No announcement yet.

Sgt. Hunter Riley Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

His ranked used to also denote Sergeant before 1997.

Maybe they just unofficially call E4s with a command role Sergeants.
    These are the wrong people... in the wrong place.

Comment

Originally posted by Detox View Post
      Maybe they just unofficially call E4s with a command role Sergeants.
      If by "they" you mean the USAF, you're definitely wrong, but if by "they" you mean the SGC, I suppose it's possible.
      Secretary-General of GATO ¤ Defender of F.O.R.D.

Comment

Originally posted by Sifr View Post
        It makes you wonder if they had landed on the barely habitable world.

James: So welcome to New Earth...
        Riley: What about my suggestion?
        Scott: We're NOT calling it Planet Riley!
        Riley: But its my birthday!
        Hilarious! I'm glad Riley is going to be around for a while. I get a feeling that TPTB wouldn't make a point to mention his birthday at least twice with the intention of just killing him off. That would definitely piss me off.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
          ROLF.

I knew I shouldn't have had milk next to my computer
          Thank you, thank you all... I'll be here till next Friday...

Then I'll be making fun of the next episode

Comment

Originally posted by Sifr View Post
            Thank you, thank you all... I'll be here till next Friday...

Then I'll be making fun of the next episode
            You take the episodes, and I'll take the fans.
            ~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

~ Burning people! He says what we're all thinking! ~

Comment

I like Riley he is like the Walter or Chuck. The gate tech ( At leat on Icares)
              This isn't Atlantis?
              I don't think so.
              If this is not the Lost City…then where is it?

SGU= Awesome Eli is so me =P

Comment

maybe riley lost his patch and had to grab one of a dead person on the way out of icarus, maybe its not his uniform (unlikely, considering his name is on it), maybe people whould not notice *tiny* little things and stop makin threads about it.

Remember this is NOT set in our universe, in our universe Cheyenne mountain is a lot smaller underground than in the SG universe, also Colonel O'Neill in the SG universe looks a lot like Richard Dean Anderson in our universe

Comment

Originally posted by Major Tyler View Post
                  Hunter Riley is clearly called "Sergeant" throughout the series so far, but the rank insignia he wears on his collar is that of a Senior Airman.

You'd think TPTB would know Air Force military rank insignias by now!

What gives?
                  there the wrong people in the wrong place so it makes sense that the insignias are wrong too
                  https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Well there's very little they are getting right on the military rank and structure at this point. I've just about given up trying to make any sense of it.

I mean, in just the latest episode, we hear Greer called Sgt. Unacceptable to a Marine to call a Master Sergeant a Sgt. It's not done and not appropriate.

And saluting without a cover on? Not ever done by a Marine.

*Had he put it on, it would have been acceptable. Had it not been a disgustingly bad salute.
                    Last edited by Pontifex; 24 October 2009, 08:55 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Pontifex View Post
                      Well there's very little they are getting right on the military rank and structure at this point. I've just about given up trying to make any sense of it.

I mean, in just the latest episode, we hear Greer called Sgt. Unacceptable to a Marine to call a Master Sergeant a Sgt. It's not done and not appropriate.

And saluting without a cover on? Not ever done by a Marine.

*Had he put it on, it would have been acceptable. Had it not been a disgustingly bad salute.
                      well the whole 'we're flying into a star' thing would have made a few people think why even bother being so proper, i really dont think they would have cared

Comment

That's just it, a Marine Master Sergeant would.

It's simply part of a trend with SGU that's the only nagging downside to the show. The show is just completely lost in regards to the military even though it plays such an important part of the show.

Comment

Even if he didn't too have many lines that I remember in this episode. For some reason I liked him a little bit more now. Somehow he seemed cooler than I remember him being from the previous few shows he was seen in.
                          "First Weir, then Samantha Carter, and now, you! It's a pity you humans die or get reassigned so easily, or I might have a sense of satisfaction now!"

*You got the touch! You got the poweeeeer!*

"Arise, Woolseyus Prime."

"Elizabeth..."

Comment

Oh man, that'd be great.

We have a scene that cuts between where Walter is trying to dial Destiny, and Riley is in a crunch trying to dial some other planet, Riley simply dials, Walter does the whole "Chevron 1..." malarky...

They simply clap Riley on the shoulder when it works.

Jack O'Neill simply appears to cuff Walter on the head, "Did I ever tell you thats EXTREMELY annoying Walty-boy?"

Comment

HAPPY BIRTHDAY RILEY!

I'd say having everyone live is a pretty good bday pressie,

Comment

Originally posted by Kidwizz View Post
                                HAPPY BIRTHDAY RILEY!

I'd say having everyone live is a pretty good bday pressie,
                                I think when not dying has to be your birthday wish then things have gone downhill slightly.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X