Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which character(s) interest you the most?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by amconway View Post
    I was going to diagree wildly, but Major Griff was so darn politic about it, I'm just going to agree.
    Haha! I would green you for that, but it won't let me.

Perfecto!

Comment

Originally posted by Major_Griff View Post
      I would have to completely disagree with that statement. I would say that Sg-1 was good from the beginning, and hit its stride by S3.

Let me ask you this, did you start watching SG-1 around S6 or later and then watch the earlier seasons in reruns or DVD? If so you might not like the earlier seasons if you were more used to the later seasons.
      Indeed, I watched later episodes first, and don't get me wrong there were some beastly early episodes but the overall quality of the show got better around season 6.
      sigpic

Comment

Indeed, I watched later episodes first, and don't get me wrong there were some beastly early episodes but the overall quality of the show got better around season 6.
        I wouldn't call any of the episodes beastly. Even ones that were ill-conceived plotwise, such as Hathor and Emancipation had redeeming elements of character development and team interaction. I found season six to be somewhat lacking. There were some good scripts and I found Jonas likable, but he wasn't as interesting or complex a character as Daniel. I enjoyed the entire run of the show,and there are episodes that I loved in seasons seven and eight, even nine and ten, but over all I consider seasons 1-5 to be the best.

Comment

None but I am sure that will change.

O'Neill: Well, I suppose now is the time for me to say something profound...
          Nothing comes to mind.

Comment

I can't say that any of the characters interest me from what I've heard so far. Maybe that will change after I've watched a couple of episodes but I'm not holding my breath. My top favourite Stargate universe characters are Teal'c, Bra'tac, Ba'al, Kolya and Todd, none of which was an ordinary Earth human. If Rush with his ulterior motives turns out to be a rehash of Todd I'll just be wishing it was Todd.
            sigpic

Comment

The only character who looks interesting at the moment is Eli Wallace. Yes, I know it could very well just be McKay mark 2, but I like McKay!

Other than Eli, none of the others look interesting at this point, but then I thought the same before Atlantis aired, with McKay being the only one that immediately interested me out of the Atlantis cast list, mainly because he had already been on SG-1.

I just can't get interested in characters until I have seen them on screen, and I am amazed by the people who manage to determine, quite specifically, which characters they hate and which ones they love, before they have even seen them on screen!

All in all, I am neither here nor there on Universe at the moment. Although this is probably more to do with being throughly immersed in the final episodes of BSG, than any judgement on the concept of the show itself.

Soon as BSG is over, I may find myself getting more interested in Universe.

Comment

Soo far i am most interested in Dr rush just because RC should make this character very intresting and deep thats if the writing is good too
                sigpic
                Leeds Rhinos - 1961, 1969, 1972, 2004, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2011, 2012 and 2015 champions!
                Metal gear fan

Comment

I wouldn't call any of the episodes beastly. Even ones that were ill-conceived plotwise, such as Hathor and Emancipation had redeeming elements of character development and team interaction. I found season six to be somewhat lacking. There were some good scripts and I found Jonas likable, but he wasn't as interesting or complex a character as Daniel. I enjoyed the entire run of the show,and there are episodes that I loved in seasons seven and eight, even nine and ten, but over all I consider seasons 1-5 to be the best.
                  Window of opportunity a matter of time and the first ones are some of my altime favorite eps and they were in the first few seasons
                  sigpic

Comment

and when I said an ep was beastly I meant that it was awesome.
                    sigpic

Comment

Eli is about the only reason I might consider tuning in and even that is more about the actor than the character. I can certainly understand- and share- the concern of Eli being McKay v2.0, but even with that... and even considering that TPTB's treatment of McKay made me wind up hating him... the geeks are almost always my favorite characters in ANY show.

As for the rest of the team? Mmmm.... the descriptions so far really aren't to my tastes (and yes, thank you, I know that a blob of words can't accurately define what a character will be like on screen). My interest thus far is not engaged and I can't see that changing dramatically in the near future, but for those looking forward to the show? Hey, more power to ya.

Comment

I'm most interested in Eli Wallace and Dr. Rush...Also interested in Scott and Greer (or, more accurately, the actors playing them).

Can't say the female characters look at all interesting yet.
                        sigpic
                        Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

I'd have to go with Scott, Tamara, and Chloe being the characters that most interests me. Chloe mainly because Stargate has never had a true civilian character being a main character and I'm interested in how her story progresses. Scott and Tamara because I liked there basic character info and would like to see what kinda stories are made for them. The one that least interests me is Wray. I never really like anything to do with the IOA and didn't like Woolsey at first but like him more now that he is more on the outs with the IOA concerning Atlantis.
                          sigpic
                          Sig Courtesy of jasminaGo

Comment

None of them interest me, really. It's not character bios that attract me to a show, its how those characters are brought to life on screen in front of me that will attract me to a specific character.
                            sigpic
                            Thanks to Oma-1 for the beautiful banner!

Comment

Robert Carlyle fangirl *squee* for Rush...
                              sigpic

Comment

I'm very curious how Chloe Armstrong will turn out, she is an unusual choice for a regular spot in Stargate and that intrigues me. The actress is also an unusual choice to play a character like that, I expected a Number 6 kind of woman. Also, her father is Christopher McDonald. So Chloe interests me the most right now.

I'm least interested in Greer, he seems like a Ronon v2.0. I hope I'm wrong, I'm probably wrong, but still...
                                sigpic

Well, not anymore... Good bye Atlantis!

Comment

Working...
                                X