This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Madwelshboy View Post
    I've watched everything and i'd assume that i've read everything also. With that in mind, i havent seen anything that i'd class as a major spoiler issue for me.
    MAJOR spoiler ahead:
    Spoiler:
    It was all an illusion, a fake world manufactured by one of those Ancient pods, to keep Repli!Weir in check. Chloe is Repli!Weir

Comment

Originally posted by reddevil18 View Post
      MAJOR spoiler ahead:
      Spoiler:
      It was all an illusion, a fake world manufactured by one of those Ancient pods, to keep Repli!Weir in check. Chloe is Repli!Weir

Comment

Probably.

Comment

Originally posted by reddevil18 View Post
          MAJOR spoiler ahead:
          Spoiler:
          Nice. I've seen the comic con trailer quite a few times, (I think its brilliant) and read a few bits here and there but nothing that will stop me enjoying it when it airs.

Comment

I know about the story a little about Destiny and the starting plot of the pilot, have seen the trailers, but I don't read anything specific about the episodes. Don't feel the need to either so I'm good with my status of spoilers heard and seen.
            sigpic
            A lot of the things that made Stargate awesome, but just with steroids, spread all over it. - Brian J. Smith

Comment

I've been reading everything I can get my hands on. I am practically stuck to Joe Mallozzis blog and I love seeing the new pictures. I'm really excited! And as discussed in another thread, this will be my 1st SG premiere!

SH
              Geek but without the eye for detail. I just get carried away with the fantasy of it all.

Comment

I have seen all the trailers, I know about the characters, and I know minor details obtained from various places. Add on JM's blog of random SGU information, and I can say that I know a fair bit about SGU so far.

However, I don't think I know too much at this point. I actually feel like I'm at a decent middle ground spoiler-wise.
                Sig by Pandora's Box
                sigpic

Comment

Nah i only found out what it was about then hardly anything else! keeps suspense up high
                  O'Neill- "Whose your daddy!!"
                  Sheppard- "Its the right thing to do Why? because it is!"
                  Sam-"You blow up one sun and suddenly everyone expects you to walk on water...Next up parting the red sea"
                  Mckay-"Oh yes when its impossible you look to me"

Comment

I think the clips and the spoilers that have been showen have been done in a very clever way that they have really wetted the appatite of myself but still I think they havent given much away about the plot at all I cant wait personaly !
                    shal kek'nemron

sigpic:

Comment

I don't think I'm doing too badly, but I really do enjoy speculating anything and everything about SGU.
                      sigpic

Comment

I've stayed away from almost all the threads discussing SGU, so I'm doing okay. I do think they're going a bit overboard with their pre-air publicity, though. Of course, the good folks at 'syfy' did a lot of damage right out of the gate, making it a bit of an uphill slog when it didn't have to be.

Comment

Originally posted by amconway View Post
                          I've stayed away from almost all the threads discussing SGU, so I'm doing okay. I do think they're going a bit overboard with their pre-air publicity, though. Of course, the good folks at 'syfy' did a lot of damage right out of the gate, making it a bit of an uphill slog when it didn't have to be.
                          I dont think that their doing any more or less than most other new shows premiering this fall.

Comment

I disagree. They're aiming for some new demos. It was always gonna be difficult to achieve that, even with loads of advertising. Advertising which, in these conditions, becomes a necessity. I think fans really need to acknowledge the fact that the fanbase wasn't increasing. If the franchise is to survive and at least have the opportunity to present good stories, then some changes needed to be made. And good advertising was one of them. SGU left a great impression at Comic-Con and I've actually seen big publications mentioning it as something to look forward to. I mean, take EW, which has held the franchise in disdain so far. Even if they did it somewhat reluctantly, they did say it's a show to look forward to and have given it fair coverage(compared to no coverage to SG-1 and SGA).
                            A shift in tone and attitude requires a shift in advertising as well.

Comment

I dont think that their doing any more or less than most other new shows premiering this fall.
                              Seems like a lot more to be. Haven't actually seen much about other fall shows, and had to go looking for that... It is true that the other shows I've seen getting a significant push were all SfFy shows, so maybe that's part of their 'rebranding'.

A shift in tone and attitude requires a shift in advertising as well.
                              That's a very valid point. It takes advertising to find a new audience. Of course, the type of advertising you need to do to get people who didn't go for your previous offerings is a bit of a double edged sword. It's going to push some of your old audience away. Anyway, I seem to have pulled us off topic.
                              Sorry, Phenom...

Comment

Seems like a lot more to be. Haven't actually seen much about other fall shows, and had to go looking for that... It is true that the other shows I've seen getting a significant push were all SfFy shows, so maybe that's part of their 'rebranding'.
                                I see stuff about V and Flashforward everywhere, much more that SGU.

But anyway back on topic.

Comment

Working...
                                X