Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My money is on Woolsey for the IOA connection and the Mallozzi/Picardo bromance. Possibly McKay too, as there science link is always easy to work in. O'niell, Carter and Daniel can always be worked in too, Teal'c seems unlikely, but I suppose there's a long shot on Vala as some sort of Lucian Alliance briefing for the crew, though I doubt that. Mitchell and Sheppard I can't really imagine unless it's a cameo, Keller, Carson or Lam I suppose could be used as doctors have before, though I doubt that too. I think the only ones we can be sure of not seeing are probably Teyla and Ronon.

Comment

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
      I respect that. I do think it will be Mckay that guest stars, maybe Sheppard. He can exchange some dark tips with Young.
      That would be awesomeness. I honestly want to see Sheppard more than Mckay, and I like Mckay over Sheppard! (Note that I do love every SGA character )

Comment

Originally posted by KEK View Post
        My money is on Woolsey for the IOA connection and the Mallozzi/Picardo bromance. Possibly McKay too, as there science link is always easy to work in. O'niell, Carter and Daniel can always be worked in too, Teal'c seems unlikely, but I suppose there's a long shot on Vala as some sort of Lucian Alliance briefing for the crew, though I doubt that. Mitchell and Sheppard I can't really imagine unless it's a cameo, Keller, Carson or Lam I suppose could be used as doctors have before, though I doubt that too. I think the only ones we can be sure of not seeing are probably Teyla and Ronon.

I agree that Mitchell and Sheppard are unlikely candidates - they're far too junior to be of any relevance. As you said, O'Neill, Carter and Jackson are easy. Jackson simply because he appears to essentially be O'Neill's lacky these days... Teal'c should under no circumstances appear, neither should Vala, they don't fit in with the context of the show, and don't have a natural reason for appearance, such as a military officer. In terms of Doctors, the SGA medical personnel have no reason to appear... the SGC is the hub of Earth operations, not Atlantis. Conequently, Lam is a maybe. McKay is the ONLY member of Atlantis who has professional skills which might require him brought in as an advisor, the same can be said of none other. Caldwell, as a 304 commander is a possibility, and his character is suited to the tone of the show. For the IOA purposes you've indicated, Woolsey might be a good bet for the IOA connection. I would hope in general however, a Colonel (full bird) Davis rocks up.

So... my thoughts on likely appearances:

SG1:

O'Neill
        Carter
        Jackson
        Landry
        Harriman (Walter)
        Davis
        Marks

SGA:

Woolsey
        McKay
        Caldwell
        Ellis

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

Davis is not even a Lt. Col in Continuum and you want him skip directly to full bird
          Originally posted by aretood2
          Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
            Davis is not even a Lt. Col in Continuum and you want him skip directly to full bird
            Let me keep my delusional little reality!

Continuum was... what... three years prior to SGU S2.... yes... realistically it's unlikely... and is just the sort of thing that pissed me off regarding Carter... but she was promoted to full bird after three years as a Lt Col.

Anyway... he deserves it.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

I triple guarantee you - SG-1/SGA actors will join the show, ratings will improve and SGU will get at least 7 seasons.

Comment

Originally posted by myhelix View Post
                Maybe Keller is making an guest spot? That would be the only SGA crew member I don´t care for. I still think it´s McKay or Zelenka. As much as I would like to see them, Ronon, Teyla and Shep don´t make sense, story wise. It´s either a scientist or a doctor md, what about Beckett?
                *whimpers pitifully* Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease, no.
                sigpic

Comment

I want a goa'uld or tokra spy onbord destiny, have been there all along from the begining!!!

or Vala would be awsome, the some stolen tech thingy hiden away from her naughty days and they need it for something!!!
                  Come join the dark side, we have cookies!!

Comment

Ok so word is going around that this is a Ratings ploy. Well I don't think so because with the exception of RDA, the characters of SGA and SG-1 are not exactly a ratings draw, look at Human. I just think this is more a creative aspect from BW to give back to the fans. Even though the ratings are shakey and the Merlin finale did a little better than SGU's, I still don't see this as a way to be desperate for ratings.
                    sigpic

Comment

Ok so word is going around that this is a Ratings ploy. Well I don't think so because with the exception of RDA, the characters of SGA and SG-1 are not exactly a ratings draw, look at Human. I just think this is more a creative aspect from BW to give back to the fans. Even though the ratings are shakey and the Merlin finale did a little better than SGU's, I still don't see this as a way to be desperate for ratings.
                      I think JM said it better - the SGA/SG1 character appearance will be in the second half of the season, while the ratings that matter towards a renewal are in the first half.
                      ~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

~ Burning people! He says what we're all thinking! ~

Comment

Originally posted by MattSilver 3k View Post
                        I think JM said it better - the SGA/SG1 character appearance will be in the second half of the season, while the ratings that matter towards a renewal are in the first half.
                        I just think it is more about giving back to the SG-1/SGA fans. It is a good way to pay hommage back to those shows. I personally am very excited about seeing SGA and more SG-1 characters come onto Universe. People say it needs to stand on it's own. Well if the show did not have the word Stargate in it, then I would say yeah it needs to stand on it's own, but this is a Stargate show, so nothing wrong with having guest appearances from past SG characters.
                        sigpic

Comment

I just think it is more about giving back to the SG-1/SGA fans. It is a good way to pay hommage back to those shows. I personally am very excited about seeing SGA and more SG-1 characters come onto Universe. People say it needs to stand on it's own. Well if the show did not have the word Stargate in it, then I would say yeah it needs to stand on it's own, but this is a Stargate show, so nothing wrong with having guest appearances from past SG characters.
                          It probably has nothing to do with SG1/SGA fans. Just for the fun of crossovers.
                          Jelgate is right

Comment

my guess is they have some useful purpose. besides Carter is both SGA and SG1.

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                              It probably has nothing to do with SG1/SGA fans. Just for the fun of crossovers.
                              I disagree. It doesn't hurt to give back to the fans every once and awhile.
                              sigpic

Comment

I disagree. It doesn't hurt to give back to the fans every once and awhile.
                                I don't know. Giving back entitles the fan mentality that the writers owe them something.
                                Jelgate is right

Comment

Working...
                                X