This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by puddlejumperOZ View Post
    Depends if you like a weird football game called Aussie Rules, sort of like Gaelic football, only the guys wear skimpy shorts and vests in the middle of winter, and are totally crazy
    Well...it depends...

...do you mean football as in the Dallas Cowboys (America's Team) or football as in Manchester United (soccer)?
    "You cannot reason with your own heart;
    it has it's own laws and beats about things
    which the intellect scorns."
    - Mark Twain -

Comment

Originally posted by Deevil View Post
      South of the border, down Mexico way...
      Wow, we've strayed quite far from the topic, but it's rather amusing.

I've always considered Australia to be "Southern Hemisphere Texas", which is to say it's my #1 foreign country destination. (Mexico and Canada - already been there, but I drove so it really didn't seem all that...foreign)

Oh, and Scotland is "North and East Texas", the OTHER foreign country I'd be happy to get marooned in.

And SGU has Robert Carlyle, who is Scottish, and my favorite part of the show...whew...back on topic.

Comment

Originally posted by Sela View Post
        Well...it depends...

...do you mean football as in the Dallas Cowboys (America's Team) or football as in Manchester United (soccer)?
        Neither, watch...

My FF.netStories -Stargate Atlantis Allies-Colonel Ted Hasluck Bio
        sigpic "Weedle" 27/09/1987-16/09/2010 RIP Soldier

Comment

Originally posted by Less View Post
          Wow, we've strayed quite far from the topic, but it's rather amusing.

I've always considered Australia to be "Southern Hemisphere Texas", which is to say it's my #1 foreign country destination. (Mexico and Canada - already been there, but I drove so it really didn't seem all that...foreign)

Oh, and Scotland is "North and East Texas", the OTHER foreign country I'd be happy to get marooned in.

And SGU has Robert Carlyle, who is Scottish, and my favorite part of the show...whew...back on topic.
          LOL! We did get a bit off topic there but that's bound to happen a bit as we wait for the second half of the season. We can only chew over these first few eps for so long. As long as we don't end up too far afield and if we're all friendly to each other...

If there's a problem we can always go down to the Rep Points Internet Cafe and continue our conversations there. Anything goes (and has gone) in down there ask any old timer.

Good times in the Rep Points thread...good times.
          - Mark Twain -

Comment

Neither, watch...

That's pretty cool! I've never seen that before!

From what I see here, I like it!
            - Mark Twain -

Comment

Originally posted by Sela View Post
              That's pretty cool! I've never seen that before!

From what I see here, I like it!
              Just don't say that in Sydney though

Hmmm yes we're a tad off topic aren't we. So just how big is the Destiny compared to say a BC304?

Comment

Just don't say that in Sydney though

Hmmm yes we're a tad off topic aren't we. So just how big is the Destiny compared to say a BC304?
                BIG

wonderful sig by my little sister Mel, kind of reminds me of the missus and me

Comment

I've jsut figured out who Young reminds me of (just slightly), Eddie Maguire.
                  *snort* Eddie Everywhere? I like Young better.

Comment

Originally posted by EllieVee View Post
                    Gotta agree EllieVee (oops I just made a rhyme) Greenworthy

Comment

Gotta agree EllieVee (oops I just made a rhyme) Greenworthy
                      Just you wait. You're getting a haiku out of your name from me for Christmas.

Comment

Just you wait. You're getting a haiku out of your name from me for Christmas.
                        You'll have to do 3 now Ellie, moi', Mel and now son Ben

Comment

Me too.

But could you imagine Eddie on Destiny.

"I am in charge, but emotionally avaliable."
                          "Let's play a game!"
                          "I can stone back to Earth, gimme gimme gimme - I must retain my popularity."
                          Disclaimer: All opinions stated within this post are relevant to the author herself, and do not in any way represent the opinions of God, Country, The Powers That Be or Greater Fandom.

Any resemblance to aforementioned opinions are purely coincidental.

Comment

You'll have to do 3 now Ellie, moi', Mel and now son Ben

Ben and Mel have to amuse me enough first.

Comment

Funny, I've been tempted to start a haiku thread.

On Icarus Base
                              Eli's numbers didn't work
                              Aliens attacked
                              Originally posted by Rowe View Post
                              I really would like to recommend Maureen Ryan's Nov. 8 The Watcher article she does an excellent job explaining pretty much how many Stargate fans feel about SGU thus far.
                              If she explained how I feel, that would be excellent.
                              "Most people who are watching TV are semi-catatonic. They're not fully alive." - U.S. District Court Judge Timothy Batten Sr.
                              Ronald Greer is also a medic. Your argument is invalid.
                              Originally posted by J-Whitt Remastered
                              Secondly, I think that everything DigiFluid is good.
                              Sandcastle Builder: The game of XKCD: Time

Comment

Everything human is flawed... and often enormously flawed at that.
                                Sometimes to be realistic you need pessimism. But that's too pessimistic for me.

Comment

Working...
                                X