This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Deevil View Post
    None of us have because there are a multitude of variables that affect any situation such as this.
    I blame humidity levels and global warming for SGU's ratings and DVD sales.

Comment

Originally posted by Sami_ View Post
      hehe ty

I just don't get why people always want to trot out the "you may not like it but others do" argument, we have neither the time or the means to get every single persons perspective on the show so why not discuss issues like quality based on ratings and popularity.

If SGU had set out intending to appeal only to the relative small number of people who watch it today then we could say it was a success and accomplished what it set out to do but the reality is that they set out to create a show that appeals to a wider audience than its predecessors and in that goal it has failed miserably.
      I remember that they wanted more than the mere 1.6 million viewers than sga had according to david blue...I think they would be pleased to have those viewers now.

He hit a nail over the head, but he far from hit the nail on the head. None of us have because there are a multitude of variables that affect any situation such as this. Ask anyone in distribution of films or television.
      IMHO, you have a penchant for being pedantic which is only exceeded by your love for sgu.

which is being caused by the oil spill in the gulf of mexico which was of course George Bush's fault [snark, snark] so therefore the low DVD sales for sgu are ......

wait for it

you know it's coming

Spoiler:
      George Bush's fault!
      sorry I couldn't resist
      All of the above statments are merely my own opinion unless otherwise stated.

Comment

Originally posted by Snookie16 View Post
        which is being caused by the oil spill in the gulf of mexico which was of course George Bush's fault [snark, snark] so therefore the low DVD sales for sgu are ......

wait for it

you know it's coming

Spoiler:
        George Bush's fault!
        sorry I couldn't resist
        LOL!

I couldn't green either of you, but global warming and Bush are always to blame so by that logic they are most definitely responsible for SGU's low ratings and poor dvd sales. Though Darth Cheney has his evil hand involved in there somewhere.....

It's a half season set and not worth buying...especially now that a full season set is on the horizon for R1.... I'll eventually buy the full season set when I can find it for the cheap price of $15.00.
        IMO always implied.

Comment

Originally posted by LoneStar1836 View Post
          LOL!

I couldn't green either of you, but global warming and Bush are always to blame so by that logic they are most definitely responsible for SGU's low ratings and poor dvd sales. Though Darth Cheney has his evil hand involved in there somewhere.....

It's a half season set and not worth buying...especially now that a full season set is on the horizon for R1.... I'll eventually buy the full season set when I can find it for the cheap price of $15.00.
          that's where the oil spill comes in...Haliburton was involved!

Comment

IMHO, you have a penchant for being pedantic which is only exceeded by your love for sgu.
            Thanks for your great, yet inaccurate, job of profiling me. Now, can we discuss the topic and not each other?
            Last edited by Deevil; 27 August 2010, 08:31 AM.
            Disclaimer: All opinions stated within this post are relevant to the author herself, and do not in any way represent the opinions of God, Country, The Powers That Be or Greater Fandom.

Any resemblance to aforementioned opinions are purely coincidental.

Comment

Thanks for your great, yet inaccurate, job of profiling me. Now, can we discuss the topic and not each other?
              that's not a profile...that was merely my opinion...
              that is what I try to do...but you insisted on discussing Sami.

back to the topic...
              yep the low sales are all bush's fault.

Comment

that is what I try to do...but you insisted on discussing Sami.
                except I didn't.

On topic, comparing SGU sales to any past sales isn't the best idea. Sales and sales environment change, though all in all I hope that next season they just release full season box sets, if for no other reason that I hate half season sets.
                Last edited by Deevil; 27 August 2010, 06:31 PM.
                Disclaimer: All opinions stated within this post are relevant to the author herself, and do not in any way represent the opinions of God, Country, The Powers That Be or Greater Fandom.

Any resemblance to aforementioned opinions are purely coincidental.

Comment

I also think the low sales are due to NYC's bedbug problem... serious problem in that city I hear!

Comment

I also think the low sales are due to NYC's bedbug problem... serious problem in that city I hear!
                    Bear in mind that Mars eccentric orbit and the resultant gravitational effects on earth could well be having an effect on SGU's DVD sales.

Source: http://www.mail-archive.com/meteorit.../msg14044.html

Comment

Working...
                    X