X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Michael Shanks: : Give SGU a chance

From GW hompage: http://www.gateworld.net/news/2009/0...-sgu-a-chance/

“I’ve never seen so many knives being sharpened for a show being aired, especially by the fans of the franchise, as I’ve seen over this past year when it came to Universe,” Shanks told GateWorld’s Chad Colvin. “I’ve also seen a lot of love for it. … But I’m just kind of surprised at the waiting-in-the-wings tension that is almost desirous for this thing to fall on its face. And I think that’s a mistake.”
    “I’ve never seen so many knives being sharpened for a show being aired, especially by the fans of the franchise, as I’ve seen over this past year when it came to Universe,” Shanks told GateWorld’s Chad Colvin. “I’ve also seen a lot of love for it. … But I’m just kind of surprised at the waiting-in-the-wings tension that is almost desirous for this thing to fall on its face. And I think that’s a mistake.”
    Continues at the link above.

No! I'll never join you. Noooooooooooooooooo......

I think this whole thing is hilarious. I personally have no faith in SGU, but not because it's bad quality. It may very well be good quality, but I don't like space soap operas. I will watch the pilot though.
    TwiceBorn

Comment

Look, the fact is, none of us can judge the show right now, positively or negatively.

I don't care what some poster says; be as pessimistic or optimistic as you want, but the moment you say you're going to watch the pilot, then you're fine in my books.

TwiceBorn, I hope that you enjoy it.

Comment

Maybe Daniel Jackson will become a regular if SGU gets a second season?

I can see it happening. TPTB were trying to get him on board for the 6th season of SGA.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by sblade View Post

I can see it happening. TPTB were trying to get him on board for the 6th season of SGA.
          Were they?

Comment

Originally posted by sblade View Post

Originally posted by jenks View Post
            Were they?
            Yes, this fact was mentioned in either the "First Contact" or "The Lost Tribe" commentary.

I can't and won't judge SGU before I've seen the pilot and 2 or three episodes, so for sure I'm going to watch.
            sigpic
            My short movie "Red Bag" / The Scifi Guys Podcast / My Twitter account

Comment

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
              Look, the fact is, none of us can judge the show right now, positively or negatively.

I don't care what some poster says; be as pessimistic or optimistic as you want, but the moment you say you're going to watch the pilot, then you're fine in my books.

TwiceBorn, I hope that you enjoy it.
              I'd love to actually hearMichael Shanks' interview in this case, as interpretation/spin is all in the fingers of the folks who typed up the article

I'm on the fence about the show. I'll give it a look-see, but so far the trailers aren't screaming WOW! because it's dark, and reminds me too much of BSG, which did zip for me.

I guess Michael forgot all the fan outcry when Daniel Jackson got bumped off in SG1

Comment

Originally posted by Andron View Post
                Yes, this fact was mentioned in either the "First Contact" or "The Lost Tribe" commentary.
                Yes, Martin Gero mentioned it.

It could be interesting. Who knows?
                sigpic

Comment

Sorry, Michael - not even for you.

Life is too short to waste time investing in a new show, especially one that sounds so been there, seen that.
                  sigpic

Jack and Daniel...the old married couple.

Comment

I am more than prepared to give the show a chance. I just hope that one of the terrestrial or free to air satellite channels picks it up in the UK.

I have one small plea to send to the writers though. Please bring in SG-1 actors because the script needs it and it makes sense, not because you can.
                    sigpic

Comment

I love that any amount of character development beyond hints and humour automatically makes something a "soap opera" to so many people
                      "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

I think I respect him better now for this positive words and opinion. I can't wait for SG:U, because I am still interested in this scifi world. The magic of gate travelling to other planets still works by me, because I can forget every problems for 40-45 minutes.

I am not happy they canceled Atlantis and they postponed the DVD movies, but this is a neverending story, so I am happy new character will arrive and they will begin new greater story arcs.

I will be happy if MS can join to season 2-5, because SG:U seems to be a fantastic new scifi show for me, what deserves at least one chance from every scifi fan.

My only worry is that the premier of Clone Wars' season 2 will be at the same day on 2th October. I think it will decrease the rating of SG:U every week.
                        "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Originally posted by prion View Post
                          I'd love to actually hearMichael Shanks' interview in this case, as interpretation/spin is all in the fingers of the folks who typed up the article
                          Similar to the articles regarding "Sabotage" sides and spoilers?
                          Originally posted by PG15
                          This. I'm glad Michael spoke up about this.
                          Sig by Pandora's Box
                          sigpic

Comment

I want to see SGU, not SG-1 featuring SGU.
                            If the show works better because a regular from a previous show has come in then, fine, bring them in.
                            But if they are coming in in a desperate attempt to boost ratings then please, don't.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SeaBee View Post
                              I want to see SGU, not SG-1 featuring SGU.
                              If the show works better because a regular from a previous show has come in then, fine, bring them in.
                              But if they are coming in in a desperate attempt to boost ratings then please, don't.

Comment

Working...
                              X