Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Canon or Non Canon, after seeing the episodes?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Deevil View Post
    Lack of 18th century weapons?
    Would that make it sword then?
    sigpic

Comment

Lack of 18th century weapons?
      muskets?

Comment

Originally posted by MattSilver 3k View Post

To be concise, this contributor has no clue.
        corrupt conclusion, if clever and capricious.
        sigpic
        EMBRACE DEMOCRACY, OR YOU WILL BE ERADICATED
        -Liberty Prime

Comment

Originally posted by Ukko View Post
          Would that make it sword then?
          Originally posted by The Mighty 6 platoon View Post
          muskets?
          Sorry neither of them are canon because history has established, through my myriad of TV watching, that the greatest weapon in the 18th century was Vampirism.
          Disclaimer: All opinions stated within this post are relevant to the author herself, and do not in any way represent the opinions of God, Country, The Powers That Be or Greater Fandom.

Any resemblance to aforementioned opinions are purely coincidental.

Comment

Sorry neither of them are canon because history has established, through my myriad of TV watching, that the greatest weapon in the 18th century was Vampirism.
            Of course, how could i have been so foolish
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
              Incorrect.
              I wrote that meaning I wasn't sure which was true. Maybe that bit in AoT was the first idea for stargates and the Ori didn't have any(which brings in other plot issues) or maybe it was an idea for an adaptation, perhaps the navigation system uses the chevrons or something like that.

Regardless, we see the Daniel-esk 6-point plotting system with constellations as chevrons...which suggests the MW gates came before the SGU gates.
              Stargate: ROTA wiki

Comment

Ok, if you think the idea of SGU being non canon is ridiculous, then answer me this...

If established facts differ between two or three series can all of them be canon?

If you say yes, then what does canon actually mean? Especially for a franchise without a series 'bible?'

Comment

Oh dear, I stand very much corrected

Comment

http://stargate.mgm.com/view/content/1712/index.html
                    "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by Aer'ki View Post
                      Ok, if you think the idea of SGU being non canon is ridiculous, then answer me this...

If established facts differ between two or three series can all of them be canon?

If you say yes, then what does canon actually mean? Especially for a franchise without a series 'bible?'
                      If the writers say so then yes. Discontinuity does not = non canon.

Canon: A word i will have stuck in my head till the day of my death Thank you.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Ukko View Post
                        Of course, how could i have been so foolish
                        Originally posted by The Mighty 6 platoon View Post
                        Oh dear, I stand very much corrected
                        That's okay my children, you are young and foolish .
                        Disclaimer: All opinions stated within this post are relevant to the author herself, and do not in any way represent the opinions of God, Country, The Powers That Be or Greater Fandom.

Comment

Aer'ki you are talking about continuity, not canon. Canon is what we see happen on the screen, irresepective of whether or not it matches what we have seen previously.

Continuity is about keeping a continual thread of information...

Although, I'd like to point out that the continuity of the Stargate franchise is being held up in SGU... like it or not.

Comment

Say that someone lives in Australia and has had that site derailed and that link goes nowhere. What's your point?
                            ~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

~ Burning people! He says what we're all thinking! ~

Comment

Aer'ki you are talking about continuity, not canon. Canon is what we see happen on the screen, irresepective of whether or not it matches what we have seen previously.

Continuity is about keeping a continual thread of information...

Although, I'd like to point out that the continuity of the Stargate franchise is being held up in SGU... like it or not.
                              So, by your definition, CANON is the most recent incarnation?

Comment

Originally posted by MattSilver 3k View Post
                                Say that someone lives in Australia and has had that site derailed and that link goes nowhere. What's your point?
                                Spoiler:
                                Eli informs us that Rush belives that the destiny gate predates all others. It may be a prototype.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X