Clear All

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
    I find that funny as Water was my least favorite episode
    Mine too. I just didn't enjoy it as much as the other episodes
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by slurredspeech View Post
      Excellent!

Just because there's a lot of focus on characters, doesn't mean it's automatically deep, or good. Characters can be done superbly (i.e. The Wire, Oz, ...) and then not so well.

Me, I'm ALL for character development, seeing them fleshed out and watching them grow. But A) this needs to be done through various situations, not them being their own fodder, and B) it needs to happen gradually to be believable.

A lot of people criticising SGU aren't saying 'Shield me from the characters, I want to know nothing about them whatsoever'. They're saying 'Shield me from these characters because they are done poorly and thus I don't care about them'.
      I wish I could green you again! you nailed it there...I simply don't care about the characters in SGU. they are too shallow and self-involved to interest me.

Originally posted by Deevil View Post

My mother, who is over 60, adores the show. While this is intended to pull in the younger demo (which it's doing), not everyone who is older has been turned off.

<snipped for space>

I did not say the older demo was turned off... TPTB have said they prefer the 18 to 34 demo because the main demo for sga & sg1 was too old. yes it is obvious some older people like it...but that is not what TPTB wanted...they want younger people! therefore according to them...over 40 is too old!

Comment

Originally posted by Rac80 View Post
        I did not say the older demo was turned off... TPTB have said they prefer the 18 to 34 demo because the main demo for sga & sg1 was too old. yes it is obvious some older people like it...but that is not what TPTB wanted...they want younger people! therefore according to them...over 40 is too old!
        You'll be happy to know according to most prime time TV 49 + is above the main target audience... The target demo of SGA and SG1 is the same as SGU is. It's just the SGU seems to be succeeding more in that regard.
        Last edited by Deevil; 04 December 2009, 03:59 AM.
        Disclaimer: All opinions stated within this post are relevant to the author herself, and do not in any way represent the opinions of God, Country, The Powers That Be or Greater Fandom.

Any resemblance to aforementioned opinions are purely coincidental.

Comment

You'll be happy to know according to most prime time TV 49 + is above the main target audience... The target demo of SGA and SG1 is the same as SGU is. It's just the SGU seems to be succeeding more in that regard.
          Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm failry sure tptb went on Record sayign they were trying to attract a younger audience to the franchise, to give it new life.
          If not, I would love to see where you got these figures and facts Deevil
          sigpic
          385 Heroes coming Home

Here's to smart Mods

Comment

Originally posted by Garrowan5th View Post
            Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm failry sure tptb went on Record sayign they were trying to attract a younger audience to the franchise, to give it new life.
            If not, I would love to see where you got these figures and facts Deevil
            Yes they are trying to attract a younger audience to the franchise because SGA and SG1 skewed higher then their target demographic. They didn't want that anymore, and so far SGU is rating better in the target demo then ever before.
            Disclaimer: All opinions stated within this post are relevant to the author herself, and do not in any way represent the opinions of God, Country, The Powers That Be or Greater Fandom.

Comment

Yes they are trying to attract a younger audience to the franchise because SGA and SG1 skewed higher then their target demographic. They didn't want that anymore, and so far SGU is rating better in the target demo then ever before.
              which means the Target Audience is younger.....they are targetting an audience who are between 18-30(if I remember right) which means their target audience for SGU is not 49+
              sigpic
              385 Heroes coming Home

Here's to smart Mods

Comment

which means the Target Audience is younger.....they are targetting an audience who are between 18-30(if I remember right) which means their target audience for SGU is not 49+
                The target audience for Stargate has always been younger. That's the point, it hasn't changed. The only thing that has changed is they are finally pulling in the younger demos.

Now, back on topic... which is SGU and our opinions on it. I kinda like Eli - he reminds me of my brother but much geekier.
                Last edited by Deevil; 04 December 2009, 05:10 AM.

Comment

eli was okay at first. But now his whining and lusting is getting pathetic and he's grating on me. his only saving grace is the fact he adds the occasional laugh to an eps. IMO of course
                  sigpic
                  385 Heroes coming Home

Here's to smart Mods

Comment

eli was okay at first. But now his whining and lusting is getting pathetic and he's grating on me. his only saving grace is the fact he adds the occasional laugh to an eps. IMO of course
                    I think it's a given you are speaking for yourself , you don't go out making declaritive statements like "everyone hates SGU because there are no rabbits wearing tights". Though, I kind of hate SGU because of that now .

My thing with Eli is that he really does remind me of my brother, who I happen to adore... so I tend to look past the little puppy love. Thankfully that's kinda been cut back a bit, or at least I think so...

Comment

Originally posted by Rac80 View Post

They said they wanted 18-49 and for the record the majority of TV shows want this high demographic
                      Originally posted by aretood2
                      Jelgate is right

Comment

I think it's a given you are speaking for yourself , you don't go out making declaritive statements like "everyone hates SGU because there are no rabbits wearing tights". Though, I kind of hate SGU because of that now ....
                        No, I think I do have to disclaim, because many of the 'for's don't seme to know when people AREN'T talking for others. You maybe an exception, but it is required.
                        Rabbits in tights? you are a little mad, I fear.

Can't wait for Spence to be thrown out the airlock or soemthign
                        sigpic
                        385 Heroes coming Home

Here's to smart Mods

Comment

No, I think I do have to disclaim, because many of the 'for's don't seme to know when people AREN'T talking for others.
                          And that's where my disclaimer was born

Rabbits in tights? you are a little mad, I fear.
                          Just a little... but sanity is boring.

Can't wait for Spence to be thrown out the airlock or soemthign
                          Yeah, that'd be cool I have to say. I actually want Young to start airlockin' people who look like they will mutiny...

Comment

Not by much though as some people claim it to be. Atlantis was about 56% for their 4th season that were in the 18 to 49, and SGU now is about 56%. Atlantis did fall in their 5th season to about 52% in the 18 to 49, but did better than shows like Eureka and Sanctuary which were under 50%. Basically in a nutshell, SGU and SGA both see/saw the majority of their audience in the 18 to 49 catergory, and that is a fact not an opinion. I use percentages because when a show has like 300,000 to 500,000 more total viewers of course it's demos are going to be more.
                            Last edited by Briangate78; 04 December 2009, 06:20 AM.
                            sigpic

Comment

Just a little... but sanity is boring.
                              Who needs sanity eh? Now excuse me while I get my campaign for biscuit equality in SGU underway.

Comment

Sign me up! what do we want? Equality for biscuits! When do we want it? Sometime in the near future!
                                sigpic
                                385 Heroes coming Home

Here's to smart Mods

Comment

Working...
                                X