Robert Carlyle/Dr Nicholas Rush Thunk/Appreciation thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by carmencatalina View Post
    I haven't rewatched it yet - I need to work up to it.
    I've just watched the end, not entire episode. Not sure when I can start re-watching episodes again. Both season 1 and season 2.
    sigpic

Comment

Hi girls, I've finished it, too!

And I'm sure I will never be able to watch it without some tears...
      sigpic

Comment

I have my season 1 DVD and haven't watched it yet.

I was thinking of maybe waiting for the season 2 DVD (I've pre-ordered it - should get it at the end of the month) and then doing a proper re-watch of the whole thing.
        sigpic
        Goodbye and Good Travels, Destiny!

Comment

Not even special features, audio commentaries? They're tons of fun! Then again it could make one a little said seeing/hearing how much cast loved working on the show and with each other.

I'll be going now. I know I'll be dreaming about Stargate Universe tonight. Take care, y'all.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Egle01 View Post
            Not even special features, audio commentaries?
            Nothing! I've saved it for just this moment, when there would be no new SGU and I would be sad and pathetic!

Good night!
            sigpic
            Goodbye and Good Travels, Destiny!

Comment

Hey all, I've come here for a bit of internet support.

I've been stupidly feeling the need to defend SGU against folks here on GW, instead of just sticking to discussing the show and the complete wonderfulness of Mr. Carlyle, and I just feel battered, bitter, hurt and sad.

I know it is my own fault, but is it ok if I just hang out here with you all for a while? I'm not up to any more, I think.
              I have been getting all worked up just from reading some of the comments but I have been able to stop myself from answering

*hugs*

Originally posted by Egle01 View Post
              Then here's one for you -

Just finished attempt #3 trying to watch the end of "Gauntlet" without tearing up. Of course I failed. Although I am very sad and quite bitter... I do feel happy knowing I have seen such an amazing show. The ending must've made me feel that way. The music was just superb and set that mood. At least for me. (((SGU)))
              I am so in love with the music, I think I'll go and watch the episode again and try not to cry (yeah right )

Originally posted by Artemis-Neith View Post
              It isn't stupid, it's more a fight for the poor underdogs, and you do it very well, carmencatalina. Mr. Carlyle brought me to this place, but the show and all the people who made it, let me stay here, and do one post after the other (well, not that much, but for me it's quite a lot. I'm not the chatty type, normally most of the time).

From time to time I make some short, mostly sarcastic (sorry, but, my way to handle this whole, terible ... cancellation) posts: 1) not to lose it, cos of my poor English, and 2) not to get banned, cos I have problems to keep my temper, while reading about those sucker-remarks ().

I still think, he's the best written character of the show. But all the other grew on me during the time, and I won't miss any of them, not Scott, not Chloe, not all those recurring "Nonames" I do remember in between.

Anyway, I'm sad.
              *hugs*

I will miss all of the characters (even Scott! ) and every single thing about it *sigh*

I was thinking of maybe waiting for the season 2 DVD (I've pre-ordered it - should get it at the end of the month) and then doing a proper re-watch of the whole thing.
              I will do a re-watch when I get the DVD for sure
              sigpic
              Sig by Everlovin My YT|My other vid site|My LJ|My Photobucket|My ImageShack|"Stargate is life, Sam and Jack are happiness, Shippers are almighty" by hlndncr

Comment

I liked the ending. It managed to give some sense of closure while still leaving things open ended.

I'm very sad to see this show go but intelligent sci fi TV seems to be an endangered species. I'll always love Dr Who (my first sci fi show, so many years ago) and Fringe is OK but what else is left?

I hadn't even planned to watch Universe originally (as previous stargate shows weren't my thing), but then a certain Scottish Dr caught my eye and and by the end I was totally invested in the whole crew and Destiny too.

I rate Rush as one of my favourite sci fi and tv characters of all time and I don't think I've seen a better performance by an actor on any TV show. I'm really disappointed we don't get to see the rest of his story but I'll try to be grateful for two years of wonderful TV.

Comment

just found out that another show I like has been cancelled it is 'Lie to Me'
                  so I do not even get the consolation price

I would have loved to see Robert Carlyle and Tim Roth working together - that would have rocked
                  Grimm returns October 24
                  sigpic

Signature and Avatar by Hyndara71 - Thank you very much
                  Profile Picture by BM-Shipper

Comment

Originally posted by mi_guard View Post
                    just found out that another show I like has been cancelled it is 'Lie to Me'
                    so I do not even get the consolation price

I would have loved to see Robert Carlyle and Tim Roth working together - that would have rocked
                    I thought that show was really popular? *scratches head*

I would so love those two working together also
                    sigpic
                    Sig by Everlovin My YT|My other vid site|My LJ|My Photobucket|My ImageShack|"Stargate is life, Sam and Jack are happiness, Shippers are almighty" by hlndncr

Comment

Is this the appropriate place to post links to some photos you chicks may not have...I haven't looked through the entire post, but I think the ones I have may be unique, or at least, different. I've been told to not hotlink, which means do not put the pic directly on the page, but a link to it...I'm at photobucket, and I'm not sure which code to use...

Czarina here...when will I be able to update my profile?
                      You can refuse to know something, but you cannot escape the consequences of that refusal.~~ me

Comment

Originally posted by Czarina View Post
                        Is this the appropriate place to post links to some photos you chicks may not have...I haven't looked through the entire post, but I think the ones I have may be unique, or at least, different. I've been told to not hotlink, which means do not put the pic directly on the page, but a link to it...I'm at photobucket, and I'm not sure which code to use...
                        Welcome!

To post pics use the code that says IMG code, it should start with [IMG]...

Feel free to post pictures (please put them in spoiler tags if they are spoilery)

Czarina here...when will I be able to update my profile?
                        Uhm, I don't know exactly but I think you need to have like 20 posts
                        sigpic

Comment

The forum rules, I thought, said to post only SGU photos here, and yes, I've seen others...so that isn't hotlinking?
                          You can refuse to know something, but you cannot escape the consequences of that refusal.~~ me

Comment

I hope I am not screwing anything up by posting these...and I hope that they are *new*ish, but 900 pages is a lot to look through. I have been doing that for some time now, and decided to join in. Cz.

Since I went there, I posted a pic of the wife...someone want to fill me in on ?

Cz

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Czarina View Post
                                The forum rules, I thought, said to post only SGU photos here, and yes, I've seen others...so that isn't hotlinking?
                                Not if you are getting them from your Photobucket

Happy 18000 posts! (well, as happy as we can get)

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X