Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which character(s) interest you the most?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by amconway View Post
    I'm hoping for more of the 'Daniel' model, but actually, I think he's going to be more of a classic nerd than either of them.
    Well, considering he's a techie, not a culture buff, I don't see much comparison between Eli and Daniel at this point. Plus, Daniel is not a slacker. I think the "classic nerd" assessment sounds pretty accurate.
    Chief of the GGP (Gateworld Grammar Police). Punctuation is your friend. Use it!

Great happy armies shall be gathered and trained to oppose all who embrace doubt. In the name of Hope, ships shall be built to carry our disciples out amongst the stars, and we will spread Optimism to all the doubters. The power of the Optimi will be felt far and wide, and the pessimists shall become positive-thinkers.
    Hallowed are the Optimi.

Comment

im interested in seeing how lt.scott and dr.rush play out during the season.im a big fan of carlyle and brian j smith sounds very promising.

Comment

Well, considering he's a techie, not a culture buff, I don't see much comparison between Eli and Daniel at this point. Plus, Daniel is not a slacker. I think the "classic nerd" assessment sounds pretty accurate.
        I meant in outlook, not skillset...

Comment

OK, who stole my posts

Comment

im afraid all the chars will do for me is take time away from my precious CGI and aliens

Comment

Based on the character descriptions I'm really interested to see how Nicholas Rush's story turns out, the whole "ulterior motive" thing interests me..

Comment

From the character descriptions I've read Eli Wallace is probably the most interesting character (so far) for me because he strongly reminds me of Rodney Mckay from Atlantis XD.

Comment

Originally posted by dfoster1228 View Post
                  Perhaps I misinterpreted what Major Davis was saying,and if that is the case I am sorry. So many were ready to throw Universe under the bus when the idea was first announced. I still think we all need to calm down and wait for the premier before we do the same thing to the characters. Many of the early ideas of what a character will be like change as they are cast and the personality of the actor is made a part of the character. I have avoided reading much about Universe at all. I want to wait until the show starts before drawing any conclusions.
                  I am not trying to jump to conclusions I am just wondering what character are people most and least excited about. I am coming to this conclusion by looking at the character description and the actor cast. And FYI I think universe will be better than both atlantis and sg1
                  sigpic

Comment

Right now I am really looking forward to Rush. RC is going to be awesome, and having a character like this is new ground for SG, someone who's interests aren't so noble and not necessarily best for the team. As for who my favorite will be once the show starts, I don't know. If you had told me five years ago before SGA started that McKay was going to be my favorite character on the show, I'd told you you were nuts. Hopefully some of the characters surprise me like that on SGU.

Perfecto!

Comment

And FYI I think universe will be better than both atlantis and sg1
                      I have great confidence that it will be good, but it's patently impossible for it to be better than SG-1.

Comment

Originally posted by amconway View Post
                        I have great confidence that it will be good, but it's patently impossible for it to be better than SG-1.
                        It would take a lot for SGU to be better than SG-1 (especially for me considering I grew up watching the show), but I do think it's possible. A very slight possibility, but possible.

Perfecto!

Comment

I think Robert Carlyle is going to be brilliant. It's all the better because it annoyed Russell T Davies
                          "I ask you, what could possibly be in my eye that would explain this"

HALLOWED ARE THE SHIPPERS!

sigpic

PROUD TO BE ENGLISH

Comment

Originally posted by Major_Griff View Post
                            It would take a lot for SGU to be better than SG-1 (especially for me considering I grew up watching the show), but I do think it's possible. A very slight possibility, but possible.
                            I see what you mean but sg1 first few seasons were somewhat corny and it only generally got good during season 6
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by major davis View Post
                              I see what you mean but sg1 first few seasons were somewhat corny and it only generally got good during season 6
                              I would have to completely disagree with that statement. I would say that Sg-1 was good from the beginning, and hit its stride by S3.

Let me ask you this, did you start watching SG-1 around S6 or later and then watch the earlier seasons in reruns or DVD? If so you might not like the earlier seasons if you were more used to the later seasons.

Perfecto!

Comment

I was going to diagree wildly, but Major Griff was so darn politic about it, I'm just going to agree.

Comment

Working...
                                X