Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has SGU being canceled made you not want to watch the rest of season 2?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Of course I'll watch the last 10 episodes, this is not a question I'd ask myself. But I absolutely will see them in a different light, knowing we'll (I'll) never get the ending of a story which, imo, started very promising.
    sigpic

Comment

The idea that the story will never be finished has never actually occured to me because: there are a ton of other ways for the story to be finished other than more SGU or a movie. The Stargate franchise is not just limited to the shows... there are books, magazines, scripts never realized and a colossal fanfic library, all of which are mediums in which the storyline in SGU can be finished. I realize there is an element of naive wishful thinking here, but it true. We don't have to make the end of season 2 the end of all things SG. As the fanfic, and rewatching of SG1 and SGA have proven, Stargate never really ends!!!
      Oh and to answer the question of this thread more specifically!!: I will most definitely be watching the last 10 epis despite the cliffhanger ending anticipated!
      sigpic Gets better with age!

Conventions:
      Creation Vancouver SG Con 2009 - 2010 - 2011 - 2012
      GateCon Vancouver 2011
      Creation Chicago SG Con 2013 - 2014

Comment

Originally posted by MylittleEli View Post
        The idea that the story will never be finished has never actually occured to me because: there are a ton of other ways for the story to be finished other than more SGU or a movie.
        While I totally see that this may be true for some fans, for some of us, books and fanfiction aren't what we are looking for - we are interested in the story in the media that it was developed for. I want to see the Destiny and her crew have their adventures.
        sigpic
        Goodbye and Good Travels, Destiny!

Comment

I'll be watching the second half of season 2 based solely on the fact that the first half was pretty darn amazing. Well...that and it's Stargate.

If the numbers drop drastically because of fans not watching SGU due to cancellation, the think-tanks at Sci Fi will think they made the correct decision. It would be a metaphoric surrender to the herp derps at the helm. Don't give them that satisfaction. Stick with Stargate, right up until the final credits role. If the numbers for SGU get even smaller after this, MGM won't be so hard pressed to find another airing solution for SGU. But if we show that we are watching it and are still interested, MGM might still consider keeping Stargate a real thing.
          sigpic
          ____I reserve the right to be completely wrong about any topic I post on.

Comment

I don't see how I am NOT going to watch the rest of season 2 when SGU returns. The second season has been really good so far.

Comment

Originally posted by carmencatalina View Post
              While I totally see that this may be true for some fans, for some of us, books and fanfiction aren't what we are looking for - we are interested in the story in the media that it was developed for. I want to see the Destiny and her crew have their adventures.
              I more meant that at least there are other options. Don't get me wrong, I would WAY rather see the story unfold aswell. But since the possibility that that may never happen is very real, at least we can hope for a distant second place option. Anyways, I digress.... (sorry I'm technically way off topic)
              sigpic Gets better with age!

Conventions:
              Creation Vancouver SG Con 2009 - 2010 - 2011 - 2012
              GateCon Vancouver 2011
              Creation Chicago SG Con 2013 - 2014

Comment

I'll watch the remaining episodes, but I may not be too keen to watch them when they actually air.

I might just dvr them and watch them all in one sitting(ok, maybe 2 or 3 sittings over a couple days, since it is an hour long show).

I know that doesn't help the ratings, but, a cliffhanger I'll never get to see the ending of really saps the excitement out.
                Cancellation just really puts a frowny face on the rest of the season for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Replicator Todd View Post
                  I don't see how I am NOT going to watch the rest of season 2 when SGU returns. The second season has been really good so far.
                  Yeah, I know. It´makes the cancellation even more sad.

2.0 had some of my most re watched Stargate episodes in general. Like "Malice" or "The Greater Good". I almost watched "Malice" more often than my fave SGA episode "Duet".
                  But maybe Brad Wright will come up with some good news until 2.5 will air. So I try to be a bit optimistic. But if the end of 2.5 is the last episodes it will be "weired" and very sad to watch the remaining 10 eps.
                  sigpic

Comment

To keep it short: No. I will simply enjoy watching the last ten episodes.
                    sigpic

SGU Continued....

Comment

I will see it until the very end
                      sigpic
                      Knowledge is power, but how do you use that power defines whether you are good or evil

Comment

I'll be watching all of the remaining episodes... with my fingers crossed that some other station will pick up the show.

Comment

Working...
                        X