No announcement yet.

Robert Carlyle/Dr Nicholas Rush Thunk/Appreciation thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For the ones who have seen "Hamish Macbeth" is it good? I know anything with RC in it is good, was just curious as to what anyone else has to say about it heh.

Comment

Love, love, love Hamish! I have regular Hamish marathons (and put up with the hysterical barking from my dog who does not like Wee Jock). Hamish is very funny, very quirky and downright sad at times.

Comment

Originally posted by Eri8321317 View Post
        For the ones who have seen "Hamish Macbeth" is it good? I know anything with RC in it is good, was just curious as to what anyone else has to say about it heh.
        OHHHHHHH - It's beyond good, it's fantastic! I love Hamish MacBeth - and not just for RC and that's saying something. It's wonderful.

Comment

Woot! News. Spoiler kinda maybe:

From JM's mailbag:
          Spoiler:
          Echelon writes: “Are there any plans to have Louise Lombard return as Rush’s wife in flashbacks/hallucinations in future episodes?”

Answer: Chances are good we’ll be seeing her again.

Comment

*cries*

I can't see all the lovely pictures because of my school's stupid blocking program...

>.>
            ~Bushy~

"Look, you don't know me. This is when I'm at my best. This is when I shine: impossible deadlines."
            Dr. Meredith Rodney McKay
            -
            "That doesn’t matter! You’re hostages! We’re your…we’re your captors! We’re heavily armed! There’s rules! There’s a whole school of etiquette to this!"
            Dr. Daniel Jackson
            -
            "My name is Dean Winchester. I'm an Aquarius. I enjoy sunsets, long walks on the beach, and frisky women."
            Dean Winchester

Comment

Originally posted by EllieVee View Post
              Welcome and yes, he's wonderful!

Oddly enough, English is my first language and I still have occasion to apologise for my spelling.

What was the outcome?

*hugs*

Yes, indeed they are!

What did you think of the ending of 28/ Weeks? Much more powerful than 28 Days, I think.
              I don't know I think I like the ending of 28 Days more even though it was ruined by 28 Weeks

Originally posted by Egle01 View Post
              I think they've had releases for the SGA-1 and SGA pilot scores. *fingers crossed*

Re the SGU general video - Finally something that does justice to the show.
              *crosses fingers for the score*

Now, if I only knew that vidder so I could beg for a Rush vid

One GW user has a sig with
              Spoiler:
              the creature
              from "Lost" on it. Now I've seen it. Might as well watch the trailer?
              *hugs Egle* Sorry you got spoilered

Originally posted by Artemis-Neith View Post
              You're right, and the reviewer is absolutely right about the B-plot, it's mostly a little (a lot) silly, IMO! So we're back on 'say some funny things and go to have an adventure!' That was unecessary . Well, IMO.
              I enjoyed the B plot almost as much as the A plot, I think it was nice to have something to balance the A plot. Besides I am a Eli/Chloe shipper

Spoiler:
              I can convinced myself of that too

Originally posted by BFH_Bushy_Tush View Post
              *cries*

I can't see all the lovely pictures because of my school's stupid blocking program...

>.>
              *huggles Bushy* You just need a technologically advanced friend to help you out and get around that
              sigpic
              Sig by Everlovin My YT|My other vid site|My LJ|My Photobucket|My ImageShack|"Stargate is life, Sam and Jack are happiness, Shippers are almighty" by hlndncr

Comment

Excuse me while I scream...

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hamish is wonderfulness, magnificence and brilliance all tied up in one perfectly written, hilarious, heartbreaking, exciting, did I mention hilarious?, wonderful package.

And for those of you who fork out for the DVD set and discover that the season one ep "West Coast Story" isn't included because the owners of "West Side Story" got a bug up their bums, there are ways.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by EllieVee View Post
                  Woot! News. Spoiler kinda maybe:

From JM's mailbag:
                  Spoiler:
                  Echelon writes: “Are there any plans to have Louise Lombard return as Rush’s wife in flashbacks/hallucinations in future episodes?”

Answer: Chances are good we’ll be seeing her again.
                  It'd be great.
                  Spoiler:
                  I liked her plus more background info about Rush... plus most likely awesome Rush scenes... Oh yeahh.

Originally posted by yessika View Post
                  I can convinced myself of that too
                  "Human" -
                  Spoiler:
                  Quite original-looking alien, isn't it. And moves very quietly. I wonder if it was observing the offworld team.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by yessika View Post
                    *huggles Bushy* You just need a technologically advanced friend to help you out and get around that
                    I have one. We just don't have any classes together...>.>
                    ~Bushy~

"Look, you don't know me. This is when I'm at my best. This is when I shine: impossible deadlines."
                    Dr. Meredith Rodney McKay
                    -
                    "That doesn’t matter! You’re hostages! We’re your…we’re your captors! We’re heavily armed! There’s rules! There’s a whole school of etiquette to this!"
                    Dr. Daniel Jackson
                    -
                    "My name is Dean Winchester. I'm an Aquarius. I enjoy sunsets, long walks on the beach, and frisky women."
                    Dean Winchester

Comment

Originally posted by Lahela View Post
                      And for those of you who fork out for the DVD set and discover that the season one ep "West Coast Story" isn't included because the owners of "West Side Story" got a bug up their bums, there are ways.
                      I can kind of understand the banning of the episode, but still. I know of the story of "West Side Story" but can't say I've actually read it. I don't even think I've seen a play of it.

Oh well. I guess one episode plunked away isn't as bad as not being able to buy the series.
                      Last edited by Eri8321317; 28 April 2010, 02:16 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Lahela View Post
                        Hamish is wonderfulness, magnificence and brilliance all tied up in one perfectly written, hilarious, heartbreaking, exciting, did I mention hilarious?, wonderful package.

Really? I can't believe this, I'm thinking about buying it via Amazon UK. I hate it, if you have always to look for such things, like
                        • are all episodes on that DVD,
                        • is it a shorted version of a film, etc!
                        • And especially for Germany, look twice whether it has also the original language!
                        sigpic

Comment

About "Human" (again) -
                          Spoiler:

Yup, still processing. But just gotta mention this strange thing. I've said it before that I enjoy emotions and good drama on TV. But usually all the biggest emotional experiences won't be the same after 1st viewing, they lose some of its impact. But when Rush goes to see Gloria in the hospital... it's quite the opposite. First time I thought it's really sad, second time even sadder and third time I even shed a tear. That's never happened to me. I don't dare to think what's gonna happen on the 4th viewing.

Funny thing that SGU is.
                          sigpic

Comment

I have a headache. I need some distracting thunk. o.o
                            sigpic

Comment

Hamish Macbeth is my favorite TV series of all time! And I almost didn't watch it. I had been reading the books and didn't want to ruin the "image" I had of Hamish (a tall, thin, redhead). I had seen the cover of the DVD and wasn't familiar with RC so put off starting the series. What convinced me to watch was the filming location (Plockton, Scotland, which I visited in 2008. It's beautiful!). Needless to say to this group, I was hooked and never looked back. Today "The Carlyle Collection" takes up a shelf and a half of my DVD cabinet.

Comment

Originally posted by Luciana View Post
                                I have a headache. I need some distracting thunk. o.o
                                Aww. I'll go with the heavy stuff then.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X