Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'd probably go here one last time, and get myself banned for good by doing something awesome but against the rules. It'd be a great way to go down.
    Mia: Don't you hate that?
    Vincent: Hate what?
    Mia: Uncomfortable silences. Why do we feel it's necessary to yak about bullsh*t in order to be comfortable?
    Vincent: I don't know. That's a good question.
    Mia: That's when you know you've found somebody really special: you can just shut the f*** up for a minute and comfortably share silence.
    - Pulp Fiction

Comment

Originally posted by TBA View Post
      I'd probably go here one last time, and get myself banned for good by doing something awesome but against the rules. It'd be a great way to go down.
      Indeed. Can't green you for this so I'll give you some insane green.

I think I'm going to do the same thing, after I'm done sticking it to the trolls.

Comment

Originally posted by Sami_ View Post
        Doesn't sound like there will be anyone at Gateworld if/when SGU gets cancelled, SGU fans don't want to stick around for fear of "nastiness" and the SG-1/SGA fans have already been driven off by censorship.
        As if

Comment

I'll be sad for a few days and then find something else to watch and avoid this forum for a year, particularly if the fan response is anything similar to SGA's cancellation.
          Originally posted by Callista
          Ahhh! Ashizuri can see into the future!!
          Originally posted by HPMom
          She saw the candle light as many things.

Comment

Originally posted by Ashizuri View Post
            I'll be sad for a few days and then find something else to watch and avoid this forum for a year, particularly if the fan response is anything similar to SGA's cancellation.
            I think I'll stick around but I'll have so many people on ignore that it's going to be pretty quiet
            sigpic

SGU-RELATED FANART | IN YOUNG WE TRUST | FANDUMB

Comment

It will probably be a gradual thing for me. I have no conscious desire to leave but I can imagine slowly losing interest in GW if thier is no Stargate to watch
              Originally posted by aretood2
              Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                It will probably be a gradual thing for me. I have no conscious desire to leave but I can imagine slowly losing interest in GW if thier is no Stargate to watch
                I don't have the desire to leave now, but I imagine fandoms reaction to the cancellation will drive me away real quick.

EDIT: Who knows, maybe fandom will surprise me by not acting completely ridiculously. It could happen....right...?
                Originally posted by Callista
                Ahhh! Ashizuri can see into the future!!
                Originally posted by HPMom
                She saw the candle light as many things.

Comment

Nope.

Comment

I don't have the desire to leave now, but I imagine fandoms reaction to the cancellation will drive me away real quick.

EDIT: Who knows, maybe fandom will surprise me by not acting completely ridiculously. It could happen....right...?
                    I suppose I might try my hand at a fanfiction "What SGU SHOULD have been." But eh, I've written far more original fiction than fan fiction.

Comment

I'll probably stay depending on what is on the horizon. If a movie is likely to happen, or a canon novel, or a new series way down the line then I'll probably stick around to some extent. If not, then I'll probably leave.

Comment

That won''t be why i skip coming back to this place.. The only reason i do is to chat about Stargate. With no new gate coming on, there is no more reason for me to spend 2-3 hrs a day (yes it takes that long at times, especially the day after a new ep comes on) to chat about it.

Comment

How will you react when SGU ends?

Well I know how I will react. Using the Simpsons, some people might react like this...

Spoiler:

or, like this...

Spoiler:

or like this..

Spoiler:

Depends who you are.
                          sigpic

Comment

Meh, I'll likely remain the cold cynic and go with this:

Spoiler:
                            Mia: Don't you hate that?
                            Vincent: Hate what?
                            Mia: Uncomfortable silences. Why do we feel it's necessary to yak about bullsh*t in order to be comfortable?
                            Vincent: I don't know. That's a good question.
                            Mia: That's when you know you've found somebody really special: you can just shut the f*** up for a minute and comfortably share silence.
                            - Pulp Fiction

Comment

'Other fans' never has been and never will be on topic, so please, stop talking about others and just talk about yourself and how YOU will react.
                              Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

It depends how it ends. If it is cancelled with no proper ending, I will be unimaginably pissed off.

If it ends with a proper ending that has enough finality to be satisfying, enough ambiguity to provoke discussion and satisfyingly concludes the established storyline then I will be happy.

If the above happens but after only two or three seasons, I will be slightly annoyed (because I think it should go on for at least five) but glad that it got an ending.

If it goes on for seven seasons and has a proper ending I will be over the moon

Comment

Working...
                                X