Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How many seasons do you think it will have?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

more than 10

My answer: 1
    1 ?
    13.92%
    2 ?
    9.28%
    3 ?
    18.56%
    4 ?
    12.37%
    5 ?
    28.87%
    6 ?
    7.22%
    7 ?
    4.64%
    8 ?
    1.03%
    9 ?
    0.00%
    10 ?
    1.03%
    More than 10 ?
    3.09%

at least 4 if not more
    Originally posted by aretood2
    Jelgate is right

Comment

Yep, 4 or 5. Unless something unexpected happens, SciFi usually have their shows run this long regardless of what the ratings are, apparently.

Comment

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
        Yep, 4 or 5. Unless something unexpected happens, SciFi usually have their shows run this long regardless of what the ratings are, apparently.
        The Dresden Files and Flash Gordon didn't last that long "regardless" of the ratings.

I would not want to make a guess until I see at least 4 episodes.
        Spoiler:
        sigpic

Comment

Wow. I guess "three" is a popular answer. It's what I guessed.

Unfortunately, this will leave even more undone plotlines .

Comment

Three seasons, at least. It'll probably make it to 5 if the show is really, really good.
            sigpic
            "Space is disease and danger wrapped in darkness and silence."
            DS9 Superior|Farscape|Legend of the Seeker|Stargate Universe|STAR WARS

Comment

I think it will get 3 seasons. I don't know why, thats just what I feel.

Comment

I think there might be 2 or 3. But i'm thinking 1 when i saw Silly Sally post.
                GOODBYE GATEWORLD. BEEN FUN TAKE CARE ALL!!

Comment

More then 10! Cause we all love to dream!

Comment

Originally posted by Redhooks View Post
                    The Dresden Files and Flash Gordon didn't last that long "regardless" of the ratings.

I would not want to make a guess until I see at least 4 episodes.
                    You're right, I misspoke.

I include "really low ratings" in the "something unexpected" catagory; I am fairly confident that SGU will start off pretty good in the ratings department.

Comment

3-5 years is the life span of a TV show on Sci-Fi Channel.

The only reason why SG1 lasted 10 seasons was because it started on Showtime. Sci-fi canceled it after five seasons, same with SGA. And the same will be with SGU. No matter how good or bad it is. 5 seasons is all you will get. I guarantee it.

No show that I can think of has lasted more than 5 years on sci-fi channel.

Comment

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
                        You're right, I misspoke.

I include "really low ratings" in the "something unexpected" catagory; I am fairly confident that SGU will start off pretty good in the ratings department.
                        Anything above 1.1 will be decent enough for Stargate if we follow past trends. It won't be spectuclar but suffcient/
                        Originally posted by aretood2
                        Jelgate is right

Comment

I don't want to say until i see some episodes
                          People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually* from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint... it happens to kinda look like the name 'Jeremy Bearimy' in cursive English.

Comment

1 for now.

I don't see it go to 5, and if it does it will probably not be with the same cast it started with.
                            Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

I voted for six as I thought that was a nice number. I think it has the potential to go for 10 though, given the talent lined up for the show in both cast and crew. However that doesn't mean they'll let it run that far. A show gets more expensive the longer it lasts, and the less staff turnover there is. For example, people have, not unreasonably, an expectation of pay raises each year just the same as with any other job. Couple that with a show that has a larger than average budget (for special effects, as with all sci fi) and a 'niche' audience, at some point it just gets uneconomical.

As many people have pointed out, most shows don't go past 5 seasons. Five is a magic number - it provides enough episodes to make a decent return from syndication.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X