise.
                                sigpic

JOHN SHEPPARD.
                                Thanks scifan for this bootyful siggie!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X