Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has SGU being canceled made you not want to watch the rest of season 2?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
    From you, Brian, I find that genuinely shocking.
    Because, the story has started to really take off, and it won't have that chance to reach that potential. We will be left with a cliffhanger at the end of Season 2, and likely no movie to conclude it. Also, I want to see SGA and SG-1 movies first. which us fans have been waiting over 2 years for this friggin SGA movie.
    sigpic

Comment

Because Enemy at the Gate was a real winner.
      It was better than most eps of SGU.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
        This is a series matter of opinion. Enemy at teh Gate was made even worse - IMO - because it was a series finale. It was one of the most pathetic series finale's I have ever seen (let alone season finales).

Might watch the SGA cross-over one. I just want them to hit the reset button and make it reset to where SGA ended. Like SGU never exsisted.
        Technically, this can happen. SGU was set so far on the fringes that apart from the LA war and such it never has to be actively touched on in any of the future SG1 or SGA movies.

That all being said though, a reset to pretend universally that the series never existed would be amusing. I wonder how many people would love that to be true for SGA? I bet there would be a few. We can't pretend SG1 didn't exist tho .
        Last edited by Deevil; 18 December 2010, 09:26 PM.
        Disclaimer: All opinions stated within this post are relevant to the author herself, and do not in any way represent the opinions of God, Country, The Powers That Be or Greater Fandom.

Any resemblance to aforementioned opinions are purely coincidental.

Comment

*snort*

Because, the story has started to really take off, and it won't have that chance to reach that potential. We will be left with a cliffhanger at the end of Season 2, and likely no movie to conclude it.
          That much I can understand, but it still surprises me that a loyal fan such as yourself wouldn't see it through. The show and franchise deserve as much, don't they?

Ultimately though I do think you'll get your wish re: 'reset'. At least, effectively. With it only being 70-80 people on an isolated ship on a mission that wasn't intended to happen this way, it's more than possible to just go on without mentioning it in a new series/movie.

Also, I want to see SGA and SG-1 movies first. which us fans have been waiting over 2 years for this friggin SGA movie.

At this point I doubt we'll ever see movies for either, but it sure would be nice. Although if an SGA movie never happens I can at least go on pretending that Vegas was the series finale there.
          "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Let's try and play nice, guys. No need to get each other riled up.
            sigpic
            MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
            "...phu...ah..."
            "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
            Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Thia is why you're blamed for SGU's cancellation
              Originally posted by aretood2
              Jelgate is right

Comment

That much I can understand, but it still surprises me that a loyal fan such as yourself wouldn't see it through. The show and franchise deserve as much, don't they?

At this point I doubt we'll ever see movies for either, but it sure would be nice. Although if an SGA movie never happens I can at least go on pretending that Vegas was the series finale there.
                Yeah that EATG comment came from nowhere, it was not the best episode, and SGU had plenty of better ones. I am just annoyed now, lol.

My issue is, if I see the Season 2 finale and there is no closure, it is going to stink, because as a passionate fan would like to see some closure.
                sigpic

Comment

The only way Imma gonna watch the next/final 10 eps is if we know that there is going to be a movie to wrap the series up. I just don't wanna invest my time in a show that's going to go no where...
                  Disclaimer: All opinions stated within this post are relevant to the author herself, and do not in any way represent the opinions of God, Country, The Powers That Be or Greater Fandom.

Comment

Originally posted by Deevil View Post
                    The only way Imma gonna watch the next/final 10 eps is if we know that there is going to be a movie to wrap the series up. I just don't wanna invest my time in a show that's going to go no where...
                    You know what, I am actually with you on that one. I will watch "Seizure" because I miss the SGA cast, but if there is no movie to be announced what is the point? But yeah, if the show is just going to end without a conclusion and go nowhere what is the point? It is like watching only the first two movies of the Lord of the Rings Trilogy.
                    sigpic

Comment

I'll watch it, just to see more of the characters and the Destiny.

It's a real shame it has been cancelled. I was doing my best with hoping for a 3rd season at least, I think it deserved it with the way things were getting more interesting all round.

Comment

You know what, I am actually with you on that one. I will watch "Seizure" because I miss the SGA cast, but if there is no movie to be announced what is the point? But yeah, if the show is just going to end without a conclusion and go nowhere what is the point? It is like watching only the first two movies of the Lord of the Rings Trilogy.
                        LOL, ironically - I've only seen the first 2 movies of the Lord of the Rings .

But yeah. Shows like Space Above and Beyond ended on a cliff hanger - but they could have just died and that's that. This is soooo different to that. I enjoyed, mostly, everything I watched so that doesn't make the show a waste of my time at all - but to continue watching wouldn't be right for me. Nor would buy the DVD's TBH. I need a conclusion dammit!!

Comment

Originally posted by Deevil View Post
                          LOL, ironically - I've only seen the first 2 movies of the Lord of the Rings .

But yeah. Shows like Space Above and Beyond ended on a cliff hanger - but they could have just died and that's that. This is soooo different to that. I enjoyed, mostly, everything I watched so that doesn't make the show a waste of my time at all - but to continue watching wouldn't be right for me. Nor would buy the DVD's TBH. I need a conclusion dammit!!
                          LOL, bad example.
                          sigpic

Comment

LOL, sorry Brian but I'm imagining you like this:

http://i445.photobucket.com/albums/q...ycologists.jpg

but drunk.

Comment

hey jmoz i know we are pissed but leave brian alone, no need for that, he is just doing his job ok. he has enough problems right now over at syfy as it is, he is at least taking the time to come over here. you dont see anyone else working for syfy over here do you? no! brian has been a long time stargate fan, and even though he may not share a 100% opinion on sgu with other sgu fans, we should still treat him as a long time stargate fan. GW is a FAN site brian is a fan, please give him the curtosy. we are all hurt in one way or another. to keep things on topic, I will continue to watch the final 10 eps.

Comment

Personally, I think of Brian as a GateWorlder first.
                                "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Working...
                                X