Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I personally wouldnt be surprised if they find a Ancient in a new type of stasis (doesnt age) who it will turn out is not ment to be on the ship and who will turn out to be a major bad guy. Oh and probably Cylon's like above why not
    -----------------------------------------------------
    Nothings more important than your health... except your money!.

sigpic
    "As a matter of fact it does say Colonel on my uniform." - Colonel Danning

Comment

if the writers have balls, they keep SGU this way. i would hate to have it become SGA 2.0

Comment

Well SGA and Sg1 did have alot of enemies at the same time too, although in SGA it was mixed between Asurans and Wraith so really SG franchise has already been there.

Oh and with that ship detaching at the end of part3...if f302s can't exit Daedalus in hyperspace how the hell did that thing manage to get out of ftl, it should of been ripped to shreds....maybe it was the shields it had but still.....
        Tst

Comment

Originally posted by borgfan8of5 View Post
          I don't know about everybody else but this seems like a bad idea. I mean one of the biggest parts of TV shows is a central villain.
          After only one episode it's too soon to say whether there is such a villain or not.

In SGU they'd better avoid inventing one more advanced villain that is obliterated by the mighty soldiers of Earth (with ancient devices....).

I'm hoping that in SGU the interactions with the other species will be more complex and less childish/idiotic than the usual "we are good ; they are bad ; they want to destroy us/earth/galaxy ; so we find the ancient device and kill them all ".

Comment

Originally posted by spinny magee View Post
            Well SGA and Sg1 did have alot of enemies at the same time too, although in SGA it was mixed between Asurans and Wraith so really SG franchise has already been there.

Oh and with that ship detaching at the end of part3...if f302s can't exit Daedalus in hyperspace how the hell did that thing manage to get out of ftl, it should of been ripped to shreds....maybe it was the shields it had but still.....
            1) we have established that there is a difference between FTL and hyperspace, and we don't really know any of the physics of FTL yet.

2) this is a tread about central villians.

(but yeah that pod was random and I don't like that they just showed that and didn't address it. kinda a cheep trick in the ending to make us come back.)

As for bad guys, I love the internal conflict on the Destiny and I predict that the expedition members will slowly polarize and form 2 factions. we saw it in the 1st episode when Rush declared himself in charge and people began to challenge that. we see it again in part 3 when the "Red Shirts" mutiny and go to the locked addresses.

I am guessing we will have a Rush/Scott faction and possible a Telford/Young faction?

Comment

I think the whole point is that the central villain is themselves?
              sigpic
              Thanks to Amaunet for the sig!!!
              My First Gateworld News Item!

Comment

Originally posted by tallguy91085 View Post
                1) we have established that there is a difference between FTL and hyperspace, and we don't really know any of the physics of FTL yet.
                I'm curious...Do people actually realise that FTL is a generic term and hyperspace travel is just one form of FTL travel, as depicted in sci-fi?

Comment

Rush is the villian just like that doctor (smith?) in "lost in space".

Comment

Originally posted by morrismike View Post
                    Rush is the villian just like that doctor (smith?) in "lost in space".

I haven't read much of the pre-information, character/plot descriptions, etc...so I'm just going based on what's on the screen. Rush really doesn't seem like a bad guy He's a nuanced character, he's smart in a lot of ways but inexperienced in others. Maybe there's something that those in the know..know, but so far it just seems a balancing act of personalities and skills around Eli, Rush, Scott and Young with some input from Telford and Chloe. There's been some questionable decision making all around, but so far nobody really stands out as a 'bad guy'
                    If you're wondering how he eats & breathes, and other science facts...(la! la! la!)
                    Then repeat to yourself its just a show, I should really just relax.

I own "Future War"..I can put up with a lot

sigpic - Black Belt Test 10/24/2009 -

Comment

Originally posted by Hêtshepsu View Post
                      I think the whole point is that the central villain is themselves?
                      Well, contrary to popular human belief, the Earth is not the centre of the galaxy. (c) ARIS BOCH
                      SGU DEAD - Good News !!!

Comment

Originally posted by Replicator Todd View Post
                        I dont mind no central villains but I wouldnt mind a two-three episode villain arc. Maybe even a Lucian Alliance spy?
                        Spoilers for the last few episodes of Season 1, dont read if you dont want to be spoiled
                        I really wish i hadnt read it but it's to late now =)

Spoiler:

Season 1, Episode 18 Subversion

Rush believes someone involved with the Destiny has been spying on them for the Lucian Alliance.

Season 1, Episode 19 Incursion (part 1)

Commander Kiva of the Lucian Alliance has managed to board the Destiny and has taken several of the crew hostage.
                        Daniel to Thor: Wait, you're actually saying you need someone dumber then you are?
                        Jack: You may have come to the right place.

Comment

Originally posted by MathiasE View Post
                          Spoilers for the last few episodes of Season 1, dont read if you dont want to be spoiled
                          I really wish i hadnt read it but it's to late now =)

Spoiler:

Season 1, Episode 18 Subversion

Rush believes someone involved with the Destiny has been spying on them for the Lucian Alliance.

Season 1, Episode 19 Incursion (part 1)

Commander Kiva of the Lucian Alliance has managed to board the Destiny and has taken several of the crew hostage.
                          From where information. And why this should they? Why do they need a "Destiny"?
                          Well, contrary to popular human belief, the Earth is not the centre of the galaxy. (c) ARIS BOCH
                          SGU DEAD - Good News !!!

Comment

Originally posted by techwork View Post
                            From where information. And why this should they? Why do they need a "Destiny"?
                            tv.com
                            Daniel to Thor: Wait, you're actually saying you need someone dumber then you are?
                            Jack: You may have come to the right place.

Comment

why do i feel that replicators will be returning?

Comment

I'm surprised no one has mentioned 'Doctor Who'!

Besides the Daleks and the Cybermen (both of which usually restrict to appear in season finales), the MAJORITY of episodes in the series never had a centralized villian... and look how that is working out for Doctor Who, it is an amazing show!

Comment

Working...
                                X