Robert Carlyle/Dr Nicholas Rush Thunk/Appreciation thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by myhelix View Post
    Agree with everything that everyone here had said about Cloverdale.

like this sentence

Spoiler:

And Rush dress and boots, just
    First it started a bit slow, but man, the end was great
    Also the Irony that Scott imagine him that way. But deep down I believe Rush is that man. He could be the good guy if he had not the trust issue and when his wife would still be alive. The way everything went make him a careless and pragmatic man. And I don´t think Rush is a coward, he care for his own life but he prove a few times now that he can make the right decisions, evan the bridge thing is a huge screw up on his side.
    regarding Rush
    Spoiler:
    I appreciated the moment when he realizes that through Chloe Scott could be healed. He calls TJ in order to inform her even if this means to 'lose' his hidden use of Chloe. I would have rather expected Chloe to inform TJ, not Rush. So he proves to be 'human' after all

Anyone replied to Artemis-Neith regarding the
    Spoiler:
    accent RC used in the dream sequences?
    I can't find a reply and I am curious too.
    Grimm returns October 24
    sigpic

Signature and Avatar by Hyndara71 - Thank you very much
    Profile Picture by BM-Shipper

Comment

Originally posted by mi_guard View Post
      regarding Rush
      Spoiler:
      I appreciated the moment when he realizes that through Chloe Scott could be healed. He calls TJ in order to inform her even if this means to 'lose' his hidden use of Chloe. I would have rather expected Chloe to inform TJ, not Rush. So he proves to be 'human' after all
      Spoiler:
      Of course it is IMHO, but to me this whole episode _once again_ proves Rush is human Would he run like mad to the Gate and back with a load of supplies, would he stay with them and help, would he give Greer that look when the Sergeant told him to get the hell outta there, if he wasn't?

Spoiler:
      I can't find a reply and I am curious too.
      Spoiler:
      The question was asked to the native speakers. I'm not one in the least, but to my ear it didn't sound like an American accent, just like a softened Scottish.
      sigpic

This ship was named "Destiny" for a reason (c)

Comment

BTS of Cloverdale - just loved this take

Spoiler:
        Grimm returns October 24
        sigpic

Comment

I think the spoiler rule is a week after the air date, but I am not sure? I am always careful because a lot of members come from different country´s and I don´t wont to ruin the fun for them.

QUOTE=mi_guard;12020343]regarding Rush
          Spoiler:

Spoiler:
          I am pretty sure he is "human" but his inner devil keeps regularly in touch with him these days, hopefully the other side will get the upper hand soon. This episode, he proved to be pretty useful and caring (Rush style, of course)

Spoiler:
          I can't find a reply and I am curious too.[/QUOTE]

Spoiler:
          IMO he uses an American accent in this episode, any natives here to prove that? Also the look of his clothes, Texas style!
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Artemis-Neith View Post
            Question for those of you who are native speakers, and watched "Cloverdale":
            Spoiler:
            Rush used an American (?) accent in the dream parts, doesn't he? Whatever it was it was not his normal way to speak.
            I will have to go back and watch the episode over
            Spoiler:
            I didn't notice his accent the first time I watched it..
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Shinnor View Post
              Spoiler:
              Of course it is IMHO, but to me this whole episode _once again_ proves Rush is human Would he run like mad to the Gate and back with a load of supplies, would he stay with them and help, would he give Greer that look when the Sergeant told him to get the hell outta there, if he wasn't?
              there you mentioned some really interesting points - finally he is human
              I think the spoiler rule is a week after the air date, but I am not sure? I am always careful because a lot of members come from different country´s and I don´t wont to ruin the fun for them.
              I thought also it was 1 week, but of course we can keep it longer. Should I forget it, just remind me of it
              regarding Rush
              Spoiler:
              I am pretty sure he is "human" but his inner devil keeps regularly in touch with him these days, hopefully the other side will get the upper hand soon. This episode, he proved to be pretty useful and caring (Rush style, of course)
              "Rush style human" - new category

Regarding the accent, indeed it would be interesting to hear a comment from some native.
              Grimm returns October 24
              sigpic

Comment

Question: can anybody tell me (repeat) for how long after an episode airs we need to use spoiler tags for discussions and spoilery pictures? for the whole season? I am a little bit confused - thought it would be 1 week .
                The spoiler rule:
                http://forum.gateworld.net/faq.php?f...q_spoilerspace

You have to use spoilers tags for any episode until it has aired in syndication. So technically that's for all the season two episodes of SGU and almost all episodes of season one of SGU. However, since this thread has a spoiler warning for season one spoilers, those don't need tagging.

It's not one week.

If there's a spoiler warning in the thread title this can change things and if you're posting in an episode/season folder you can never post a spoiler about a future episode without spoiler tags. Even now if your in the season one folder for SG1 you can't post a SG1 S2 spoiler without spoiler tags there.

Safe thing to do, if you're not sure, is to use spoiler tags.
                A black hole swallowed this sig pic.

Comment

Originally posted by Jper View Post
                  The spoiler rule:

You have to use spoilers tags for any episode until it has aired in syndication. So technically that's for all the season two episodes of SGU and almost all episodes of season one of SGU. However, since this thread has a spoiler warning for season one spoilers, those don't need tagging.

It's not one week.

If there's a spoiler warning in the thread title this can change things and if you're posting in an episode/season folder you can never post a spoiler about a future episode without spoiler tags. Even now if your in the season one folder for SG1 you can't post a SG1 S2 spoiler without spoiler tags there.

Thanks for the reminder, I tend to forget such things. To much other thoughts in my all the time.
                  sigpic

Comment

Thanks for the reminder, I tend to forget such things. To much other thoughts in my all the time.
                    Sure, you're welcome. I was only answering mi_guard's question.

Now back to RC thunking.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
                    A black hole swallowed this sig pic.

Comment

Originally posted by Sapphire_Jade View Post
                      I will have to go back and watch the episode over
                      Spoiler:
                      I didn't notice his accent the first time I watched it..
                      okay I just went back to listen to Rush's accent and
                      Spoiler:
                      no it's not an American accent he still has his accent... there are certain words.. like "father" and "man" that he says that it is obvious it's a european accent.. and his accent to me doesn't sound any different that any other episodes..idk if RC way trying to do an American accent but I hear a european accent
                      Last edited by Sapphire_Jade; 27 October 2010, 04:51 PM.
                      sigpic

Comment

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Jper View Post
                          The spoiler rule:

It's not one week.

Jper - thanks for the clarification. So as long as the thread does not mention 'Spoilers through Season 2' or similar, we'll have to keep everything in tags.

http://img219.imageshack.us/img219/4407/iwalkrobertcarlyle03.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://img408.imageshack.us/img408/3314/iwalkrobertcarlyle04.jpg[
                          Myhelix - nice pics - RC in a winter-y Glasgow - is it there where he was telling his personal story, about his dad and his beginnings as an actor? I loved that!
                          Grimm returns October 24
                          sigpic

Comment

Cloverdale

Spoiler:

he looks worried, doesn't he?
                            Grimm returns October 24
                            sigpic

Comment

Cloverdale

Spoiler:

he is just gorgeous IMO
                              Grimm returns October 24
                              sigpic

Comment

Forgetting the most important one.
                                Spoiler:

Rocking those boots.

Comment

Working...
                                X