Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has SGU being canceled made you not want to watch the rest of season 2?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The really annoying thing, given I only found out about the cancellation about 15 mins ago, is that Season 2 has been fantastic IMO as opposed to Season 1 which contained a lot of lemons. I just know that the rest of Season 2 is going to be awesome and the finale and cliffhanger will be brilliant.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
      Might watch the SGA cross-over one. I just want them to hit the reset button and make it reset to where SGA ended. Like SGU never exsisted.
      yeah, that's what I did with SGA. In my perfect world SGA never existed

but I'll watch 2.5
      Stolen Kosovo
      sigpic

Comment

i'm sure someone will make a fanfic series
        https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Originally posted by hercthx View Post
          hey jmoz i know we are pissed but leave brian alone, no need for that, he is just doing his job ok. he has enough problems right now over at syfy as it is, he is at least taking the time to come over here. you dont see anyone else working for syfy over here do you? no! brian has been a long time stargate fan, and even though he may not share a 100% opinion on sgu with other sgu fans, we should still treat him as a long time stargate fan. GW is a FAN site brian is a fan, please give him the curtosy. we are all hurt in one way or another. to keep things on topic, I will continue to watch the final 10 eps.
          LOL, wth? I was trying to cheer him up bro. Brian's a smart guy. MGM aren't complete idiots. Syfy aren't idiots. lol

Comment

I won't be looking forward to it every week. Despite my not thinking it was a great show, it still was the only show I watched, after Caprica. So, I might wait for all the episodes to build up and then watch them in a marathon or something.

Comment

I'll watch the rest of the season and then I'll buy the DVDs. I live in the hope that MGM will produce a conclusion in the form of either a movie or miniseries straight to DVD. SGU deserves that far more than either of the other series deserve their movies.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
                I'll be watching for sure. But then, in the small minds of American broadcasters, nobody outside the USA exists so I won't be counted anyway.
                Yep, my exact thoughts. I am enjoying season 2. As for Syfy, I was never part of their audience. *shrugs*

I'll be watching the episodes, with some delay, in a local Cable station as well. The actors and the crew deserve all the support we can give them.
                sigpic
                Beautiful signature and avatar by Yamiinsane. You're a mind reader!
                Aristides de Sousa Mendes

Comment

I will be watching, after all I have liked SGU since Air Part 3 and season 2 looks really strong currently (even though I miss the sex scenes). It won't be the same and the finale will probably suck but just ignoring 10 more episodes of SGU wouldn't work for me.
                  In the darkness of night we hear the whispers of the void

Comment

It was better than most eps of SGU.
                    It really wasn't.

Comment

Not really, I still would like to see how far they get with the series. And still hoping to see Chloe turn blue
                      no means no, and so does pepper spray
                      Sig by The Carpenter
                      sigpic

Comment

I'll watch to the end. They'll be an unresolved cliffhanger, but at least the recent cliffhanger will be cleared up. Plus I love the series and don't want to miss a second.
                        Last edited by The Mighty 6 platoon; 19 December 2010, 07:32 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by carmencatalina View Post
                          So here is a question for fans of SGU (if you aren't a fan, and weren't watching, it doesn't really apply, I already know what you will be doing):

Are you going to watch the last 10 episodes?

It would seem that the answer would be a resounding YES, but knowing that the last episode likely (certainly?) ends in a cliffhanger, likely (certainly?) never-to-be-resolved, does that make a difference to you?

And if the answer is yes, do you think you will be able to enjoy the episodes, or does the fact that you know the story won't be finished reduce your enjoyment?

How does cancellation alter the "flavor" of watching a show that you liked?
                          I'll definitely be watching to the very end. I ENJOYED this series, every single moment, and if I'm not going to get any more moments, I'd like to savour the ones I have, even if they end in a cliffhanger. We're not promised, on any show, that we're going to get a resolution, and so being bitter and saying you're not going to watch because the show won't be resolved the way you want it to or at all is a smack to the people that have put in all the time and effort to present you something and I won't do that. I enjoyed this series and damned straight, I'm going to watch it.

Originally posted by Pharaoh Atem View Post
                          i'm sure someone will make a fanfic series
                          I may, once it's all done I'm sure I won't be alone
                          sigpic

SGU-RELATED FANART | IN YOUNG WE TRUST | FANDUMB

Comment

Might watch the SGA cross-over one. I just want them to hit the reset button and make it reset to where SGA ended. Like SGU never exsisted.
                            Well, if we are to express silly wishes that don't stand a chance to be fullfilled, I'd like to get a big reset that would totally erase SGA from existence, along with 2 last seasons of SG-1. There would be SG-1 season 8 (sans season 1 of SGA) and right after that SGU. No SGA to cringe over.

But yeah, if the show is just going to end without a conclusion and go nowhere what is the point? It is like watching only the first two movies of the Lord of the Rings Trilogy.
                            Which is how I prefer to watch it, since IMO Return of the King was the weakest part.

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
                            Personally, I think of Brian as a GateWorlder first.
                            Me too. And all fans are equal, right? Why should he get special treatment because of his job?

Originally posted by Lahela View Post
                            I'll watch the rest of the season and then I'll buy the DVDs. I live in the hope that MGM will produce a conclusion in the form of either a movie or miniseries straight to DVD. SGU deserves that far more than either of the other series deserve their movies.
                            THIS. All of it, but especially the bolded.

Originally posted by The Mighty 6 platoon View Post
                            I'll watch to the end. They'll be an unresolved cliffhanger, but at least the recent cliffhanger will be cleared up. Plus I love the series and don't want to miss a second.
                            Took the words right out of my mouth.

Sure I will be ticked at the cliffhanger, but we already have one, so what difference does it make? Besides I love the series and I can't understand why would I deny myself watching 1/4 of it, especially when it may be all I'll ever get to see? I look forward to watching those last 10 episodes. So much happened and changed in 1.5 and 2.0 seasons that I can't wait to see what else the writers came up with. Besides, 10 additional eps = more Greer!
                            There's a good chance this opinion is shared by Ashizuri
                            sigpic
                            awesome sig by Josiane

Comment

Hey, let's keep the personal fan issues out of this thread please! This thread is not about Brian, it's about whether or not you will watch the remaining season of SGU when it airs.

Rosehawk
                              Gateworld Moderator
                              sigpic

www.facebook.com/pages/DavidNyklFans/402742713123717

Comment

Originally posted by jmoz View Post
                                LOL, wth? I was trying to cheer him up bro. Brian's a smart guy. MGM aren't complete idiots. Syfy aren't idiots. lol
                                Oh man really sorry, just emotions are high, and he has been the focus of some negative energy. without context it looked like he was getting slammed. alot of us SGU fans were the target of smear when the show was running, and I just want to make sure that now the show is done, us SGU fans dont lower ourselves to that same level. the mods are doing a fantasic job of that, but there is only so much they can do.

sorry rosehawk just read your kind warning, i think we all can consider the brian issue closed in this thread.

yes we still have another 10 more episodes that I am positive will bring some excitment. and I am sure that the final episode, although it may not tie everything up in a nice ittle bow, will be done in such away as to put the series to rest, yet not completely close the door to a future continuation or series should another network show interest. The sets are still up, and the docking bay light is still on. The axe has dropped at syfy, no more need to fight, mabey with the cancellation we can just sit back and enjoy the final 10 for what they are, no matter what your opinion. for 10 episode lets ALL just be Stargate fans as this is going to be the last we see for the forseeable future.
                                Last edited by hercthx; 19 December 2010, 08:53 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X