Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SGU: News on casting, articles/reviews on show(not speculation)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jenks View Post
    It's not like they're going through them one by one, there will have been loads at first and they'll be going through a short list now, so all the people that will get the part they'll have already seen.
    Actually, they do like to cast actors who have done scifi before. When the casting lady was at a con, she explained that folks who knew how to work with green screens, knew about technobabble, were great for scifi.

Of course, I think most actors in canda have done scifi!

Comment

So I guess if they were releasing the additonal cast info this week they would have done it already?
      BSG (Drama/Soap Opera)

Soap Opera: The main characteristics that define soap operas are "an emphasis on family life, personal relationships, sexual dramas, emotional and moral conflicts; some coverage of topical issues; set in familiar domestic interiors with only occasional excursions into new locations

Drama: A drama film is a film genre that depends mostly on in-depth development of realistic characters dealing with emotional themes

SG1/SGA are not Drama/Soap although some elements are touched on to add depth to these action/adventure series. If you want to see a show focused on Soap/Drama go watch BSG or Days of our Lives.

Comment

Where was it I heard they'd reveal more of the cast before the end of the week?

Comment

Originally posted by Jonzey View Post
          Where was it I heard they'd reveal more of the cast before the end of the week?
          Joe Mallozzi's blog, but i guess since its not released at this point, it is not gonna happen
          BSG (Drama/Soap Opera)

Soap Opera: The main characteristics that define soap operas are "an emphasis on family life, personal relationships, sexual dramas, emotional and moral conflicts; some coverage of topical issues; set in familiar domestic interiors with only occasional excursions into new locations

Drama: A drama film is a film genre that depends mostly on in-depth development of realistic characters dealing with emotional themes

SG1/SGA are not Drama/Soap although some elements are touched on to add depth to these action/adventure series. If you want to see a show focused on Soap/Drama go watch BSG or Days of our Lives.

Comment

Originally posted by Bytor View Post
            So I guess if they were releasing the additonal cast info this week they would have done it already?
            Mallozzi said it in his blog. My guess is that once SGA is dead (midnight tonight), then the NBCU press machine will spew out "SGA may be gone,but look, shiny new toy!" I mean, it stands to reason they'd just follow the pattern they've already established

But I'm sure they'll save it until after SGA is off the air. Although if they have any brains, they'll advertise for SGU with an ad of some kind during "End of the Gate" to entice viewers to a new series later on in the year. Most viewers don't visit boards like these.

Comment

Originally posted by prion View Post

I think most actors in Canada have guest starred on Stargate! LOL!
              sigpic
              Thanks to Oma-1 for the beautiful banner!

Comment

Originally posted by leiasky View Post
                I think most actors in Canada have guest starred on Stargate! LOL!
                Ah, no sign of Colm Feore yet, or Paul Gross...

Comment

Mallozzi said it in his blog. My guess is that once SGA is dead (midnight tonight), then the NBCU press machine will spew out "SGA may be gone,but look, shiny new toy!" I mean, it stands to reason they'd just follow the pattern they've already established

But I'm sure they'll save it until after SGA is off the air. Although if they have any brains, they'll advertise for SGU with an ad of some kind during "End of the Gate" to entice viewers to a new series later on in the year. Most viewers don't visit boards like these.
                  That's definitely a possibility.
                  sigpic

Follow me on twitter: http://twitter.com/brettsuddreth

Comment

Actually, they do like to cast actors who have done scifi before. When the casting lady was at a con, she explained that folks who knew how to work with green screens, knew about technobabble, were great for scifi.

What I mean is they aren't still looking for the actors they want, they've already found them, at this point all they're doing is narrowing down the selection they've called back.

Comment

new casting call info from solutions: http://stargate-sg1-solutions.com/blog/?p=2473
                      Spoiler:
                      Spoiler TV has posted two new casting calls for the new Stargate Universe television series, set to begin filming February 4 with the pilot episode entitled “Air”:

[SENATOR WALKER]
                      Male. 50s. 60s. Distinguished Senator who is the political oversight to this Stargate project trying to dial the 9th Chevron. Also the proud loving father of Chloe Walker his daughter and political aids… GUEST STAR, 2 EPISODE ARC. PLEASE SUBMIT ALL ETHNICITIES. STAR NAMES ONLY.

Senator Walker is the father of series regular Chloe Walker, formerly known as Chloe Carpenter. As indicated in Chloe’s character breakdown, Senator Walker will die a tragic death, possibly during the attack on the base where the Stargate connects to the Destiny through the Ninth Chevron. If they’ve changed the names of the characters, however, it is also possible they’ve changed storylines as well and the good senator might survive to return to the show another day, although the “2-episode arc” detail kind of supports the death scenario. We’ll have to wait and see on that.

