X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by myhelix View Post
      *waves at all* no one seems to be in chat mood today?
      *waves back*

I'm just finishing my coffee, and I'll go to bed then. I have to work tomorrow, and I hope for good weather, I don't want to run around and try to catch some ponies in pouring rain.
      sigpic

Comment

Welcome to the Thread xgirl30! Always great to have new members here! Have a welcome pic.

]http://imageshack.us/a/img12/5466/tumblrmmwjan0nut1rs3cum.jpg
        Thanks for the welcome and the pic. I don't think I've seen that one before.

Originally posted by Artemis-Neith View Post

I started my fan life with LJ, and it's still my favoured place to be. Tumblr is a good place for those who love "speed talking/posting/dating" and spoilers for whatever in no time, and that's the reason I'm there. It's also a good place to find lots of photos of your favoured who\whatever. But it's also a little bit superficial (though it does not need to be) with the way you "comment" on things, by mere reblogging or liking.
        I use both LJ and Tumblr. I like Tumblr for posting pics and looking at pics.(I've found so many great pics there.) Everything else I prefer to do at LJ or Dreamwidth. It's much easier to post longer things like poems or fics there and I love the customization options. (I recently changed my journal to a SGU/Rush theme.)

http://imageshack.us/a/img109/2384/ouat2190005.jpg
        Great pic. I just watched that episode the other day. (And made a bunch of screencaps.)
        sigpic
        The Terry O`Quinn Fansite
        My art and writing site

Comment

One thing you might be interested in knowing is that when he comes to visit fans right from filming, he sounds like Gold and it takes a bit for his normal accent to come back. One of the set designers, Sarah, is Scottish. She's the woman holding the license plate in that photo above. Sarah is CRAZY! She showed us a photo RC signed for her sister and it read, "Sorry about Sarah!" We laughed so hard at that. But with her around they're both almost impossible to understand and certainly she eggs him on.

One of the local vendors told us that in warm weather, he occasionally picks a child out of the crown and, after getting permission from the parent/s, takes the kid over to the ice cream parlour and spends some time just talking and hanging out with the kid. I believe it after seeing him interact with my daughter. She clung to him like a barnacle. I have been a professional photographer since 1975 and have met and photographed many famous musicians and actors of the day but Bobby Carlyle is, by far, the best of the best.Bobby-031313-08-5x7Copyright copy.jpg

<Great picture, Nancy! I think the sunglasses match is cool. Please write a bit about the meet and great with RC. I am dying to know all the little details!>
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by NancyP View Post
            One thing you might be interested in knowing is that when he comes to visit fans right from filming, he sounds like Gold and it takes a bit for his normal accent to come back. One of the set designers, Sarah, is Scottish. She's the woman holding the license plate in that photo above. Sarah is CRAZY! She showed us a photo RC signed for her sister and it read, "Sorry about Sarah!" We laughed so hard at that. But with her around they're both almost impossible to understand and certainly she eggs him on.

One of the local vendors told us that in warm weather, he occasionally picks a child out of the crown and, after getting permission from the parent/s, takes the kid over to the ice cream parlour and spends some time just talking and hanging out with the kid. I believe it after seeing him interact with my daughter. She clung to him like a barnacle. I have been a professional photographer since 1975 and have met and photographed many famous musicians and actors of the day but Bobby Carlyle is, by far, the best of the best.[ATTACH]37921[/ATTACH]
            Great report and photo Nancy, it´s lovely to hear how down to earth and normal RC is. I can imagine how hard it must be for him not to stay in character for the whole day. IMO he had a very convincing American accent, but I am not a native so I am easy to fool. What´s your opinion about that?

Your daughter seems to enjoy his company.
            sigpic

Comment

I uploaded a new Rush music vid on my youtube channel, you can watch it here, comments and stuff would be lovely.

sigpic

Comment

Great report and photo Nancy, it´s lovely to hear how down to earth and normal RC is. I can imagine how hard it must be for him not to stay in character for the whole day. IMO he had a very convincing American accent, but I am not a native so I am easy to fool. What´s your opinion about that?

Your daughter seems to enjoy his company.
                That's interesting that you think he sounds American as Gold. To my ears he still sounds Scottish, albeit with a much lighter accent than he's had in other things. (If I watch OUAT and then something like Hamish Macbeth the difference is very obvious.)
                sigpic
                The Terry O`Quinn Fansite
                My art and writing site

Comment

someone was asking for Rush smilies - I figured a full-body would be nice too.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by xgirl30 View Post
                    That's interesting that you think he sounds American as Gold. To my ears he still sounds Scottish, albeit with a much lighter accent than he's had in other things. (If I watch OUAT and then something like Hamish Macbeth the difference is very obvious.)
                    I think he has not a completely American accent in OUAT, more a mixture of American and his mother tongue. Sometime more, sometimes less, IMO.

In Hamish I had some problems to understand all of it, I used subtitles to watch it.

Originally posted by Nolamom View Post

someone was asking for Rush smilies - I figured a full-body would be nice too.
                    Cool simile, big thank you!! One with just a head would be awesome, too. I find this one great, but I also love the body less ones, also.
                    sigpic

Comment

But you can't put bodyless ones into the shower

That should cover most needs. Let me know if you have a specific smilie you'd like to see and I will attempt it. As always, please upload them onto your own image hosting site (like Photobucket) and then link from there. Do not hotlink from my account. Thank you.
                      Last edited by Nolamom; 02 June 2013, 09:57 AM.
                      sigpic

Comment

Good, I feel a bit depressed right now. About my vid, the weather (constant rain since two weeks), my vacation is over and I have done lot of fun things in my free time, but not the important ones surrounding renovating and searching for a job. Now I feel a bit guilty about it. And today I am kind of bored and I don´t get my ass up to do something about it.
                        sigpic

Comment

This one is fuel for the RC fandome, really well done!
                          sigpic

Comment

Thanks, Nola, that's awesome, at least a shower scene for us!
                            sigpic

Comment

grumpy Rush, coffee Rush, awesomeness!
                              sigpic

Comment

Hi cairi, still the same awful weather in your home town?
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X