X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Saquist View Post
    Right now I can't tell the difference.
    I think you just won MattSilver 3K’s over dramatisation award for this week, congrats.

Comment

Originally posted by The Mighty 6 platoon View Post
      I think you just won MattSilver 3K’s over dramatisation award for this week, congrats.
      Whenever I get around to finishing them up!

Yes, SGU is a documentary. The docu-crews must have a great CGI budget!
      ~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

~ Burning people! He says what we're all thinking! ~

Comment

Originally posted by g.o.d View Post
        if this is true, then I'm not very excited about the second half
        You can have both you know. B5 proved that
        Originally posted by aretood2
        Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
          You can have both you know. B5 proved that
          And DS9.

Comment

Some of the moments that still bother me, in terms of "I'm not sure exactly why this show isn't working for me, but this just seems OFF":
            • An early episode when they're running out of air or something and someone walks, slowly, up to TJ and speaks, slowly, about some other side issue. OMG people! Focus, hurry, communicate intensity in some way. You've TOLD me these poeple are in danger, could you please also SHOW it?
            • Scott is dying in the ice crevice. Young says "you've got such a big heart". And I think - REALLY? I hadn't seen that yet. Oh well, they told me rather than showed me something about Scott. Now I'll be on the lookout for that aspect of his character, but kinda odd. Wouldv'e been better to have that moment later so my reaction could have been agreement rather than surprise.
            • Young gets back after seeing Telford with his wife, all angry about his personal stuff. Eli is trying to get his attention about an important "rest of the crew's lives at stake" issue. Young keeps trying to put Eli off so that he can go sulk or pout about his wife. My thought: THIS is the guy that was Jack's first choice? REALLY?
            • Two hours left to explore the first indication of sentient life. But wait, let's watch this video first. Hmmm. Time sensitive once-in-a-lifetime event that could save lives versus evidence about a dead guy, that will be there later. Made me yell at the TV again.

There are more such moments, and the point is that I'm "stepping out" of the show to see the silliness and yell at it DURING THE SHOW. Unlike with Sanctuary, where I'm engaged throughout the show, enjoying the ride, and only later do I realize some of the silliness - at which point I really don't mind because I enjoyed the show.

Don't even get me started on the stones or the bad lighting or annoying shaky camera or shooting angles that make it look like an amateur high school class project.

Oh, and yeah, I'm fuzzy on the details because I only watched the show once, on the night it aired, and my memory is of the general impression not the specifics.

I continue to watch, because it's part of my SciFi Friday tradition. And also because I want to support the SyFy channel doing SCRIPTED television shows and not the reality stuff or wrestling. But wow, they're really trying my patience!

I WANT THIS SHOW TO BE MORE ENJOYABLE!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Less View Post
              Some of the moments that still bother me, in terms of "I'm not sure exactly why this show isn't working for me, but this just seems OFF":
              • An early episode when they're running out of air or something and someone walks, slowly, up to TJ and speaks, slowly, about some other side issue. OMG people! Focus, hurry, communicate intensity in some way. You've TOLD me these poeple are in danger, could you please also SHOW it?
              • Scott is dying in the ice crevice. Young says "you've got such a big heart". And I think - REALLY? I hadn't seen that yet. Oh well, they told me rather than showed me something about Scott. Now I'll be on the lookout for that aspect of his character, but kinda odd. Wouldv'e been better to have that moment later so my reaction could have been agreement rather than surprise.
              • Young gets back after seeing Telford with his wife, all angry about his personal stuff. Eli is trying to get his attention about an important "rest of the crew's lives at stake" issue. Young keeps trying to put Eli off so that he can go sulk or pout about his wife. My thought: THIS is the guy that was Jack's first choice? REALLY?
              • Two hours left to explore the first indication of sentient life. But wait, let's watch this video first. Hmmm. Time sensitive once-in-a-lifetime event that could save lives versus evidence about a dead guy, that will be there later. Made me yell at the TV again.

