Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He is always mainly a sci-fi geek. He does something useful in the next episode.
    Last edited by Infinite-Possibilities; 16 December 2012, 09:17 PM.
    "First Weir, then Samantha Carter, and now, you! It's a pity you humans die or get reassigned so easily, or I might have a sense of satisfaction now!"

*You got the touch! You got the poweeeeer!*

"Arise, Woolseyus Prime."

"Elizabeth..."

Comment

Eli evolves profoundly over the course of the show. An episode where you see the beginning of this is 'Time'- near the end of the ep. By the end of the show he is a very good character.

Comment

I'm willing to put up with him if we do see him grow and man up as the show progresses.

Comment

Originally posted by Snowman37 View Post
          I'm willing to put up with him if we do see him grow and man up as the show progresses.
          Eli was always griping and moaning and was a bit of a grass, always telling on rush like a school kid, with serious delusions of grandeur, he was a computer geek after all.a gamer who couldn't cut MIT.
          Plus that tee-shirt he where's does my nut in
          Never Leave A Man Behind...or a Jaffa for that matter

Comment

Originally posted by sgelite View Post
            with serious delusions of grandeur, he was a computer geek after all.a gamer who couldn't cut MIT.
            Actually, if you'd care to give him a little credit, he didn't take O'Neill or Rush seriously when they turned up on his doorstep. He wasn't all "ME ME ME ME" he just laughed in their faces and didn't think they could really want him. His character was in my opinion not confident and full of doubt about himself.

As for being a gamer.. yes we saw him playing a game. That doesn't mean thats all he does and as for dropping out of MIT his mother had health problems. That can screw up anyones education (as it did mine) it doesn't mean he wasn't talented or a good student.

I like Eli. Granted I do think his character is a bit of a mummies boy but that changes on destiny when he has to actually do things to survive with his fellow crewmates. I think Eli was there in the show to be the link to the younger audiences to be honest. He's the geek that solves stuff that many young people dream of being (even though they never will lol).

I also like Rush. I don't think Rush is actually the bad guy to be honest. Misunderstood yes, a bit naive yes, narrowminded yes but he's never intentionally tried to hurt anyone or get them killed. Young was the one putting unfair pressure on him to get people home with no physical way of dialling back to earth and the way I see it Rush got fed up with everyone accusing him and just went along with it.

Comment

I would say Space is the start when he can't rely on Rush any more
              Originally posted by aretood2
              Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                I would say Space is the start when he can't rely on Rush any more
                I disagree. I like Eli but he's been wrong about things a few times - he caused the crew to be sent back 2000 years remember?!

Rush on the other hand was always the one who didn't want to 'rush' things because he knew there were always other factors to take into account. As much as many disliked Rush because the show typecasted him as the bad guy, he was actually very considerate about trying to ensure as many people as possible survived.

Comment

Completely different scenario. The question wasn't when Eli was a genius and perfect in science but when he stopped being immature
                  Jelgate is right

Comment

Well going by that, the very last episode showed him to be immature when he says to young that he's better than Rush. Most people don't care who is better than who.. thats kids talk.

Comment

Sure they do when it comes to problems that need to be solved. Its a statement of fact of who is more intelligent to solve a problem. Its nothing to do with immaturaity. Its just that Eli is more likely to solve the problem that Rush because he is smarter than Rush
                      Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by Energizer_Vs_ZPM View Post
                        I disagree.
                        Spoiler:
                        I like Eli but he's been wrong about things a few times - he caused the crew to be sent back 2000 years remember?!

Rush on the other hand was always the one who didn't want to 'rush' things because he knew there were always other factors to take into account. As much as many disliked Rush because the show typecasted him as the bad guy, he was actually very considerate about trying to ensure as many people as possible survived.

Hey, spoilers dude. There is a first time viewer in this thread.
                        Last edited by Infinite-Possibilities; 23 December 2012, 10:47 AM.
                        "First Weir, then Samantha Carter, and now, you! It's a pity you humans die or get reassigned so easily, or I might have a sense of satisfaction now!"

*You got the touch! You got the poweeeeer!*

"Arise, Woolseyus Prime."

"Elizabeth..."

Comment

Sure they do when it comes to problems that need to be solved. Its a statement of fact of who is more intelligent to solve a problem. Its nothing to do with immaturaity. Its just that Eli is more likely to solve the problem that Rush because he is smarter than Rush
                          Eli being more intelligent than Rush is a matter of opinion. I don't think he's more intelligent than Rush but unlike Rush I do think he sees things from a different perspective and things of things that Rush wouldn't when it comes to problem solving.

Comment

Who is smarter than who is ultimately irrelvent as the point is their is nothing immature about saying who is more skilled for a task
                            Jelgate is right

Comment

I don't think Eli is necessarily smarter than Rush. He is very immature at first but seriously, his major story arc is growing up into a man. I think the final episode of the second season really brings the journey of him maturing full circle.

Comment

Who is smarter than who is ultimately irrelvent as the point is their is nothing immature about saying who is more skilled for a task
                                Eli is not smarter than Rush. He may have different ideas for solving problems than Rush but that doesn't make him smarter. Rush did after all crack the code that Eli couldn't.

Comment

Working...
                                X