X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You could say that the central villain is the ship itself
    Spoiler:
    It already killed 1 person (possibly 3 if you count the 2 that were left behind on 1 of the locked planets)

It is causing the main conflict for them

And they will have mini villains, so i dont really see the problem

Comment

Originally posted by Detox View Post
      Dude... first off, it sounds like you think teenagers are all 8 year olds who like watching superhero cartoons.

Second of all, the series isn't trying to bring in teenagers, it's trying to bring in young adults. 18-34.

I don't think you understand what people my age like...
      Well said.

Spoiler:
      And speaking of possible villions. What of that ship that broke from Destiny? Was that one of our shuttles or not??
      MY CONVENTIONS:

CON*CEPT MONTREAL 2006
      MARCON COLUMBUS 2007
      POLARIS TORONTO 2007
      CREATION STARGATE VANCOUVER 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011 & 2012
      GATECON VANCOUVER 2008 & 2010
      VCON VANCOUVER 2010
      FAN EXPO VANCOUVER 2012 & 2013

Comment

What makes you think there won't be one? I mean, these gates have been set up for a long time, so if there are civilizations out there, there's a good chance they've been taking advantage of them. It wouldn't surprise me at all to find some brave Ancients that decided to take the risk of colonizing outside the normal galactic range. It also wouldn't surprise me to run into aliens who communicate telepathically, and so don't have to be physically close to communicate. I think the writers are going to be creative in making aliens that might not seem like something we'd recognize as alien at first. I for one would love to see a "Coeurl", "Ixtl", or "Riim" species (Read a book!).
        Last edited by Mythophile; 10 October 2009, 06:47 PM. Reason: HULK SMASH MISPELLING!

Comment

Originally posted by Pat1487 View Post
          You could say that the central villain is the ship itself
          Spoiler:
          It already killed 1 person (possibly 3 if you count the 2 that were left behind on 1 of the locked planets)

It is causing the main conflict for them

And they will have mini villains, so i dont really see the problem
          it is Robert Carlyle said they died before the episode even aired. you can't really have a main villain because the ship travels galaxy to galaxy unless there is a species as technologically advanced as the ancients or curious as humans that spreads out a chain of galaxies.

- Christine
          Last edited by lkg1980; 10 October 2009, 07:02 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by lkg1980 View Post
            you can't really have a main villain because the ship travels galaxy to galaxy
            Or unless the villain gets on the ship somehow. But even so, we don't know how long the Destiny spends in a particular galaxy. If they spent a whole season, for example, in one galaxy, there could be a villain they have to deal with for a while. Also, the humans have (had?) a presence in two galaxies...maybe other alien races do to.

unless there is a species as technologically advanced as the ancients or curious as humans that spreads out a chain of galaxies.
            Certainly possible.
            sigpic
            FOX Network

Comment

it is definitely possible Humans made it to another Galaxy and so did the Asgard. I have a question tho were the Furlings, Nox and Asgard a by-product by the Ancients seeding or were they a original evolution like the ancients?

- Christine

Comment

Originally posted by Pepermint Jaffa View Post
                Or unless the villain gets on the ship somehow.
                I certainly think this will happen. They might even get some alien crew mates. Every other SG series has had at least one alien around. I'd love to see them have to work through communicating with other species. There's nothing like picking up that cute little critter that's been kept as a pet for a few episodes only to realize it's more intelligent than the entire crew and thinks of all of them as it's pet.

Comment

Originally posted by Mythophile View Post
                  There's nothing like picking up that cute little critter that's been kept as a pet for a few episodes only to realize it's more intelligent than the entire crew and thinks of all of them as it's pet.
                  Lol. Like mice and dolphins on Earth.
                  sigpic
                  FOX Network

Comment

There's nothing like picking up that cute little critter that's been kept as a pet for a few episodes only to realize it's more intelligent than the entire crew and thinks of all of them as it's pet.
                    Paging Nibbler. Sort of.

But seriously, folks. Right now the big enemy is the Destiny. They have little control over it, systems are breaking down, and it's heavily damaged. Struggling to stay alive is enough of a challenge. Simply put, there's no need for a big baddie at the moment. Pointing to the formula for TV shows is no argument at all. We can only hope that if/when they introduce a series baddie the writers won't fall into the same mistakes they made in SG-1/SGA, as RedDevil pointed out.
                    Forum insight in 1 click!

Comment

What makes you think there won't be one? I mean, these gates have been set up for a long time, so if there are civilizations out there, there's a good chance they've been taking advantage of them.
                      While it could happen, there are no DHDs on planet that we've seen yet. Highly unlikely that any one and everyone will be using the gates.

The show doesn't need a central villain to run the entire course of the show. I see the show set up with some recurring enemies, so to speak, but no main baddie, myself.
                      I'm not an actor. I just play one on TV.

Comment

Dr. Rush is the centeral villian
                        Originally posted by aretood2
                        Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                          Dr. Rush is the centeral villian
                          and in season 3 it will be the furlings
                          https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

I dont mind no central villains but I wouldnt mind a two-three episode villain arc. Maybe even a Lucian Alliance spy?

Comment

If each who explores alien spaceship and has the technology of interstellar flight evil. That means the main villain is the SGC.
                              Well, contrary to popular human belief, the Earth is not the centre of the galaxy. (c) ARIS BOCH
                              SGU DEAD - Good News !!!

Comment

Introducing a villain right now would be a little harsh. They haven't even unpacked and taken a shower. Patience!

Comment

Working...
                                X