There are more such moments, and the point is that I'm "stepping out" of the show to see the silliness and yell at it DURING THE SHOW. Unlike with Sanctuary, where I'm engaged throughout the show, enjoying the ride, and only later do I realize some of the silliness - at which point I really don't mind because I enjoyed the show.

Don't even get me started on the stones or the bad lighting or annoying shaky camera or shooting angles that make it look like an amateur high school class project.

Oh, and yeah, I'm fuzzy on the details because I only watched the show once, on the night it aired, and my memory is of the general impression not the specifics.

I continue to watch, because it's part of my SciFi Friday tradition. And also because I want to support the SyFy channel doing SCRIPTED television shows and not the reality stuff or wrestling. But wow, they're really trying my patience!

I WANT THIS SHOW TO BE MORE ENJOYABLE!!!!
              So... see you next week?
              ~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

~ Burning people! He says what we're all thinking! ~

Comment

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
                Spoiler:
                You are going to likely love the 2nd half since there is more action, exploration, alien encounters, new technology, battles, fights, and etc. The first half was to set up the characters and introduce them. Now the rollercoaster ride begins.
                Spoiler:
                so we will finally get to see who took off in that little pod in Air (i think it was one of the air eps)???? talk about a long build-up!

Comment

Originally posted by MattSilver 3k View Post
                  So... see you next week?
                  Yeah, sorry about that. I'm frequently misunderstood. I'm happy to clarify for you:

When I wrote "I continue to watch" I did not mean "I'm never watching this show again", sorry if that was the impression I gave, Texan is a tricky language

Also, no, actually, you won't see me next week. I'll be waiting until April to see the next episode.

But hey, good snark dude! You totally got me! I'm absolutely humiliated.

Comment

Originally posted by Coronach View Post
                    It'd be wise to not let your hate for a character bleed over into hallucination. If you'll remember, that was a brief fantasy that Eli was having.

Chloe, as a matter of fact, never kissed Eli...on Earth or otherwise.

Hardly a love triangle, considering whatever was between Young and TJ is over with....for now.

Sort of, but it's not sex...and a far cry from "who's sleeping with who".

Prove they slept together. That'll be a fun one to read.

His 8 (?) year-old son, you mean? From when he slept with a girl back in his teens? Yeah, that definitely counts.

Well, at least we agree on this.
                    Wow, your so ridiculously arrogant and confrontational I'm surprised anyone can be bothered talking to you.
                    sigpic
                    385 Heroes coming Home

Here's to smart Mods

Comment

Originally posted by Garrowan5th View Post
                      Wow, your so ridiculously arrogant and confrontational I'm surprised anyone can be bothered talking to you.
                      Err, he’s just refuting some points mate, let’s not get everyone back on their high horses, personally I’m saddle-sore.

Comment

Oi you, av spent the last thirty pages down in the PBI trenches. Now that theres a saddle frde(namely yours) am havin it! Hehehehe
                        sigpic
                        385 Heroes coming Home

Here's to smart Mods

Comment

Originally posted by Rac80 View Post
                          Spoiler:
                          so we will finally get to see who took off in that little pod in Air (i think it was one of the air eps)???? talk about a long build-up!
                          Since that was the only indication of the alien pod or sentinent aliens it more of a foreshadow then build up
                          Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                            Since that was the only indication of the alien pod or sentinent aliens it more of a foreshadow then build up
                            stop being so darn anal...you off your meds again???

Comment

Originally posted by Rac80 View Post
                              stop being so darn anal...you off your meds again???
                              I've allways been this way
                              Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by Deevil View Post
                                o-kay then.

Did you read about the astronaut who was charged for battery and attempted kidnapping? Yeah, those psych evals worked a treat.

And this is why I don't care that they have someone who is rather unhinged on board. It's not beyond the realm of possiblity.
                                that was ONE out of how many personnel? in the history of the program? ... now having 10 out of 80 being nutcases (so it seems) on the destiny is a bit overkill.......It's far beyond the realm....

that's why you need meds jelbaby... being anal can be a sign of OCD ya know! *when envisioning jelgate sees Monk *

Comment

Working...
                                X