What to watch after SGU?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
    What ratings report have you been reading? No Ordinary Family has the second lowest numbers on ABC
    The ratings reports that say that No Ordinary Family is in the top 5 GENRE programs. Not the top 5 PROGRAMS - of course the genre has been doing poorly in ratings this season as a whole but No Ordinary Family is usually up there as like the #3 or #4 most watched series among the SF/Fantasy genre shows. I could be wrong about recent weeks but that's how it was before Christmas.

I've been trying not to focus on ratings since Christmas because I know if I do it will only depress me and keep me from enjoying these great shows. I can't watch them all live but I choose to watch Fringe and SGU because they're the best genre series on right now aside from The Walking Dead which is in hiatus.
    That is just my two cents.

Comment

Originally posted by KEK View Post

"Welcome to Terra Nova" sounds suspiciously like "Welcome to Pandora" given who the actor is, I wonder if it was a little nod to Avatar.
      Both of the series looks awsome. An Spillberge seem to be getting back into his TV series again, which almost always never fails to impress me and we got two in one year. May be next he will do that second season of Taken he promise us fans.

Taken is a great mini series by the way.

Invasion Earth was a good mini series from the BBC, the ending is perfect.

Odyssey 5

First wave

Haven is cool tv show.
      The Dresden files
      The Invisible man
      Tremors (so bad it was actually kinda good.)
      John Doe
      Charlie Jade (yet to find a descent place to watch through)

Always thought Deepwater Black was good.
      Last edited by knowles2; 13 March 2011, 12:58 AM.

Comment

one show i've noticed that no one has mentioned yet is Eureka. Is that any good? I was kind of intrigued by it from the crossover with Warehouse, although it felt like it would be such a sweet happy ending show that it makes your teeth hurt.

Comment

Originally posted by themeatcleaver View Post
          one show i've noticed that no one has mentioned yet is Eureka. Is that any good? I was kind of intrigued by it from the crossover with Warehouse, although it felt like it would be such a sweet happy ending show that it makes your teeth hurt.
          Would say its fun, very light hearted show. But it does start to have story arcs in its later seasons aswell.

Comment

Try Mad Men although not sci-fi or mystery..great show!
            sigpic

Comment

Eureka airs in the season(s) around SGU's air times. So it's not really a replacement for SGU. Same with Warehouse 13. Without those season breaks would probably be much more grating. Nice to see other content coming into play. But having to learn a whole new mythology behind whatever new series might be too high a learning curve for some. i.e. Time better spent in other pursuits.

Comment

So I'm trying to expand my horizons a bit and once I've got no more SGU to watch, I'll need something for my fix. Any recommendations for series I might like, syfy or otherwise, to latch on to?

Difficulty, I've already seen BSG, and Firefly and really dont care for Star Trek and Farscape for some reason.

Okay, go!

I believe that we should learn from mistakes, and stop watching SF when it has the form of "season-based tv shows".

The main problem is that the producers are not telling to the writers and directors "you have the budget for exactly N episodes. Nothing more, nothing less. ". This would allow a meaningful spanning of the main plot over the total number of episodes.

If the producer is not guaranteeing a certain number of episodes it's not worth watching the show.

Another problem with tv shows is the standard 45 minutes duration which sometimes hurts the quality.

Comment

i just cant get past the muppets! how did you people manage it??
                  I hear ya. I could get past the muppets but the over the top acting and constant insanity were a turn off. It was like a bizarre S&M children's show.

As for what to watch: Fringe of course. It was the second priority after SGU. I would say try Outcasts but BBC cancelled it. Guess it wasn't campy enough. I'm looking forward to Game of Thrones on HBO (just added it for that) I like Justified a lot but that's not sci-fi or fantasy at all. As for space exploration, I don't think there's going to be anything on TV any time soon as it seems the trend is monsters and alien invasions. If it's a space show it seems to have to be about war and killing or it won't succeed.

I'm choosing to Boycott Syfy, there's nothing on there for me.
                  I love SGU and I even like the other two SGU prequel shows

Comment

Hmm.

Somehow that slipped passed my radar. I'll have to check it out.

Oh yeah, I'd suggest any show in my sig!
                    Babylon 5 - Farscape - Lost - Deadwood - Rome - Carnivale - Dexter - Sopranos - The Wire

Comment

I think I'm going to watch Warehouse 13.
                      sigpic

SGU Continued....

Comment

I just started watching Doctor Who. After that I am planing to watch Torchwood (off topic question: after which series of Doctor Who I should turn on Torchwood?) and Outcasts looks really interesting. Does it end on a cliffhanger? (I suppose so, right? )
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Janus View Post
                          I think I'm going to watch Warehouse 13.
                          And totally forgot to mention Dr Who, which is extremely good.
                          sigpic

SGU Continued....

Comment

Originally posted by Janus View Post
                            And totally forgot to mention Dr Who, which is extremely good.
                            Yes. It really is, and I only watched the first two episodes.
                            sigpic

Comment

Well Heres My 2¢

- Burn Notice (USA) New Season Coming Summer 2011

- White Collar (USA) Season Premiers June 7 at 9/8c

- Psych (USA) New Season Coming Summer 2011

- Sanctuary (SyFy) Returns April 15 at 10/9c

- Warehouse 13 (SyFy) Seres Returns 2011

- Community (NBC) Thursdays 8/7c

- No Ordinary Family (ABC) Tuesdays 8/7c

- That 70's Show (Teen Nick) Weeknights at 10/9c

Comment

I'm not the most hardcore sci-fi fan on the planet, but I gotta admit that I enjoy following a sci-fi show on a regular basis. It makes me think about something other than "real life" for a few minutes and that's something important for me. It captivates my imagination and I gotta say that I need it...

Well, now that stargate is over, what should I watch? I've already seen all of SG1, SGA, SGU, BSG (kinda hated how it always was about god and religion). I've watched most of the first two seasons of Eureka, I loved it. I've also watched the first season of deep space nine. I though it was okay, but I didn't bother for the other 6 seasons, the DVDs are way too expensive. I used to watch 24 and Lost too, unfortunately those shows are over too.

I don't have cable so I mostly buy my shows on DVD/Bluray and iTunes.

I watched a few minutes of Sanctuary, it didn't look very good to me. Same for Dr. Who. Torchwood is alright for a few episodes but I got tired of it after a while.

Any suggestions?

Comment

Working...
                                X