Robert Carlyle/Dr Nicholas Rush Thunk/Appreciation thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RhineGold View Post
    I knew it! ...Louis Ferreira is also pretty not tall - I always pegged him for about my dad's height, which would make him 2-3 inches taller than RC. (That's enough for me... I like the idea of him being a bit bigger and stronger than Rush, but not too much...)

(I'm glad you have Internet back - I've missed you! <3)
    Aw, shucks! Imagine that! A short person missing a tall one. Yes, I'm a "witch". Mwuah!

Comment

Originally posted by jeri View Post
      I've had a jar of marinated artichoke hearts on my counter for a least a month now, would somebody please come over and open it for me?
      I'll send my homeboy, Colonel young over to you right now. You need a real man to do these things.

Comment

Originally posted by Mrs. Rush View Post
        *sigh* RC is so, so good to look at. I am going back now and watching SG1 for the first time...I have to admit...I am gaining a crush on Daniel too. This is a slippery slope my friends. A slippery slope that involves lots and lots of unnecessary photoshops.
        (Holds out a hand to help you from slipping further down the slope. Yanks it back at the last second) Buh-Bye! Been there, done that!

Comment

I wondered if they made a point of casting someone who would be bigger than RC, but not too big, so that fighting wouldn't appear too much one sided. If the Colonel was any taller, bigger, it would just be bullying.
          In a lot of scenes, RC would be filmed either sitting down, standing further away from others, or standing at an elevated landing, etc. The camera angles is also filmed so as to minimize the height differences between him and the rest of the cast members. In "Twin Destinies",
          Spoiler:
          when everyone went through the gate to get to the other Destiny to get all the spare items, our Rush came through last and walked through the crowd, you'll noticed how small he really is.
          It doesn't lessen him as a man/person. You just become more aware of how awesome and talented he is to make you forget his height and focus much more on his characters. Literally larger than life, so to speak.

Comment

If you have a LJ, you can vote for your favorite sci-fi characters in the SF March Madness poll:

http://sf-marchmadness.livejournal.com

Bracket 2 includes SGU and Dr. Rush! - but he's currently losing to Eli! D:
            Last edited by RhineGold; 08 March 2012, 04:53 AM.
            sigpic

Comment

I wondered if they made a point of casting someone who would be bigger than RC, but not too big, so that fighting wouldn't appear too much one sided. If the Colonel was any taller, bigger, it would just be bullying.
              It's true - if Young was like 6 feet tall, if would be really horrible for them to fight (it's already pretty one-sided already...). But still, he managed to knock Greer down that sanddune and he's a lot bigger than him... I love the way Rush fights (RC always just flings himself at people with such violence - it makes up for him being a small guy).
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by sacredclay View Post
                In a lot of scenes, RC would be filmed either sitting down, standing further away from others, or standing at an elevated landing, etc. The camera angles is also filmed so as to minimize the height differences between him and the rest of the cast members. In "Twin Destinies",
                Spoiler:
                when everyone went through the gate to get to the other Destiny to get all the spare items, our Rush came through last and walked through the crowd, you'll noticed how small he really is.
                It doesn't lessen him as a man/person. You just become more aware of how awesome and talented he is to make you forget his height and focus much more on his characters. Literally larger than life, so to speak.
                I was wondering about the camera angles. Sometimes he seems on level with some people that I know are taller than him... Plus his shoes seem to have a bit of a heel to them? I don't understand why there's this push for actors to all look taller than they are. I think it's awesome that he's tiny. It makes him very interesting given how scrappy and tough he can be, despite his size. RC can play anything, no matter how tall he is or isn't!

Aw, shucks! Imagine that! A short person missing a tall one. Yes, I'm a "witch". Mwuah!
                I am shocked! Shocked, I say!
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Czarina View Post
                  dammit! everywhere, I am a day late and a dollar short. oh well, I am no one's daddy...probably good...
                  I'll let Colonel Young be your daddy for the day if that'll make you feel better.

