This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How will you react when SGU ends?

SGU is likely to be cancelled at some point. Maybe this season, possibly the next, or it might somehow hang on longer. I don't know, and I don't want to speculate on that (at least, not in this thread. So any discussion about when it will end should be reported for removal, not responded to.)

What this thread is about, is how we expect to react when it does end.

I'm sure I'll be initially disappointed but I expect I'll get over it pretty quickly like I did SGU. Though it'll be worse if it's killed suddenly without a proper ending and no hope of movies (and even more-so if any hope of SG1 and SGA flicks dies too). If they do manage to give it a decent ending (i.e. better than Undending and EaTG ) I expect I'll move on a lot quicker.

And what will I move on to, you ask? Well I figure I'll be hoping Sanctuary and Chuck are still on (because I'm fairly sure V won't be, by then) and I can easily fill up the time with gaming and fanfic
    Also I expect I'll be staying out of the SGU part of the forum for a while until the furor dies down and I can discuss stuff nostalgically without having to wade through pages of angst.

So what about you? How do you think you'll feel when you learn that there will be no more SGU, whenever and however that may happen? Would a promise of SGU movies help or just make it worse? And what do you expect to occupy yourself with afterwards?
    "Most people who are watching TV are semi-catatonic. They're not fully alive." - U.S. District Court Judge Timothy Batten Sr.
    Ronald Greer is also a medic. Your argument is invalid.
    Originally posted by J-Whitt Remastered
    Secondly, I think that everything DigiFluid is good.
    Sandcastle Builder: The game of XKCD: Time

I'll go back to not watching TV, seeing as everything I do watch gets cancelled.

Comment

I'll first have to deal with my RC withdrawal symptoms .

Then I would buy SGU DVD of the last season as soon as it will be released.
      Grimm returns October 24
      sigpic

Signature and Avatar by Hyndara71 - Thank you very much
      Profile Picture by BM-Shipper

Comment

I'll be disappointed for several of the actors/writers and not so disappointed for the ones that I feel have deeply insulted fans of the previous series, in particular it will be sad for all the staff behind the scenes that do a great job but have been let down by poor writing and to a lesser degree poor casting.

I won't be at all surprised by the cancellation when it happens, SGU has consistently lacked a high level of quality in my opinion and doesn't deserve to be renewed at this point.

I expect SGU will be cancelled at the end of this season, if the franchise ever makes a return I hope to see a completely new team of writers.

Comment

I'll be sad. But it'll be more tolerable if the show is allowed to end on its own terms.
          "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

I'll be pretty damn pissed if the show ends on a cliffhanger, but on the other hand, if it's allowed to end on it's own terms I'll be disappointed but okay with it.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by EvilSpaceAlien View Post
              I'll be pretty damn pissed if the show ends on a cliffhanger, but on the other hand, if it's allowed to end on it's own terms I'll be disappointed but okay with it.
              This. All I want is a proper conclusion, even if it comes in the form of a movie - a GOOD movie, not AoT.
              I'll be a bit sad, because I'm invested in Rush and Young, but c'est la vie. Move on, I guess.
              Mainly, I just REALLY want a space-based sci-fi show. But, to be perfectly honest, I'd want it to be more like Farscape than Stargate.

Comment

I will cry... like, forever. No more Stargate. What am I supposed to do? No stargate, at all, do do you have any idea how thats LIKE? NO STARGATE. Ill rewatch SG1 and SGA like a billion if times. by then, I hope a new SG show comes up. I mean, I cant live without SG is that CLEAR ENOUGH?
                When a distinguished but elderly scientist states that something is possible, he is almost certainly right. When he states that something is impossible, he is very probably wrong.-Arthur C. Clarke

We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology -Carl Sagan

Comment

If SGU was to finish this year, and they were to come up with some sort of fairly reasonable way for them to get home OR die in a very horrible but cool way, then I will be happy.

As long as it isn't a cliffhanger then I am not fussed.

I doubt I will ever re-watch an ep of SGU, certainly not the same way I do with SG1 and to a lesser extent SGA. I just can't think of any eps that interest me enough to invest another 41 minutes of my life.
                  sigpic

Comment

Whatevs. I know certain folk might expect tears or CAPITAL LETTERS, but I expect I'll simply shrug my shoulders, maybe write a fanfic or two if the series doesn't end satisfactorily, and then wander off into the darkness from whence I came, never to be seen again...

Until, you know, whatever Stargate thing comes next, even if it's years down the track.
                    ~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

~ Burning people! He says what we're all thinking! ~

Comment

I'll wait for the next SG series .
                      sigpic
                      Stargate Mods List

I am webxro , google me .SG,ST,SW,B5 Fan since forever.
                      StarTrek Excalibur enthusiast and Pardus player .
                      GW member infractions : 1

Comment

I would be really pissed off and leave forever.... {mod snip}. lol.
                        Last edited by KatG; 22 October 2010, 02:55 AM. Reason: no need to disparage other fans

Goodbye STARGATE & Gateworld

Comment

I would probably stop coming here. Too many bad memories of the cancellations. But I'll keep stargate alive in forums and on the web all the time. Maybe I should start looking for some hidden treasure to buy the rights to the franchise. But if SGU really ends, I will have to throw away my TV, it would be useless then.
                          sigpic

Comment

I still feel that it is a little early to be dooming the show, I HOPE SyFy will wait and see the results for the whole Season instead of basing the decission on the numbers from 2.0. And remember there was a Baseball game on this week, so that may have hurt the episode ratings wise.

Comment

If they're going to renew then the decision has to be made after just the 2.0 numbers are out, as they'd need to start filming long before 2.5 will even air. Either that or season 3 wouldn't be out until 2012.

Comment

Working...
                              X