This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
    I disagree. It doesn't hurt to give back to the fans every once and awhile.
    A bit of that and a bit of this: I think it's the writers saying, "Hey, we loved these guys! Let's have some fun writing some new McKay stuff or something!" Because, end of the day, they're fans too! So no ratings ploy, just a "Why not? Everybody wins!" situation.
    ~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

~ Burning people! He says what we're all thinking! ~

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
      I don't know. Giving back entitles the fan mentality that the writers owe them something.
      They do owe the fans something. These shows would not be successful or even a thought if the fans did not make them successful.

Do you think BW could have gotten SGU greenlighted if SG-1 and SGA were not successful?

Originally posted by MattSilver 3k View Post
      A bit of that and a bit of this: I think it's the writers saying, "Hey, we loved these guys! Let's have some fun writing some new McKay stuff or something!" Because, end of the day, they're fans too! So no ratings ploy, just a "Why not? Everybody wins!" situation.
      Yeah, good point.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Lahela View Post
        *whimpers pitifully* Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease, no.
        I swear the ratings would tank so bad it wouldn't even be funny... I think it would get negative viewers.. however that works.
        sigpic

Comment

I disagree. It doesn't hurt to give back to the fans every once and awhile.
          I think using SGU as a platform to appease Atlantis fans most certainly could hurt the show.

Comment

They do owe the fans something. These shows would not be successful or even a thought if the fans did not make them successful.

Do you think BW could have gotten SGU greenlighted if SG-1 and SGA were not successful?
            Its within the realm of possibility. And you misunderstand the entitlement. I'm talking about how fans thinking they have a say in how the show should be run.
            Originally posted by aretood2
            Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by KEK View Post
              I think using SGU as a platform to appease Atlantis fans most certainly could hurt the show.
              The show's performance is not great as it is. Don't see how things could get much worse.

Its within the realm of possibility. And you misunderstand the entitlement. I'm talking about how fans thinking they have a say in how the show should be run.
              No fans should not have a say, but when a show is successful because of the fans, the producers need to remember that. It is sorta like the music industry. Does an artist come out with a totally different sound after having a multi- platnium selling first record? Sure they can, but they risk failure.
              sigpic

Comment

No fans should not have a say, but when a show is successful because of the fans, the producers need to remember that. It is sorta like the music industry. Does an artist come out with a totally different sound after having a multi- platnium selling first record? Sure they can, but they risk failure.
                Nonsense. Stargate is a business. You worry about what the general customers want instead of the few niche customers.
                Jelgate is right

Comment

Nonsense. Stargate is a business. You worry about what the general customers want instead of the few niche customers.
                  How is that nonsense to keep your core loyal audience happy?
                  sigpic

Comment

The core loyal audience is nuts though, with raging opinions and never shut up about them.
                    ~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

Comment

Because you have to think the bigger picture. Keeping the core happy is nothing if you bore the bigger group
                      Jelgate is right

Comment

The core loyal audience is nuts though, with raging opinions and never shut up about them.
                        I run a business. 10% of my customers give me 90% of my problems. lol.
                        sigpic

Comment

Crazy, the lot of them!

Comment

Everybody wins PROVIDING the characters are written well.

Remember the use of O'Neill in SGA? Whilst I personally feel that his appearance in The Return was a damn site better than many of his appearances following S8 of SG1, however many fans complained a heck of a lot about that. Both SG1 and SGA fans.

McKay has always worked well whenever he's appeared in SG1, but that's not the case for every character. Whoever they bring in, must be written well.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

Yes but if you don't keep your 90% of the customers.. your buisness is toast. TPTB didn't worry to much about the new show cause they thought it was just the loyal SGA SG-1 fans not liking the change.. however.. Now I think they realize a lot of their average customers don't like the product and want the same change from SGU that the uber loyal customers wants.. so i do think we'll see a bit of a change for season 2.
                              sigpic

Comment

Everybody wins PROVIDING the characters are written well.
                                Maybe we should change that "everybody wins" to "everybody whines" instead.

Comment

Working...
                                X