Comment

I was wondering about the camera angles. Sometimes he seems on level with some people that I know are taller than him... Plus his shoes seem to have a bit of a heel to them? I don't understand why there's this push for actors to all look taller than they are. I think it's awesome that he's tiny. It makes him very interesting given how scrappy and tough he can be, despite his size. RC can play anything, no matter how tall he is or isn't! I am shocked! Shocked, I say!
                    When people go to movie theaters, they'd see these actors as larger than life and consequently, think that they must be so in real life. We think Robert Redford is very tall, but in reality, he's not. The height differences on films would be just too distracting visually so it makes more sense to have everyone on an even keel. When Rush threw Riley's against the bulkhead, the actor who played the gentle man, bent down a lot, to make it look like he lost his footings but it was actually to put him on the same eye level with RC. Did it really matter? In real life, probably not, but visually, on the film,it probably did. We already know what a powerhouse RC is.

Comment

Been working on this for weeks. Hope you like the results. I thought it so totally worthy...

Redemption24.jpg
                      sigpic

Comment

Ok, which font is that so I can go translate? Or will you have mercy on me and just tell me what it says?
                        Its that ancient font that Lt. Shep has been using in his sigs which, by the way, are AMAZING.
                        Anyways mine says "Don't worry ladies, we have science and we know how to use it."

I don't have a thing for nerds, why do you ask? ......

(Holds out a hand to help you from slipping further down the slope. Yanks it back at the last second) Buh-Bye! Been there, done that!
                        NO!!!!! HELP sacredclay!!!!! *reaches out, falls*

Next thing you know....I will be making FAN ART! *gasp* .......

wait.......
                        Spoiler:

Crap.

Spoiler:

sorry about the bad photo, its a web cam pic

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by mi_guard View Post
                          easier to say than to do
                          See? I did it!
                          sigpic

Comment

From my perspective of 5'9", anything below that is "SHORT". Internet is back on, so now I can pester all of you again. Interacting with real people was just way too weird for me. [
                            Good to have you back!

Originally posted by mi_guard View Post
                            Do you ever stop counting?

We should have a fangirl farm and have him come help us!
                            Yeah, we could grow more fangirls.

I am reasonably sure that no RC fans have ever died on this thread, although, there are some missing? Just mostly fainting and melting.
                            It's his power, brings us back to live every time

OMG.
                            http://i1078.photobucket.com/albums/...internatio.jpg
                            I can't STAND how hot he is.
                            *faint*
                            *faints*
                            see above

I can't open jars, either! D: My hands are also ridiculously small...
                            I buy my gloves in child size

*sigh* RC is so, so good to look at. I am going back now and watching SG1 for the first time...I have to admit...I am gaining a crush on Daniel too. This is a slippery slope my friends. A slippery slope that involves lots and lots of unnecessary photoshops.
                            Have fun with it. How far are you? I'm with the GW rewatch in S8, although I didn't have time this month so far, but this evening looks good.
                            sigpic

Comment

It's true - if Young was like 6 feet tall, if would be really horrible for them to fight (it's already pretty one-sided already...). But still, he managed to knock Greer down that sanddune and he's a lot bigger than him... I love the way Rush fights (RC always just flings himself at people with such violence - it makes up for him being a small guy).
                              Yeah, I love his fight tactics too. Most of the "little" guys I've known usually won the fights they were in, they just try harder. It seems like big guys, like my brother, rely on their bulk and don't usually learn to fight well. My brother got whumped by a guy about RC's size. He said he was really surprised by that. Haha, I laughed. Of course that was our crazy neighbor, who is nuts, and that might be part of it! (BTW, my brother generally avoids fighting.)

I have a good guy friend who claims to be 5'7" but I know he's only 5'6" as I look him straight in the eye, but I'm not going to burst his bubble! He does talk about how growing up being a small guy, fighting becomes an issue to prove ones self, esp. for teenage boys. He's raised 4 boys, who were all taller, haha!

I remember RC saying in an interview that he's this wee guy, and he has this massive shadow, and it's Begbie!
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Cairistiona View Post
                                Yeah, we could grow more fangirls.

It's his power, brings us back to live every time
                                I now have this image of Farmer Bobby watering his fangirl crop, pulling out the weeds around, pulling out a fangirl who seems to be ready.

Yes, he certainly has this power!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X