This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by morrismike View Post
    I'm not sure why a thread was even started hinting conservatives killed the show with the demographic being older male viewers and so few women watching.
    Because the thread starter claims Brad Wright made a similar claim or insinuation, but is unable to provide a quote. Probably because he never actually said it. Besides, the age and gender demographics tell us nothing about the political leanings of the audience.

Comment

Originally posted by carmencatalina View Post
      As a woman, I would like to point out that SGU had plenty of female viewers. In fact, when the numbers were posted here on GW on the ratings thread, I'm pretty sure the female demographic, while lower than the male, was not far off from a lot of other Syfy shows.

Green to whomever tracks them down for me, with comparison to other shows!
      send a pm to BrianGate or tvbythenumbers - SGU is close to the worst tv show of all time for female viewers.

Comment

Well, I wasn't talking about Syfy, was I? I didn't mention Syfy at all, I was discussing your use of the term "low quality".
        The people making the decisions are SyFy, so why would any other viewpoint be relevant?

Comment

A link for the demos, male/female and ages for Syfy scripted shows from Fall 2009. This includes SGU first 10 eps.

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/200...se-and-eureka/

Gender Lines Drawn for SGU: Women like it MUCH less, Young Men, MUCH more

Some of you love SGU, and some of you love to hate it! It would be interesting to see the comments pro and against sorted by gender. In the ratings there is a clear divide. It's Syfy's most popular show with young men 18-34 in Live+SD viewing, and young men 18-34 are pretty much the holy grail of advertising since they are oft-cited as the most elusive group to reach with television advertising. But with women 18-49, and 18-34, SGU was the worst-performing of the four scripted Syfy shows that ranked in the top 50.

Comment

send a pm to BrianGate or tvbythenumbers - SGU is close to the worst tv show of all time for female viewers.
            "Of all time"? According to the link, it was the worst of the four shows listed (Warehouse13, Eureka, BSG, and SGU).
            sigpic
            Goodbye and Good Travels, Destiny!

Comment

It took me forever, but I finally found the information I was looking for:

http://geekfurious.blogspot.com/2011...t-viewers.html

SGU had 71% male (29% female)

For comparison, Smallville shows up here as 64% male (36% female), Supernatural is an even 50/50, Caprica was 66% male (34% female), Sanctuary 63% male (37% female).

But it isn't the most male biased - something called "Archer" was 72% male.
              sigpic
              Goodbye and Good Travels, Destiny!

Comment

For comparison, Smallville shows up here as 64% male (36% female), Supernatural is an even 50/50, Caprica was 66% male (34% female), Sanctuary 63% male (37% female).

lmao, if you ever getting around to watching Archer, you'll find out quickly why it's watched mostly by Men.

Comment

Originally posted by Republibot 3.0 View Post
                  In what world does "Right Wing" and "Conservative" not equal the same thing?
                  [Correcting to add other types...]This was brought up a page or two back: depends on whether the originator of the thread meant politically conservative (i.e. right wing) or (ignoring politics) some other form of "conservative with a small 'c'", e.g. socially/philosophically conservative i.e. reluctant to embrace change or economically conservative, i.e. very cautious with money.

Comment

A lot of SGU viewers were watching because it was the only SG available.
                    It's hard to know (apart from reviews in forums like this) whether they enjoyed watching it or really had to force themselves and only stuck with it (till it got better?) because it was an/the-only SG show.

Comment

A lot of SGU viewers were watching because it was the only SG available.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by KEK View Post
                        Because the thread starter claims Brad Wright made a similar claim or insinuation, but is unable to provide a quote. Probably because he never actually said it. Besides, the age and gender demographics tell us nothing about the political leanings of the audience.
                        He's said some pretty ridiculous things and I wouldn't be surprised he said it.

Comment

Sorry about having to bring you back to earth on that. The non-SG females just didn't get it for some reason. Most of us just assumed it was the silly drama stuff that was taking time from the storyline, which may be wrong but its easy for us to focus on the things we find offensive as a cause for a problem. A lot of the issue is that dudes will watch whatever is available (scifi wise). The fact there were so few women could have even reduced the viewing by husbands and family members. I know my mom didn't like "Married with Children" and it wasn't watched if she was physically in the house.

Comment

Originally posted by sidmo001 View Post
                            lmao, if you ever getting around to watching Archer, you'll find out quickly why it's watched mostly by Men.
                            Hot chicks?

Comment

Hot chicks?
                              BEYOND filthy...
                              Sincerely,

Kevin Long
                              (The Artist Formerly Known As Republibot 3.0)
                              http://www.kevin-long.com

Comment

Originally posted by Republibot 3.0 View Post
                                BEYOND filthy...
                                I was just looking for my DVD's of Lexx today.............
                                sigpic
                                ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
                                A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
                                The truth isn't the truth

Comment

Working...
                                X