Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

someone also jumps off something while smoking....

Spoiler:

Comment

oh there seems to be no inner track nor traditional symbols on the gate. with other words: no fancy ring with symbols on them.

Comment

Cant wait for this, looks awsome, would like to see the ship though.

Stargate 90210 ha ha ha ha*flips those guys off*

Im happy to see alot of optimism on this thread. Even though everyone is entitled to there opinion i've seen to many people hateing on this before seeing anything.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Ukko View Post
          Cant wait for this, looks awsome, would like to see the ship though.

Stargate 90210 ha ha ha ha*flips those guys off*
          lol you're killing me.
          || Star Stream || Destiny Song || The Four Suns (My Band) || The Art of War <<== listen please!

Comment

I saw the Promotional video during BSG it was so awsome, I didn't know that there were also going to be other refugees on Destiny.
            sigpic
            Alt Reality Stargate Fanfic Click and coment
            STARGATE RESURRECTION

Comment

Originally posted by General_Finley View Post
              I saw the Promotional video during BSG it was so awsome, I didn't know that there were also going to be other refugees on Destiny.
              i dont think anybody did

looks like about 50

Comment

Originally posted by toby1kanobi View Post
                i dont think anybody did

looks like about 50
                Im glad there are more people though.
                sigpic

Comment

There will be a second Stargate Universe Preview?

Goodbye STARGATE & Gateworld

Comment

Originally posted by toby1kanobi View Post
                    i dont think anybody did

looks like about 50
                    I wonder were they are from? I and what made them go through the gate in such a hurry? It was like somthing was after them.
                    sigpic
                    Alt Reality Stargate Fanfic Click and coment
                    STARGATE RESURRECTION

Comment

and now its dead

Comment

I hope people noticed that next Friday during the airing of Stargate: Ark of Truth & Stargate Continuum they will air another teaser for SGU. A commercial for it popped up during BSG.

Comment

stargate fans hate battlestar galactica? wow the americans are stranger than i thought, BSG (no offense) is miles better than stargate in terms of mystery and drama! that what we british want! SG.U looks interesting, the gate is white by the way

Comment

Originally posted by big-boss-91 View Post
                            stargate fans hate battlestar galactica? wow the americans are stranger than i thought, BSG (no offense) is miles better than stargate in terms of mystery and drama! that what we british want! SG.U looks interesting, the gate is white by the way
                            Please dont put us brits all into one barrell.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by :Orion Coran: View Post
                              I agree 100%. I prefer this one:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...Ulogofilm2.png

Maybe a different color than purple, but that one looks a lot better.
                              Yeah, I agree. The one they're using now is... not cool nor pretty.

The last one reminds me of a wormhole.
                              sigpic

Comment

Well this person from the UK is not impressed.

I have only seen up to the end of Galactica's third season, and I have thoroughally enjoyed it. But what really has always gripped me with SG1 is the sense of going "out there" while mixing in factual historical mythology with a clever twist. So far I get the impression that Universe is going to go down the road Atlantis was supposed to go down and failed to do so at a critical moment. - The end of Season 2.

Don't get me wrong, I think there wil be an audience for this series, but I just think it will not consist of the majority of fans that have followed SG1 for the better part of ten years, or those who liked Atlantis's earlier adventures. - I would much rather continue to follow SG1's film series.

I also feel setting the series on a ship is dangerous territory. It was the lack of a ship that made SG1 unique when surrounded by the Trek franchaise, Babylon 5 and other competition. Dependency on ships like Puddle Jumpers then the Daedelus in Atlantis (not to mention the city itself in the end) has diluted the essential centre structure of the gate being the be all and end all.

Speaking for the Gate itself, the seven chevrons is easy to explain. Setting aside the fact people are in front of the gate in the shot, the bottom two chevrons may be beneath deck level. (Think the Atlantis gate where two of the chevrons are beneath the marble floor level of the Gatrium). The chevrons appear to possibly be white rather than blue, certainly they ain't red. - Its too dark to tell if there is a rotating bevel like the Earth gate or "digital" chevrons like Atlantis that may recalibrate from galaxy to galaxy. - The former would be more practical for manual dialing, such as in SG1's Prisoners, season 2 or The Bad Guys Season 10, but the latter would be easier from a production standpoint.

As always, only time will tell. However a distopian take on the Gate franchise is the last thing I want to see. (Assuming it gets screened by anyone besides Sky in the Uk!)
                                Converting a human body into energy and sending it millions of light years through a wormhole. Bloody insanity!
                                Come on, how often do you get the chance to go to an alien planet?

I was a'ready on an alien planet!

- Poisoning the Well, Atlantis Season 1.

Comment

Working...
                                X