[CAMILLE WRAY]
                      30-50. An accountant with the international oversight body that governs the Stargate program. Now the highest ranking member of that body left stranded on the ship, she has a false sense of importance and superiority to the other military and civilian population along with a stubborn way of asserting it.sptv050769..GUEST STAR, POSSIBLY RECURRING, PLEASE SUBMIT ALL ETHNICITIES.

Wray was talked about by creative consultant Joseph Mallozzi in his blog as an important secondary character. His description: “I also think Wray has a lot of potential for getting under Young and co.’s skin. She’s a definite love her or hate her type of character, one who’ll prove the bane to many a series regular, and probably some viewers as well.”

In addition to signing up Robert Carlyle to portray Dr. David Rush, casting has also been completed for Col. Everett Young, Lt. Jared Scott (formerly Nash), Eli Hitchcock, and Marine Ron Stasiak. The possibility also exists that they’ve selected their Chloe and Tamara Johanson (aka Jon) as well. Mallozzi said that casting announcements will be officially released very soon.
                      sigpic
                      By *E*K*R*

Comment

I'm hoping we'll get some casting news soon on the regular cast members. Most interested to see who will play Everett Young of course, but even if I've never heard of the rest it will be interesting to see (I assume photos will be released) what the new cast looks like.

Even though this will be Stargate: Lost in Space, if they can keep it intense and original along the lines of Farscape it should be a good show. The fact that it will be character and arc driven will help I think.

Comment

They stuck a really short commercial for it with the finale for SGA. Knew they would.

Comment

Originally posted by Gen_J_O'Neill View Post
                            new casting call info from solutions: http://stargate-sg1-solutions.com/blog/?p=2473
                            Dunno. sorta like BSG in some ways....

Comment

Hi all, I'm new here. And I have been a fan of Stargate since the beginning. And I can't believe I just watched the last episode of Atlantis. :-( very sad moment. And I have been trying to read different threads and comments other people have been making about the new spin off series StarGate: Universe. And I don't know about it yet. With Atlantis I took to it right away. But for some reason I don't know about this new one. I just hope they don't make it a StarGate: 90210?! I'm 36, and the way how the character's sound make's me feel old. Like do they even want us 30 something's watching anymore. I mean their may be 2 character's that sound possibly interesting. But otherwise it will be a we will see? Unless if they change the character's age by the time they cast and who they cast for the show?
                              And it also sounds like to me another lost in space type of show?! What's the point of having all of these Stargates if they are going to be stuck on this ship again, with no way of getting home? Those are my little quirk's about the new show, so far?!

Comment

Originally posted by Sa7Fire View Post
                                Hi all, I'm new here. And I have been a fan of Stargate since the beginning. And I can't believe I just watched the last episode of Atlantis. :-( very sad moment. And I have been trying to read different threads and comments other people have been making about the new spin off series StarGate: Universe. And I don't know about it yet. With Atlantis I took to it right away. But for some reason I don't know about this new one. I just hope they don't make it a StarGate: 90210?! I'm 36, and the way how the character's sound make's me feel old. Like do they even want us 30 something's watching anymore. I mean their may be 2 character's that sound possibly interesting. But otherwise it will be a we will see? Unless if they change the character's age by the time they cast and who they cast for the show?
                                And it also sounds like to me another lost in space type of show?! What's the point of having all of these Stargates if they are going to be stuck on this ship again, with no way of getting home? Those are my little quirk's about the new show, so far?!
                                What, are we STILL on the Stargate 90210 thing? The series is sounding more and more promising, with the promise of character-driven stories, diversity in regards to the alien worlds and civilizations, and Robert Carlyle's got me pretty damn stoked.

Also, about the no getting home thing. As the writers and producers have said...Do you really think they haven't thought this through? Gates are okay for travel within a galaxy, but by now, the Destiny is probably tens of thousands of clusters away from the Milky Way. The energy requirements would probably be huge and it may not even work both ways. Maybe you can only get to the ship using the ninth chevron, but not back. I'm sure they'll have a good explanation. And the situation makes for good drama. UnlikeAtlantis, this isn't a huge team of experts, with sufficient supplies. They go through the gate in order to escape an attack and most of them aren't really experts at this sort of thing. Their situation makes for much greater drama than Atlantis.

Comment

Working...
                                X