This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
    The morale of the story people is everything in moderation.
    Yes, but moderation isn't something TPTB have been known to be able to achieve. Of course, I do hope that that has changed.
    Disclaimer: All opinions stated within this post are relevant to the author herself, and do not in any way represent the opinions of God, Country, The Powers That Be or Greater Fandom.

Any resemblance to aforementioned opinions are purely coincidental.

Comment

Originally posted by Deevil View Post
      More action and alien encounters doesn't make for a better show... And I really don't want TPTB to start thinking that, because then they'll fall into the same trap they did later SG1 and the majority of SGA. Big bangs and billets flying = good tv. It didn't = good tv... it = somewhat shallow TV in my estimation.

I don't think they have to stop using the stones, I think they'll start using them a less often soon... But I agree, I want them to explore the ship some more, which is another thing I don't want them to repeat. In SGA they barely explored the station (and for some reason only ever found killing things)... Let's not repeat that mistake.
      What makes a good or better show is a good balance of all these things. Atlantis was getting that in Season 4 when they focused on the characters more. SGU needs to get an interesting plot and story going which was lost after Water.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
        What makes a good or better show is a good balance of all these things. Atlantis was getting that in Season 4 when they focused on the characters more. SGU needs to get an interesting plot and story going which was lost after Water.
        I find that funny as Water was my least favorite episode
        Originally posted by aretood2
        Jelgate is right

Comment

I dunno, I think the characters are quite interesting... but, these things are very subjective. They do need to whack home the goal of their journey though - to get home... and then whack home the fact that not everyone wants to get there.

That being said, I don't think season 4 SGA achieved the balance you seem to think it does. I hope TPTB don't think that either... I really really hope that.
          Disclaimer: All opinions stated within this post are relevant to the author herself, and do not in any way represent the opinions of God, Country, The Powers That Be or Greater Fandom.

Comment

I dunno, I think the characters are quite interesting... but, these things are very subjective. They do need to whack home the goal of their journey though - to get home... and then whack home the fact that not everyone wants to get there.

That being said, I don't think season 4 SGA achieved the balance you seem to think it does. I hope TPTB don't think that either... I really really hope that.
            No it could of really dove more into the characters. It came very close I think to what they wanted to acheive but likely were afraid to change things too much.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
              I find that funny as Water was my least favorite episode
              I agree with you, it wasn't a bad episode - it was just meh...

No it could of really dove more into the characters. It came very close I think to what they wanted to acheive but likely were afraid to change things too much.
              I think the problem was that they didn't know how to correct the problem... But, you have a point with teh fear too. I'm hoping TPTB have become a little more fearless.

Comment

"There is a dissimilar discordance of unrestrianed harmony here usurped only by the undeniable plausability that not every opinion generates unquestionable loyalty, to a somewhat vague area of discussion, enshrined in those hallowed halls of public debate, the answer never to see the light of day!"

"What, Humphrey, could you repeat that please?"

"Ah yes Prime Minsister, I don't think we agree!"

My FF.netStories -Stargate Atlantis Allies-Colonel Ted Hasluck Bio
                sigpic "Weedle" 27/09/1987-16/09/2010 RIP Soldier

Comment

I agree with you, it wasn't a bad episode - it was just meh...
                  The issue with Water was that the water bit was (a) a repeat of the sand episode and (b) Scott down the hole wasn't that interesting.

I think the problem was that they didn't know how to correct the problem... But, you have a point with teh fear too. I'm hoping TPTB have become a little more fearless.
                  I think Time was rather brave given how they tend to like to wrap things up.

Comment

Originally posted by EllieVee View Post
                    The issue with Water was that the water bit was (a) a repeat of the sand episode and (b) Scott down the hole wasn't that interesting.
                    And that sums it up nicely.

I think Time was rather brave given how they tend to like to wrap things up.
                    I know! I have issues with time - mainly because I didn't feel any danger for the characters... but I thought the ending was just fantastic.

Comment

I know! I have issues with time - mainly because I didn't feel any danger for the characters... but I thought the ending was just fantastic.
                      True, I worked out pretty early on that we were watching them watch themselves in a time loopy fashion but working that out didn't spoil my enjoyment of the episode because it was so well done.

Comment

Originally posted by EllieVee View Post
                        True, I worked out pretty early on that we were watching them watch themselves in a time loopy fashion but working that out didn't spoil my enjoyment of the episode because it was so well done.
                        Don't get me wrong I enjoyed the episode... it was a hell o' a lot of fun. I just don't think ti was the strongest episode of the season thus far.

But, it was a very well put together episode, and I love how they managed to make a cause and effect type of episode without falling back on tired cliches. Actually, I've generally found SG time travel episodes to be some of the strongest of the genre.

Comment

*mumbles incoherenlty about people not appreciating exquisit comedic lines, and saunters off too find some other thead to annoy"
                          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by puddlejumperOZ View Post
                            "There is a dissimilar discordance of unrestrianed harmony here usurped only by the undeniable plausability that not every opinion generates unquestionable loyalty, to a somewhat vague area of discussion, enshrined in those hallowed halls of public debate, the answer never to see the light of day!"

"What, Humphrey, could you repeat that please?"

"Ah yes Prime Minsister, I don't think we agree!"

LOL! Green for "Yes, Prime Minister!" quote.

Double Green in fact!
                            "You cannot reason with your own heart;
                            it has it's own laws and beats about things
                            which the intellect scorns."
                            - Mark Twain -

Comment

Originally posted by Sela View Post
                              LOL! Green for "Yes, Prime Minister!" quote.

Double Green in fact!
                              Awww shucks thanks Sela

Comment

Originally posted by jrd231 View Post
                                My opinion now?

That's ok, though. I don't feel like SGU is Stargate anyway. Stargate died with Atlantis if you ask me. SGU is more of a space soap opera that used the Stargate name to attempt to hold onto an established fan base.

They thought this show was going to grab a new, younger fanbase, but they were wrong. The show isn't going to grab a new audience for the future. If the show continues on its' current path it's going to alienate most of the established SG fanbase that is still holding out hope that this show will be good.
                                I could not agree more.

Comment

Working...
                                X