Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RhineGold View Post
    Hey, everyone! <3

Okay, so the ER didn't work out last night because the hospital was overcome by a huge accident so we just went home because it would have been like 1 am before we were seen and Matthew had to go to work. First thing today, we went and got X-rays and a very sweet gentleman (who was Irish, which was lovely) looked me over and poked and prodded me. No hernia, no ruptured discs. I pulled my back, not just sprained it, so the muscles are all swollen and pushing into my organs and spine! D: BUT! The medicine he gave me should clear it up and make it stop hurting, which is the part I am most excited about! And then I can sleep!
    Oh, well, I hope that your medicine will be effective, the pains of back it is so terrible (I have no it I even but my mother sometimes can remain to block during a whole day because of the pain).
    What you can sleep in any case is a good thing ^^
    massages would good to you, no?
    Last edited by Duval; 21 March 2012, 10:42 AM.
    sigpic
    by AresLover452 ^^

Comment

I read all the tweets, it is funny, tempts me to try again to send him tweets, well, he is so simple and natural in his answers
      sigpic
      by AresLover452 ^^

Comment

Originally posted by NancyP View Post
        He is wonderful. The only problem (for me) is that Aurora now thinks that Robert can solve all her adolescent woes. He really seems to like her a lot and I'm honored that he tweets her/me/us so much. He does seem to have about a dozen or so "favorites," if I can use that word because I can't think of another one - haven't had morning coffee yet.

When he Tweeted her about being bullied at school for being different ("different = unique = cool") she was so good with it even though Grieg and I tell her that all the time. But we're just her parents. Coming from, ROBERT, though, it takes on a whole new dimension. She adores him. And he's so good for her self-confidence. For that, alone, I will love him forever.
        That's really a marvelous story to hear. I'm guessing that due to his size as well as his different family background, I'm pretty sure he was probably picked on too. I'm taking it that your daughter is a teen. Us mothers know absolutely NOTHING according to them. Still, I love how he reinvented the word "different".

Comment

Originally posted by sacredclay View Post
          That's really a marvelous story to hear. I'm guessing that due to his size as well as his different family background, I'm pretty sure he was probably picked on too. I'm taking it that your daughter is a teen. Us mothers know absolutely NOTHING according to them. Still, I love how he reinvented the word "different".
          Almost. She'll be 12 in May but she's in 6th grade and that's Middle School/Junior High so she gets picked on by the dreaded 7th and 8th graders, too. Plus because she's so tiny and petite, they think they have an easy target. (Ha!)
          sigpic

Comment

Have you ever seen "Chef"? That is one of the funniest Brit shows I've ever seen.
            Yes! Love Chef! Lenny Henry, was great. It's too bad, just like Hamish McBeth, they only made a few episodes. I guess we are spoiled here in the states, most shows get a lot more eps.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jeri View Post
              Yes! Love Chef! Lenny Henry, was great. It's too bad, just like Hamish McBeth, they only made a few episodes. I guess we are spoiled here in the states, most shows get a lot more eps.
              He is so good with the one line *devastating* insults - especially in Season One. And I loved the cheese!
              sigpic

Comment

Almost. She'll be 12 in May but she's in 6th grade and that's Middle School/Junior High so she gets picked on by the dreaded 7th and 8th graders, too. Plus because she's so tiny and petite, they think they have an easy target. (Ha!)
                I really think those are the most difficult years, not only is she changing and trying to understand herself, other kids kick one's self esteem almost daily. It's those bullies who are really having the worst time, I think. That's why they pick on others, there's probably no family support, or the wrong kind, and they will grow up twisted and hurt a lot of people along the way. The bullies I knew growing up where so spoiled at home or totally neglected, and it did them so much harm later in life.

I think the best thing we can do for kids is to help them stand up to bullies, parents make sure they know they are loved and secure at home. When your kid stands up to a bully, she's not only helping herself, but maybe some of it will sink in on those kids who bully. I know, I'm an optimist!

And wow! What a great response, "different=unique=cool" Wonderful! I wish someone had told me that when I was young.
                sigpic

Comment

He is so good with the one line *devastating* insults - especially in Season One. And I loved the cheese!
                  I love to see that show again, it's been a long time.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LT. COL. John Sheppard View Post
                    ^
                    Cool new sig, Shep! Now you need to do one for Sheppard in a classic James Bond style, "Sheppard, John Sheppard"
                    sigpic

Comment

I really think those are the most difficult years, not only is she changing and trying to understand herself, other kids kick one's self esteem almost daily. It's those bullies who are really having the worst time, I think. That's why they pick on others, there's probably no family support, or the wrong kind, and they will grow up twisted and hurt a lot of people along the way. The bullies I knew growing up where so spoiled at home or totally neglected, and it did them so much harm later in life.

I think the best thing we can do for kids is to help them stand up to bullies, parents make sure they know they are loved and secure at home. When your kid stands up to a bully, she's not only helping herself, but maybe some of it will sink in on those kids who bully. I know, I'm an optimist!

And wow! What a great response, "different=unique=cool" Wonderful! I wish someone had told me that when I was young.
                      When I was growing up, if there had been Twitter and John Lennon had said that to me, I would have been able to endure anything. Robert's so encouraging! I try to be, too. Last week she asked me to send him her love. This week he threw her a lifeline.
                      sigpic

Comment

When I was growing up, if there had been Twitter and John Lennon had said that to me, I would have been able to endure anything. Robert's so encouraging! I try to be, too. Last week she asked me to send him her love. This week he threw her a lifeline.
                        It's good karma, or good vibes, whatever, it's good.
                        sigpic

Comment

Here's my expression now:

My computer is threatening me now, "your disk is full" No more Photoshop today My brother, Computer Boy, has a new, larger, faster disk sitting here to install, but he's not here today.) I have a back up disk and an extra disk, but it won't take these files for some reason! I'm sure it's something I'm not doing right.
                          sigpic

Comment

Muaaa, I too would have like that somebody as RC says to me that to be different it is cool. H'mm, especially when at the house it is the chaos and when you undergo all the insults silently I am not dissatisfied with having gone out of the adolescence, now, I hope that your daughter will not undergo the tyrants for such a long time or that she learns to face them ^^ But already, the tweet of RC has to help
                            sigpic
                            by AresLover452 ^^

Comment

Originally posted by RhineGold View Post
                              Hey, everyone! <3

Okay, so the ER didn't work out last night because the hospital was overcome by a huge accident so we just went home because it would have been like 1 am before we were seen and Matthew had to go to work. First thing today, we went and got X-rays and a very sweet gentleman (who was Irish, which was lovely) looked me over and poked and prodded me. No hernia, no ruptured discs. I pulled my back, not just sprained it, so the muscles are all swollen and pushing into my organs and spine! D: BUT! The medicine he gave me should clear it up and make it stop hurting, which is the part I am most excited about! And then I can sleep!
                              Hope you're feeling better and it stopped hurting!
                              Since my horse is retired and I don't have much other opportunities to ride I have to be more carefull with my back. And falling from my friends horse wasn't good either. I try to keep it always warm, but once in a while I have a lumbago. And then only painkillers would help.

*hugs carefully*
                              sigpic

Comment

My computer is threatening me now, "your disk is full" No more Photoshop today My brother, Computer Boy, has a new, larger, faster disk sitting here to install, but he's not here today.) I have a back up disk and an extra disk, but it won't take these files for some reason! I'm sure it's something I'm not doing right.
                                You know what I would recommend.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X