This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by morrismike View Post
    It is unrealistic to think that a successful franchise can add "in your face" elements that annoy your core veiwers without there being consequences. For god sakes, women left the franchise in droves (SGU was second to last in women viewer percentage) because of the objectification of women and really bad drama. Was chasing the women off really necessary? Did the things that chased the women off add one single viewer from another group? SGU drove fans aways of every variety and didn't make gains of any type among any group. TPTW didn't please any demographic.
    Stargate was never a show that had a big female audience in the first place.
    Originally posted by aretood2
    Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
      Stargate was never a show that had a big female audience in the first place.
      It was far from the bottom. Wrestling cremed SGU with regards to women viewership %.

Comment

It was far from the bottom. Wrestling cremed SGU with regards to women viewership %.
        This statement lacks proof
        Jelgate is right

Comment

This statement lacks proof
          I will find the link. This was posted some time back and there was one just one show with lower % female viewership.

Comment

It would be pointless as like I said Stargate was never big in the female demo
            Jelgate is right

Comment

It would be pointless as like I said Stargate was never big in the female demo
              With regards to this thread it isn't. The premise is that conservatived killed SGU when the fact is that having a 45 year old white male viewership is an indication conservative are about the only ones loyal to the show - I'm sure you agree with this. It's pointless for us to argue about low viewership if we don't focus on the segments of viewers that don't give the show a shot, or worse yet those segments (that watched SGA) turning their back on the show.

I did some searching and it is harder than I thought to find something posted a long time ago.
              http://www.gateworld.net/news/2010/0...tings-summary/
              http://forums.scifi-nexus.com/showth...r-ratio-of-SGU
              http://io9.com/5385276/did-sgus-wome...wrong-universe

This is all I've found so far. I sent an email to the man with the answers and hopefully I can post some links.

Comment

With regards to this thread it isn't. The premise is that conservatived killed SGU when the fact is that having a 45 year old white male viewership is an indication conservative are about the only ones loyal to the show - I'm sure you agree with this. It's pointless for us to argue about low viewership if we don't focus on the segments of viewers that don't give the show a shot, or worse yet those segments (that watched SGA) turning their back on the show.

I did some searching and it is harder than I thought to find something posted a long time ago.
                http://www.gateworld.net/news/2010/0...tings-summary/
                http://io9.com/5385276/did-sgus-wome...wrong-universe

This is all I've found so far. I sent an email to the man with the answers and hopefully I can post some links.
                Sterotypes get you no where. The poltical ideology of conservatism comes in many shapes and sizes.
                Jelgate is right

Comment

Sterotypes get you no where. The poltical ideology of conservatism comes in many shapes and sizes.
                  So what you're saying is just because that segment of society widely thought of (based on statistics) to be the most conservative happens to be the most loyal to the show means those people killed the show? I understand perfectly now.

Comment

So what you're saying is just because that segment of society widely thought of (based on statistics) to be the most conservative happens to be the most loyal to the show means those people killed the show? I understand perfectly now.
                    No. I never said that.
                    Jelgate is right

Comment

No. I never said that.
                      It just kills you that I'm correct, doesn't it?

Comment

It just kills you that I'm correct, doesn't it?
                        We'll never know until you are correct.
                        Jelgate is right

Comment

It is unrealistic to think that a successful franchise can add "in your face" elements that annoy your core veiwers without there being consequences. For god sakes, women left the franchise in droves (SGU was second to last in women viewer percentage) because of the objectification of women
                          When did that ever happen?

Comment

Originally posted by KEK View Post
                            More than you think, and frankly, just because *you* did not see it does not mean it did not exist.
                            sigpic
                            ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
                            A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
                            The truth isn't the truth

Comment

I'd have to say I'm still slightly nervous about the size of the stereotyped groups being used: all/most middle-aged men are (which ever persuasion you said). Etc. Same could be stereotyped in the UK: country are conservative, townies are left-wing. The north is working class and thus left-wing, the south has the money and therefore right-wing. Except, on polling night, looking at the coloured map of the country as the results of the votes come in, it's a long way from the stereotype. A very long way.

Comment

Originally posted by KEK View Post
                                Indeed. When?
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X