This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AnnaJ View Post
    Still hoping they will start up the show again Nothing good on syfy - and have rewatched every episode of SGU three times...

Will maybe go on to watch SGA at some point, out of desperation, even though I didn't like what little I've seen. Or maybe SG-1? Which is better?
    How'd you manage to rewatch SGU? I know the show's awesome but for some reason, it's not really... rewatchable in my opinion.

Edit: Start with SG-1.
    "I have never understood why it should be necessary to become irrational in order to prove that you care... or why it should be necessary to prove it at all."

Comment

rushy,

I've rewatched SGU a number of times and own all the DVDs. I really enjoyed that show. While I'm not going to claim it was groundbreaking television I thought it was a well produced piece of science fiction.
      All plot and no character makes for a dull story... All plot and no character makes for a dull story... All plot and no character makes for a dull story... All plot and no character makes for a dull story...

"Scott isn't out. Actually, he'll probably soon get back in, then out, then in, then out, then in, with rhythm and stamina." reddevil 4/22/2010

Comment

Originally posted by Ser Scot A Ellison View Post
        rushy,

I've rewatched SGU a number of times and own all the DVDs. I really enjoyed that show. While I'm not going to claim it was groundbreaking television I thought it was a well produced piece of science fiction.
        I know, it's great(Rush wins the award of BFCE). It's just not that rewatchable(minus Time and a few other episodes).
        "I have never understood why it should be necessary to become irrational in order to prove that you care... or why it should be necessary to prove it at all."

Comment

I guess not every one agrees with you

I'm rewatching it on "Space"; Sat mornings.
          SGU. Best Sci-fi show to come along in decades.

Comment

Originally posted by AnnaJ View Post
            Still hoping they will start up the show again Nothing good on syfy - and have rewatched every episode of SGU three times...

Will maybe go on to watch SGA at some point, out of desperation, even though I didn't like what little I've seen. Or maybe SG-1? Which is better?
            Definitely SG-1, it's much better than Atlantis, then watch Atlantis, it would make more sense to you. Atlantis does have likable characters, but story wise it kinda lost it's way after a while.

And yes, I have rewatched SGU and still love it, so don't listen to the nay sayers, no matter what, there will always be someone who disagrees with it.
            sigpic

Comment

In my opinion, despite some utterly boring episodes, the crew were really starting to shine(I am really, really glad they locked Perry up). Gauntlet was still a bad finale, it was like ending the story with Darkness. I would've preferred Blockade as the finale.

The only bad part in SGU was the lack of constant Stargates and the missing wormhole(the last wormhole in SGU was in Air, I think).

Comment

Working...
              X