Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I feel that at least a season villian will be needed to give the show some momentum, as I really don't want a show where it is just a series of repairs and interpersonal drama plaguing the ship's crew.
    Dimmed light illuminates wearily a thousand skyscrapers of concrete, glass, shattered imaginations and severed dreams. Urban structures of brick and steel extend tendrils of decay and neglect into an aging embrace of irreverence, moving forward into synthetic joy.

Comment

Originally posted by borgfan8of5 View Post
      I don't know about everybody else but this seems like a bad idea. I mean one of the biggest parts of TV shows is a central villain.
      How can you speculate at this stage, I think your being premature, there is no reason at this point why a "central villain" as you say, coul dnot be in the series, just becuause the ship is constantly on the move, does not mean that other cannot be on the move too, they could meet an extremely advanced race who has the ability to follow them.
      Why not wait and see how things pan out...

Comment

"Villains" are used to create a 'foil' dynamic (literary term) with the main characters (heroes). Conflict does not require a villain. We like villains like the Goa'uld, Wraith, Replicators, Ori, and Anubis because they are BIG bad guys. They also emphasis the great compassion, love, empathy - pick a virtue - that the main characters have.

I think however that without an alien villain SGU has a great chance to get back to the essence of sci-fi, which is the human condition. How do we take these unsurvivable situations, with extreme elements, and not only survive but become better friends, soldiers, scientists, leaders, and human beings?

Besides I want to see
        Spoiler:
        how the hell they deal with Dr. Rush, most of the base wanted to kill him and that was BEFORE he stranded them on the other side of the Universe!

Comment

Not to sound snippy, but I'm pretty sure the writers will have this show follow the SG traditon: last minute rescues; seat of the pants action and 'splostions!

Comment

Working...
          X